Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Zampese.....
.....couldn't call a game of Tecmo Bowl.....the original. Hell....he couldn't call 10 Yard Fight. Discuss.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zampese is showing why he never got an opportunity to be an OC. He has no idea what to do with the "talent" and has failed to build an identity as a playcaller.

Last year he was just picking random plays from Hue's and Grudens playbook. I don't know what today was but there was still no rhyme or reason behind the calls.

We need to clean house on the offensive side of the ball (and HC). Dalton and Co. used to be deadly in the redzone. It's no excuse to have fallen so far in production there. Zampese just doesn't have it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zampese is showing why he never got an opportunity to be an OC. He has no idea what to do with the "talent" and has failed to build an identity. Last year he was just picking random plays from Hue's and Grudens playbook. I don't know what today was but there was still no rhyme or reason behind the calls.

We need to clean house on the offensive side of the ball (and HC). Dalton and Co. used to be deadly in the redzone. Zampese just doesn't have it.

This is what I was scared of going into the season....but didn't want to admit it.  I couldn't stand him as a shitty QB coach, no idea why I thought he may actually turn it around.  No separation by the wideouts....defense often looked like they were in our huddle.

Reply/Quote
Zampese should have called something other than INTs inside our 10 yard line twice.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Just not sure the playbook Zampese had mentioned Dalton to throw 4 INTs, and fumble...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Zampese should have called something other than INTs inside our 10 yard line twice.

Yeah....you'd think after Og made Suggs look like he invented OLB position, we'd have helped that worthless turd at LT with a chip or DT....so he couldn't disrupt the play for one of the INTs. I guess Kenny missed that....but thanks for your predictable response. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....couldn't call a game of Tecmo Bowl.....the original. Hell....he couldn't call 10 Yard Fight. Discuss.

Speaking of 10 Yard Fight, can we make this guy our QB?  His decision-making is suspect, but look at that canon he has for an arm!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:27 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Just not sure the playbook Zampese had mentioned Dalton to throw 4 INTs, and fumble...

Obviously the turnovers killed us....duh. That said....how many plays did you see zero separation, or the defense looking like they were in the huddle with us? Wasn't just me that caught it.....

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Obviously the turnovers killed us....duh. That said....how many plays did you see zero separation, or the defense looking like they were in the huddle with us? Wasn't just me that caught it.....

A team that struggles to block shouldn't be bunched up like that. Spread them out more. 
Things got too tight. That favored Baltimore. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Speaking of 10 Yard Fight, can we make this guy our QB?  His decision-making is suspect, but look at that canon he has for an arm!

Sign him.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....you'd think after Og made Suggs look like he invented OLB position, we'd have helped that worthless turd at LT with a chip or DT....so he couldn't disrupt the play for one of the INTs. I guess Kenny missed that....but thanks for your predictable response. Mellow

The OC doesn't call protection schemes...but thanks for your predictable thread, 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Zampese should have called something other than INTs inside our 10 yard line twice.

Right like a pass to Eifert. You know, to take advantage of his strengths.

Has Zampese forgot about the seam pass that Eifert was so deadly at under Hue? Playing to the players strengths. I don't see Zampese doing that.

Reply/Quote
Another guy that needs to go. When Marvin finally gets the boot, everyone associated with this staff needs to be replaced. Clean House! We all know Alexander isn't going anywhere. Mike isn't going to let his personal testical washer go.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....couldn't call a game of Tecmo Bowl.....the original. Hell....he couldn't call 10 Yard Fight. Discuss.

Glad you said the original, cause that Tecmo Super Bowl got seriously complicated.  Smirk

I kind of want to go into detail on various plays at times, but I dont. I'll just simplify as he is not a good coordinator. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:31 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: A team that struggles to block shouldn't be bunched up like that. Spread them out more. 
Things got too tight. That favored Baltimore. 

Among other issues....yes. Dalton made a bad decision on the INT to the DB....a bad throw to Mosely...then you had a couple deflections...one under heavy duress. Lots of problems on offense.

Reply/Quote
When your O-line sucks...and they are getting pressure off the edge like there is nothing to it, and your QB has a case of jelly arm going on, you don't keep throwing it. Spread out the D and run draws and counters. Hell, you have 3 backs...use them.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Among other issues....yes. Dalton made a bad decision on the INT to the DB....a bad throw to Mosely...then you had a couple deflections...one under heavy duress. Lots of problems on offense.

Of course all the deflections were off of other Ravens. 

Reply/Quote
We all agree Dalton no showed this game, and the turnovers killed us. But you can't tell me your impressed with Zampese playcalling? Instead of changing focus to Dalton. Defend Zampese if you want. That's what this thread is about.

If you can't defend Zampese then Wyche is right on. Zampese sucks.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: We all agree Dalton no showed this game, and the turnovers killed us. But you can't tell me  your impressed with Zampese playcalling? Instead of changing focus to Dalton. Defend Zampese if you want. That's what this thread is about.

If you can't defend Zampese then Wyche is right on. Zampese sucks.

What was wrong with the playcalling? Saw a whole lot wrong with execution. 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Among other issues....yes. Dalton made a bad decision on the INT to the DB....a bad throw to Mosely...then you had a couple deflections...one under heavy duress. Lots of problems on offense.

Defenders weren't afraid to leave their feet. That's an OL problem. Gotta make than a bad decision. 
Reply/Quote