Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kendrick Bourne WR
Had almost 700 yards last year and he's only 26. I'd take him over Erickson or Tate. He made 3.2 last year so he'll get a little bump but he's better than anything we have besides Tee and Boyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMqh4dzQEk8&t=238s
Reply/Quote
Dude runs like Tate but without the size, no?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude runs like Tate but without the size, no?

6'1 203 and put up 700 yards last year and he's better than anybody on our roster other than Boyd and Tee and people complain !!!  We need better football PLAYERS. I'd much rather have this guy than Erickson or Tate for that matter. GOOD teams have good depth and we DON'T have that right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:43 PM)pulses Wrote: 6'1 203 and put up 700 yards last year and he's better than anybody on our roster other than Boyd and Tee and people complain !!!  We need better football PLAYERS. I'd much rather have this guy than Erickson or Tate for that matter. GOOD teams have good depth and we DON'T have that right now.

You didn’t address my point. You just threw out some stats with no context. Tate had 575 yards in 2019, but he’s clearly not all that good. If you’re merely talking about adding someone for depth, sure, but right now we need to add a WR that can actually start in Taylor’s 11 personnel to replace AJ.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You didn’t address my point. You just threw out some stats with no context. Tate had 575 yards in 2019, but he’s clearly not all that good. If you’re merely talking about adding someone for depth, sure, but right now we need to add a WR that can actually start in Taylor’s 11 personnel to replace AJ
WRONG!! We need as many good football players as we can get!!  And I'm sure they'll address the outside spot as well. I never stated Bourne would. I just stated he was better than anything we have right now besides Boyd and Tee. He's just 26 and he would be a nice piece to have and relatively cheap too.

He's a better route runner than Tate and has better hands.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude runs like Tate but without the size, no?

Eh, maybe give his video a look.  He's got good short area quickness, runs good routes, and seems to know how to get open.

Sure, he's not the "over the top" guy, but would be one heck of an addition to have on 4 WR sets.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You didn’t address my point. You just threw out some stats with no context. Tate had 575 yards in 2019, but he’s clearly not all that good. If you’re merely talking about adding someone for depth, sure, but right now we need to add a WR that can actually start in Taylor’s 11 personnel to replace AJ.

Don't be so quick to keep pounding that "to replace AJ" drum, I kind of feel like Tee Higgins is now that guy.  We need a WR3, and while I do agree that it should be someone with home run ability;  That guy doesn't need to be another star WR, just a role player that can do a couple of things well.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eh, maybe give his video a look.  He's got good short area quickness, runs good routes, and seems to know how to get open.

Sure, he's not the "over the top" guy, but would be one heck of an addition to have on 4 WR sets.

We certainly have a lack of that atm, that’s for sure. I just know he’s an undrafted receiver that runs a similar 40 time to Tate. Who we already have under contract for next season.

Not that I would mind swapping out Erickson for just about anyone though.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't be so quick to keep pounding that "to replace AJ" drum, I kind of feel like Tee Higgins is now that guy.  We need a WR3, and while I do agree that it should be someone with home run ability;  That guy doesn't need to be another star WR, just a role player that can do a couple of things well.

Under no circumstances do I want AJ Green on this team next season. Between his lack of durability, to questions about effort, to his clearly diminished skill level...nope. Time to move on.

If Taylor wants to run 11 personnel we need a legit WR3. Not a 33 year old who refuses to go up and make the tough catches anymore, and can’t be counted on to stay healthy.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 08:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We certainly have a lack of that atm, that’s for sure. I just know he’s an undrafted receiver that runs a similar 40 time to Tate. Who we already have under contract for next season.

Exactly, the Bengals need talent throughout the roster, not just in the glamour positions.  Bourne would be an upgrade over any man currently on the roster for WR3, and would make an excellent 4th if they did pick up a burner to run 7 and 9 routes all day.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 08:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We certainly have a lack of that atm, that’s for sure. I just know he’s an undrafted receiver that runs a similar 40 time to Tate. Who we already have under contract for next season.

