Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken zampese
So just saw. In a article that zampese has been calling plays in preseason games from time to time like a quarter a game. Makes me feel better
Reply/Quote
You know which OCs are the smartest?  The ones with the best players.

Our O-line was very good last year, and I actually think Ogbuehi will be an improvement.

Even though we lost Sanu and Jones they only combined for 1200 receiving yards last year, and we still have plenty of great skill players...Dalton, Green, Eifert, Bernard, Hill.

I am not too worried about Zampese as our OC.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is good enough now that he will check out of wrong play call if defense dictates anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 12:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Dalton is good enough now that he will check out of wrong play call if defense dictates anyway.

And this is a pretty big deal, the biggest reason why the beat will go on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 12:15 PM)McC Wrote: And this is a pretty big deal, the biggest reason why the beat will go on.

Agree and have to admit before last season was not sure he would become great at this.

But am happy to be proven wrong by Andy. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I can't tell what to think about Zampese. He is either a complete genius or a donkeys ass. Just watch some of his interviews. He is either hiding everything in Bilichick fashion or has no idea what he is doing. I can't get a read on him.
Reply/Quote
My article? :-)
@GreenCornBengal -- think Belichick, in terms of how he deals with us on record.

As for play calls -- Zamp and all the players say that play calling style will show itself week 1 vs. the Jets. But yes, he has called plays before under previous OC's but he didn't give any specifics as to how many, or when. But it's a good training technique. He and Andy get along well and you're right -- Dalton now has a ton of freedom and say in this offense.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 12:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Dalton is good enough now that he will check out of wrong play call if defense dictates anyway.

Didn't Dalton check out of the run play we were so sure would have picked up a red-zone 1st down and beaten the Cardinals and possibly snagged us a 1st round bye?
Reply/Quote
Here's the thing with some fans.. (I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular) They're unfamiliar with certain coaches and players so they make an assumption that said player or coach must not be any good or perhaps they just don't feel comfortable with the media so of course they must be a bum..
That's not a great way to evaluate people. Just because someone isn't a media hog that doesn't make them incompetent..

I think Zamp will do just fine. He's got a lot of talent to work with.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 10:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Didn't Dalton check out of the run play we were so sure would have picked up a red-zone 1st down and beaten the Cardinals and possibly snagged us a 1st round bye?

I'd say there's far more evidence that this is a strength of Dalton's, despite the one "mistake".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote