Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Anderson is the man
(03-10-2020, 08:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I have two go to meals when I eat at Skyline. A 3-way w/ a coney on the side or 3 coneys. Worst thing about leaving Ohio Sad

up that to a 4 way with beans if your on a road trip
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 11:08 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Trust me Brad, I can EASILY down like 10 of them LOL

But I need to watch my weight! Coming down to Cincy is a vacation of sorts, so American Taco Bell (so friggin' incredible compared to it up here), Montgomery Inn or other ribs for dinner, Cherry Limeade from Sonic and Skyline/Goldstar are staples... I generally have 2 Goldstar coneys during the game as well, so that's 6 in a day.

Too many calories!

I live in a food mecca, the San Francisco Bay area, yet I always get White Castle cheese burgers and or Vic Cassano's Deluxe pizza when I get in town.  Never developed a taste for the chili and noodles.  Shouldn't have developed a taste for those two either.  I looked into going to Augustana College due solely to Kenny Anderson.  How a guy could come out of that tiny DIII program and deserve to be in the NFL HOF is a mystery.  Those guys are unicorns.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 12:40 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I live in a food mecca, the San Francisco Bay area, yet I always get White Castle cheese burgers and or Vic Cassano's Deluxe pizza when I get in town.  Never developed a taste for the chili and noodles.  Shouldn't have developed a taste for those two either.  I looked into going to Augustana College due solely to Kenny Anderson.  How a guy could come out of that tiny DIII program and deserve to be in the NFL HOF is a mystery.  Those guys are unicorns.

As the, "chili," is just more of a meat stew, eating it with that in mind makes it more enjoyable, for me anyways Wink.

I've made it at home twice and it is PHENOMENAL, either on its own or with a hot dog, just delicious and my wife loves it too.

But yeah, I can completely see if someone who is expecting it to be a southern-US/Mexican chili, is completely turned off after having it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 07:53 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: "He's an Ohio kid," Anderson said. "He seems like a good guy. He seems like he says the right things. The only negative thing he said about Cincinnati is he didn't like (the) chili. We can work on that."

As for Anderson, "I'm a big cheese cony guy. That's my go to."

I loved Kenny Anderson when he played. He is my favorite Bengal of all time. I remember being a little kid in elementary school and my teacher hearing me say that and he said "That guy likes his booze. He has a drinking problem" Then walks away...

What teacher says that to an 8 year old?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 04:55 PM)GodFather Wrote: I loved Kenny Anderson when he played. He is my favorite Bengal of all time. I remember being a little kid in elementary school and my teacher hearing me say that and he said "That guy likes his booze. He has a drinking problem" Then walks away...

Steelers fan.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 04:55 PM)GodFather Wrote: I loved Kenny Anderson when he played. He is my favorite Bengal of all time. I remember being a little kid in elementary school and my teacher hearing me say that and he said "That guy likes his booze. He has a drinking problem" Then walks away...

(03-12-2020, 04:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Steelers fan.

Yeah typical steeler scum lol
Reply/Quote

A teacher having a drinking problem.

Teachers had such a great gig until cell phone cameras came along.  Now they can't get away with nuth'in like in the good old days.  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 05:19 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: A teacher having a drinking problem.

Teachers had such a great gig until cell phone cameras came along.  Now they can't get away with nuth'in like in the good old days.  

No the teacher said Kenny Anderson had a drinking problem.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 05:29 PM)GodFather Wrote: No the teacher said Kenny Anderson had a drinking problem.

I was answering the question of "What teacher says that to an 8 year old?"

A teacher having a drinking problem.  I think a lot of them do. 

Plus keeping their hands off the little ones too, especially some of the female teachers.  That's why I tossed out the cell phone camera statement.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 07:53 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: "He's an Ohio kid," Anderson said. "He seems like a good guy. He seems like he says the right things. The only negative thing he said about Cincinnati is he didn't like (the) chili. We can work on that."

As for Anderson, "I'm a big cheese cony guy. That's my go to."

Kenny has class

Carson is a douche

Don't be like Carson

Be like Kenny
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 08:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I have two go to meals when I eat at Skyline. A 3-way w/ a coney on the side or 3 coneys. Worst thing about leaving Ohio Sad

My sister found one in Tampa!  They are popping up all over....When they were in Chicago, we just took them cans.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 11:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: My sister found one in Tampa!  They are popping up all over....When they were in Chicago, we just took them cans.  

I heard years ago the founding Skyline family opened a branch near their vacation home in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Maybe it’s catching on there because of that.

My sister sends me cans every year on my bday and Christmas.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 03:41 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I heard years ago the found Skyline family opened a branch near their vacation home in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Maybe it’s catching on there because of that.

My sister sends me cans every year on my bday and Christmas.

I see Corvallis....Why don't you open one?  I would love to be the only game in town.  I understand they are quite profitable as their ingredient list is minimal (like pizza).  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 12:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I see Corvallis....Why don't you open one?  I would love to be the only game in town.  I understand they are quite profitable as their ingredient list is minimal (like pizza).  

Probably do well here, since it’s a college town. I’m just not the entrepreneur type. I have a comfortable job, with a pension, where I get to fix broken things, so I’m content.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 01:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Probably do well here, since it’s a college town. I’m just not the entrepreneur type. I have a comfortable job, with a pension, where I get to fix broken things, so I’m content.

Yep...me too.  Conservative as hell, financially.  It really bums me out to think of all the businesses that are going to get wiped out because some asshole decided a bat looked good on toast.  
Reply/Quote