Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ken Riley officially in the HOF
Damn shame they waited until he died. They'll probably do the same to both Andersons..... the HOF sucks.
Reply/Quote
I'm too young to have appreciated Riley's playing days but it is nice to see another Bengals player join the HoF.

It's sad he didn't get to enjoy the moment while alive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Congratulations to the Riley family, as well as all of Bengal Nation!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 04:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We had to honor our own before we expected anyone else to do so. The RoH was a bigger deal than some may realize.

And like I said above, the Bengals being truly relevant again also helps.

Yes to this.  WE have to promote ourselves, because sure as hell no one else will.

It's such a shame that the honor comes posthumously.  Maybe time for another HOF to honor another Cincinnati legend before he's gone.  I know, I digress, shame on me.  

Anyhow, congratulations, Ken "Rattler" Riley!
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 12:58 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: 3. You must be forgetting Bengals legend; Terrell Owens.

Five, actually. 

1. Riley
  2. Munoz
  3. T.O.
  4. Paul Brown
  5. Charlie Joiner
Reply/Quote
It's a bummer that he didn't make it until after passed away. But I'm happy for his family and for the Bengals that he's in. I'll have a good reason to watch the ceremony this year.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Awesome!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
He hasn't played since what....'83? He's STILL top 5 all time in interceptions, higher than that for pure CBs. It is an absolute crime it took this long. I'm glad he finally got his due, I just wish he had gotten to enjoy it. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I’m happy for Ken’s family, happy for the organization, and happy as a fan. It was beyond time.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
The idea that Bengals have been held out because of the 90s has little behind it.. In the 70s Bengals were a good team in the AFC, Ken Riley never getting in has nothing to do with the 90s performance. He was just overshadowed by the dynasties of the 70s.. Also if you do play with bad teams it is harder to get in because normally you don;t get honors.. Dillion is the perplexing one.. He was a major players for the Patriots when they won the SB but lack of awards playing during dark times for Bengals has hurt him

Joe Thomas got in and the Browns are a worse franchise than the Bengals over the past 30 to 40 years. Willie has been a finalist twice now, and we had not done anything when he was nominated in 2021 before Bengals had yet broke a playoff drought, so us winning now had little to no impact.

I agree that SB type teams get a be more notice but again if you are winning, you normally have better players that have a shot at HOF.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 12:58 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: 3. You must be forgetting Bengals legend; Terrell Owens.

And Charlie Joiner
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Also, Milt Stegall is in the CFL HoF! Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Primarily spent their career playing for the Bengals adds good context to this thread.

Who Dey

Moving on... which Anderson gets in first? Ken or Willie?
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 02:48 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Primarily spent their career playing for the Bengals adds good context to this thread.

Who Dey

Moving on... which Anderson gets in first? Ken or Willie?

I believe Kenny since next two years, they have expanded to taking 3 seniors each year, i would be shocked if Kenny is not one of six seniors selected over next two years.. Willie has made finals last two years... but still alot of competition.. with new arrivals each year
Reply/Quote
Bout time
Reply/Quote
I love The Rattler and have mentioned in the past he's one of the reasons I wore/wear 13 on Sports teams.

Have they already announced the 2023 HOF Game. I'd love for it to be Cincy so we can send our support.

Also, GTFO with Owens, Joiner, and the rest. Riley is the 2nd Bengal to be inducted into the HOF. If Chad ever makes it he'll be the third. He won't be a Pat
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 05:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I love The Rattler and have mentioned in the past he's one of the reasons I wore/wear 13 on Sports teams.

Have they already announced the 2023 HOF Game. I'd love for it to be Cincy so we can send our support.

Also, GTFO with Owens, Joiner, and the rest. Riley is the 2nd Bengal to be inducted into the HOF. If Chad ever makes it he'll be the third. He won't be a Pat

I hear you, and I would largely agree, but the NFL doesn't induct players with a team. The Bengals are credited with five HoFers, even if we fans see it differently. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 05:14 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I hear you, and I would largely agree, but the NFL doesn't induct players with a team. The Bengals are credited with five HoFers, even if we fans see it differently. 

That makes no sense. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 05:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That makes no sense. 

They just don't. I don't know why, though. Look for yourself at the Bengals HOF page. They list all of the guys mentioned, aside from Riley. T.O. and Joiner are counted as Bengals Hall of Famers. 

https://www.profootballhof.com/teams/cincinnati-bengals/

EDIT - Just saw that Riley is there, but Brown isn't. So, I guess PB isn't credited to Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
They may not formally induct them as members of a specific team but I remember distinctly a team section of the Hall. I remember walking through that section and seeing all of the Cowboys and Steelers on display together. Hell, every team had multiple figures represented, until I got to the Bengals display and Munoz was there all by himself. No Joiner, or anyone else for that matter. So, yeah, in that part of the Hall they credited no one else as a Bengal inductee, which is fine with me, because neither do I.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote