Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kellyanne Conway: I face sexism a lot
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/kellyanne-conway-accuses-anderson-cooper-sexism-viral-eye-143649588.html

Quote:“I face sexism a lot of times when I show up for interviews like that,” Conway said Thursday morning on “Fox & Friends.

“Can you imagine rolling your eyes… having a male anchor on a network roll eyes at Hillary Clinton, a female representative spokeswoman for President Obama or President Bill Clinton? I think not,” she added.

So other women not being subjected to sexism is Kellyann's proof she is subjected to sexism.

F'n brilliant.
(05-11-2017, 08:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/tv/kellyanne-conway-accuses-anderson-cooper-sexism-viral-eye-143649588.html

So other women not being subjected to sexism is Kellyann's proof she is subjected to sexism.

F'n brilliant.

I think that dude saying she looked pretty comfortable on that couch is proof that she is subjected to sexism.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-11-2017, 08:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think that dude saying she looked pretty comfortable on that couch is proof that she is subjected to sexism.

I don't know what you're referring to.
(05-11-2017, 08:52 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don't know what you're referring to.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/02/democratic-congressman-kellyanne-conway-really-looked-kind-of-familiar-kneeling-on-oval-office-couch/?utm_term=.4dcf6f832343

(05-11-2017, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/02/democratic-congressman-kellyanne-conway-really-looked-kind-of-familiar-kneeling-on-oval-office-couch/?utm_term=.4dcf6f832343

I wasn't aware of that. Did you think that joke was insulting?
(05-11-2017, 09:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I wasn't aware of that. Did you think that joke was insulting?

I thought it was degrading as the intent was to show that she may have done something extra circular to earn her role. So yeah, it was insulting.

(05-11-2017, 09:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought it was degrading as the intent was to show that she may have done something extra circular to earn her role. So yeah, it was insulting.

So how is a sexist joke insulting, but a "homophobic" joke isn't?
(05-11-2017, 09:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So how is a sexist joke insulting, but a "homophobic" joke isn't?

Because one accuses someone of being a ***** and another accuses someone of being a homosexual.

Do you consider neither, either, or both to be an insult?

(05-11-2017, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because one accuses someone of being a ***** and another accuses someone of being a homosexual.

Do you consider neither, either, or both to be an insult?

Actually, the Kellyanne Conway joke insinuated she was a woman performing the same sex act Colbert accused Trump of performing.

It's very telling you think Conway is a *****, but not Trump when both jokes involve them performing the same sex act.
(05-11-2017, 11:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Actually, the Kellyanne Conway joke insinuated she was a woman performing the same sex act Colbert accused Trump of performing.

It's very telling you think Conway is a *****, but not Trump when both jokes involve them performing the same sex act.

I'm out. You don't need me for this discussion. You are answering for both of us.

I have zero doubt that Kellyanne Conway faces sexism a lot. From people on her side and against her, no less. Both the right and the left are bad about that sort of thing. Right now we see a shift in the Democratic leadership where they message they apparently heard post-election was to jettison the need to fight for issues they see as women's issues. Sexism is rampant, especially in politics.

All of that being said, I've seen Anderson Cooper roll his eyes at people from all walks of life, so I don't know whether that example that has been used was actually sexist.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-12-2017, 09:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have zero doubt that Kellyanne Conway faces sexism a lot. From people on her side and against her, no less. Both the right and the left are bad about that sort of thing. Right now we see a shift in the Democratic leadership where they message they apparently heard post-election was to jettison the need to fight for issues they see as women's issues. Sexism is rampant, especially in politics.

All of that being said, I've seen Anderson Cooper roll his eyes at people from all walks of life, so I don't know whether that example that has been used was actually sexist.

I agree that sexism exists and I'm sure Kellyanne Conway has been the target of sexism.  But, the eye roll wasn't prejudice against women.  She was the victim of prejudice against stupidity.

Hillary Clinton is a women.  Kellyanne claimed Hillary would not be the victim of sexism like she faced.  If the eye roll was sexism then Hillary would receive the same treatment by the same people in the same situation because she is a woman and that is how prejudice works.  But, Kellyanne used an example of a woman being treated with respect by the same people in the same situation.  And because Kellyanne claims another woman is treated with respect in the same situation by the same male news anchors as an example of how Kellyanne is the victim of sexism  . . . is stupid.  Kellyanne's example would indicate she wasn't the victim of sexism in this case.
(05-12-2017, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm out. You don't need me for this discussion. You are answering for both of us.

(11-22-2016, 10:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 74343-Tombstone-well-bye-gif-hji0.gif]
I'm pretty sure I saw Trumpity trump trump do the same thing eyeroll to Hillary during one of the debates.......soooooo, how's that sexist irony feel Ms. Conway? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(05-12-2017, 09:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have zero doubt that Kellyanne Conway faces sexism a lot. From people on her side and against her, no less. Both the right and the left are bad about that sort of thing. Right now we see a shift in the Democratic leadership where they message they apparently heard post-election was to jettison the need to fight for issues they see as women's issues. Sexism is rampant, especially in politics.

Cooper is bisexual, isn't he?
(05-12-2017, 10:58 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Hillary Clinton is a women.  Kellyanne claimed Hillary would not be the victim of sexism like she faced.  If the eye roll was sexism then Hillary would receive the same treatment by the same people in the same situation because she is a woman and that is how prejudice works.  But, Kellyanne used an example of a woman being treated with respect by the same people in the same situation.  And because Kellyanne claims another woman is treated with respect in the same situation by the same male news anchors as an example of how Kellyanne is the victim of sexism  . . . is stupid.  Kellyanne's example would indicate she wasn't the victim of sexism in this case.

Rep.

She claims she was mistreated because of her political beliefs, but none of the Fox rubes bat an eye when she claims that is proof of "sexism".
(05-13-2017, 09:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

She claims she was mistreated because of her political beliefs, but none of the Fox rubes bat an eye when she claims that is proof of "sexism".

Surprised the conservatives aren't outraged at the identity politics they're so sick of.
(05-11-2017, 08:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/tv/kellyanne-conway-accuses-anderson-cooper-sexism-viral-eye-143649588.html

F'n brilliant.

Perhaps if she tried to oppose sexism, she might not be subjected to it. Just a thought...
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]