Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Anderson on Joe- “he’s probably better than me”
(07-26-2021, 06:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I love Kenny.  And I love Joe.  But Kenny is being way too generous here.  

There's a very good reason he's an inaugural member of the newly formed Ring of Honor, and there's a very good reason he's often considered as a clear snub for the HOF.  He was one of the better QB's of an entire generation, he had a winning record as a starter (91 wins), and he played in a Superbowl.

Joe Burrow, even for all of the hype of around him, the Heisman and him flashing potential, hasn't really accomplished anything of note in this league yet.  We can all hope and believe he will go on to do great things but until he actually starts proving himself to be a well above average starter, and for a consistent amount of time, then I don't think this is fair statement.  

Compared to Kenny Anderson, Joe Burrow is an absolute nobody.  And that's no shot at Joe, the same is true for any number of young QB's.  Justin Herbert?  Nobody when compared to the greats.  Justin Fields?  Nobody.  Trevor Lawrence?  Nobody.  Zach Wilson?  Nobody.

And if for some reason Kenny is just talking about skill level (throwing power + accuracy, strength, speed) then he basically just described probably 75% of the QB's in the league.  I would assume the vast majority of NFL players are physically superior to their peers from the past.

I'm honestly not trying to rain on the parade here but this Joe Burrow stuff gets a bit nuts on here and around the city.  I'm excited to see him progress as the next guy but he's still got a whole lot to prove.  Nothing is a given.  We can't keep making statements like "I think he really elevates the players around him" when he clearly hasn't done that yet.  He was 2-7-1 as a starter last season.  Let's give it some time to crown t
You're nothing if not consistent. Always the glass half empty kind of guy. Anderson said "going to be." That is future tense, not right now at this moment. And we can keep making statements about how he elevates those players around him as long as he's doing things like teaching them to watch film, staying after practice and throwing to them, making linemen say they really want to do well blocking for him, etc. And of course nothing is a given, he could be hit by a car tomorrow. 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 08:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You're nothing if not consistent. Always the glass half empty kind of guy. Anderson said "going to be." That is future tense, not right now at this moment. And we can keep making statements about how he elevates those players around him as long as he's doing things like teaching them to watch film, staying after practice and throwing to them, making linemen say they really want to do well blocking for him, etc. And of course nothing is a given, he could be hit by a car tomorrow. 

Please re-read what I wrote and tell me if it's "glass half-empty".  The entirity of my post is praising Kenny Anderson.  I even lessen the blow of saying it's too early to compare Joe Burrow to him with comments about other young QB's, that I love Joe, and that I'm excited to see him develop.

I swear, some of you look for even the smallest things to get offended by.  Nothing I said should be considered even remotely negative.  I didn't write any of that to rip on Joe; I wrote it to praise Kenny.

Oh well, at least your reply was nicer than someone else who deleted theirs.  Like most things, we're just going to have agree to disagree on this one.  I think Kenny is being way too generous here; you do not.  And that's ok; there's worse things in the world than disagreeing about a young QB vs a franchise great.
Reply/Quote
I'm still a bit gunshy after declaring jeremy Hill to be possibly better than Corey Dillon blew up so hard. Well, I didn't declare it but if jinxes exist, they exist here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kenny lost in the Super Bowl. Being better, Burrow should win the Super Bowl.
I'm Ok with that. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 08:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You're nothing if not consistent. Always the glass half empty kind of guy. Anderson said "going to be." That is future tense, not right now at this moment. And we can keep making statements about how he elevates those players around him as long as he's doing things like teaching them to watch film, staying after practice and throwing to them, making linemen say they really want to do well blocking for him, etc. And of course nothing is a given, he could be hit by a car tomorrow. 

the word probably has meaning... lol means we wont know till it happens.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 01:51 PM)G man Wrote: High praise

Full article: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/ken-anderson-offers-up-big-time-praise-for-joe-burrow

"He's going to be the best quarterback in Bengals history."

Well that is about as classy as a great QB could be. Rock On
Reply/Quote