Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kemp on IL
Kemp has a broken rib and was put on 10 day IL and Philip Ervin was called up.

https://www.mlb.com/news/matt-kemp-injured-list-broken-rib
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Lets hope Ervin makes hay out of the promotion. His last callup in Mexico city resulted in a triple and a really poor defensive play.. We shall see. He's not starting tonight. It'll be Winker, Shebler and Puig in the OF..
I won't miss Kemp though.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 04:55 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Kemp has a broken rib and was put on 10 day IL and Philip Ervin was called up.

https://www.mlb.com/news/matt-kemp-injured-list-broken-rib

He hit that wall in SD pretty hard. He'll be out longer than 10 days with a broken rib, most likely a month plus. Need to get Senzel up here toot sweet.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 05:04 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: He hit that wall in SD pretty hard. He'll be out longer than 10 days with a broken rib, most likely a month plus. Need to get Senzel up here toot sweet.

Right now Reds have him in Louisville to "get up to speed with CF" .. I don't expect to see him in Cincinnati for awhile still..likely after the ASB if then.. Who knows..Can he remain injury free till then?

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 05:09 PM)grampahol Wrote: Right now Reds have him in Louisville to "get up to speed with CF" .. I don't expect to see him in Cincinnati for awhile still..likely after the ASB if then.. Who knows..Can he remain injury free till then?

Senzel is just returning from an ankle injury and has not even played yet in Louisville. I believe he was supposed to play his first game this week.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise ? Kemp has looked awful at the plate ! He's had a ton of swings not even close to making contact.
Reply/Quote
According to the Bats site Senzel's 1st day back in action is Tuesday, today..

Reply/Quote
An interesting factoid. They said the on the ESPN Sunday night broadcast Harper has been thrown out a lot. Only one player has been thrown out of games more. It is Matt Kemp. Hard to believe.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote