Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ken Anderson gives his endorsement
(05-28-2022, 03:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The exciting part is that we haven't even seen Joe's best yet.

First of all, amazing new sig.  I hadn't seen it yet.

Second, your point is what I keep coming back to every time.  He had a below average (in YPC) running game.  He had a way below average line (in terms of both run blocking and pass blocking).   After losing Reiff, the line just really collapsed.  It wasn't good with him, but it was just awful without him.  

I also keep thinking how this is Joe's first off-season where he isn't rehabbing a horrific injury or learning his teammates and plays via zoom.  

And this is Joe Burrow in year 3, with all those benefits.  We know what Joe Burrow does in year 2:  Breaks NCAA passing records and wins a National Championship at LSU and takes the Bengals to the Super Bowl as AFC Champs.  What is Joe in year 3?  With perhaps the best line he has ever had?  With Higgins in year 3, Chase in year 2, the line improved, and a playbook that is now potentially going to have many extra pages?

Damn, I just can't wait.  I don't want to rush summer...but I simply can't wait.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 12:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
The GOAT and the future GOAT.

crazy to think that it took 2 seasons for the 2 to meet for the first time

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 08:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, we thought we were automatic with Munoz, Montoya and company back then..  There's also that part about seizing the moment, rising to meet the challenge of your rivals, etc.

Truth. There is a lot to it. Have to impose your will in the biggest moments. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 11:07 AM)pally Wrote: crazy to think that it took 2 seasons for the 2 to meet for the first time

That is pretty wild. Surprised it took this long for them to meet.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: First of all, amazing new sig.  I hadn't seen it yet.

Second, your point is what I keep coming back to every time.  He had a below average (in YPC) running game.  He had a way below average line (in terms of both run blocking and pass blocking).   After losing Reiff, the line just really collapsed.  It wasn't good with him, but it was just awful without him.  

I also keep thinking how this is Joe's first off-season where he isn't rehabbing a horrific injury or learning his teammates and plays via zoom.  

And this is Joe Burrow in year 3, with all those benefits.  We know what Joe Burrow does in year 2:  Breaks NCAA passing records and wins a National Championship at LSU and takes the Bengals to the Super Bowl as AFC Champs.  What is Joe in year 3?  With perhaps the best line he has ever had?  With Higgins in year 3, Chase in year 2, the line improved, and a playbook that is now potentially going to have many extra pages?

Damn, I just can't wait.  I don't want to rush summer...but I simply can't wait.  

This, all this. I think if we can stay relatively healthy we might see something we have never witnessed this up coming season...Joe
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: First of all, amazing new sig.  I hadn't seen it yet.

Yep

I'm super anxious to see what they can do now ? 

And: when your O isn't 3 and out, 3 and out, time and again it helps your defense immensely. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 01:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I'm super anxious to see what they can do now ? 

And: when your O isn't 3 and out, 3 and out, time and again it helps your defense immensely. 

Keep'em fresh! Wink
Reply/Quote