Doesn't matter if he's undrafted or not he's putting up numbers that guys we have are not. This guy would be excellent to have in 4 WR sets.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 08:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Under no circumstances do I want AJ Green on this team next season. Between his lack of durability, to questions about effort, to his clearly diminished skill level...nope. Time to move on.

If Taylor wants to run 11 personnel we need a legit WR3. Not a 33 year old who refuses to go up and make the tough catches anymore, and can’t be counted on to stay healthy.

Perhaps I mis-phrased what I intended to say.  We don't need another Superstar WR right now, because Tee Higgins is our rising WR1, and Tyler Boyd is an established, top notch Y receiver.  What the team needs now is role players that are good at one or two things, and can learn the playbook.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 08:12 PM)pulses Wrote: Doesn't matter if he's undrafted or not he's putting up numbers that guys we have are not. This guy would be excellent to have in 4 WR sets.

The TD numbers are certainly better than Tate, Erickson, etc. That’s the one area Tate has disappointed me the most. He should be a much better weapon in the red zone.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 08:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The TD numbers are certainly better than Tate, Erickson, etc. That’s the one area Tate has disappointed me the most. He should be a much better weapon in the red zone.

If we draft a couple WR's and or sign one I'm not sure he makes the team. I still have high hopes for Scotty Washington on the PS.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 08:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps I mis-phrased what I intended to say.  We don't need another Superstar WR right now, because Tee Higgins is our rising WR1, and Tyler Boyd is an established, top notch Y receiver.  What the team needs now is role players that are good at one or two things, and can learn the playbook.

Ofc we don’t need a superstar, but AJ was more than just a role player last season. He was a featured part of the offense even with Tee and Boyd out there. He had 104 targets, and those need to go somewhere (whether it be a good WR3 or a TE). That’s my point. Bourne had 74 last season for SF, so I guess it’s not a stretch to think he could make up the difference. I’d just personally rather have a Samuel or Reynolds if we’re not going to draft another WR.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 08:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ofc we don’t need a superstar, but AJ was more than just a role player last season. He was a featured part of the offense even with Tee and Boyd out there. He had 104 targets, and those need to go somewhere (whether it be a good WR3 or a TE). That’s my point. Bourne had 74 last season for SF, so I guess it’s not a stretch to think he could make up the difference. I’d just personally rather have a Samuel or Reynolds if we’re not going to draft another WR.

Why not have a guy like Bourne to backup Boyd and supplement in 4 and 5 WR sets, AND have a guy like Samuel (would be my dream) or Reynolds (also with home run ability).

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why not have a guy like Bourne to backup Boyd and supplement in 4 and 5 WR sets, AND have a guy like Samuel (would be my dream) or Reynolds (also with home run ability).

Like anything I suppose, it all depends on the money. That would look pretty good on paper though.

Reply/Quote
Only free agent WR we are giving money to is AJ Green at the home team discount price. He will be nice enough to give us a discount considering his price to production ratio the last three years.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 09:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Only free agent WR we are giving money to is AJ Green at the home team discount price. He will be nice enough to give us a discount considering his price to production ratio the last three years.

Honestly, as long as the team supplemented with a FA and a couple of rookie picks, I would have no issues with AJ retiring as a Bengal.  I do think that he's got a little juice left in the tank.  A full, healthy offseason will have him back to prime-time form.

I guess the real question is; Does AJ Green still want to be a Bengal?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 07:31 PM)pulses Wrote: Had almost 700 yards last year and he's only 26. I'd take him over Erickson or Tate. He made 3.2 last year so he'll get a little bump but he's better than anything we have besides Tee and Boyd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMqh4dzQEk8&t=238s

I like him, Bourne impressed me when I watched him last year. Kind of reminds me of a poor mans Anquan Boldin.

Or maybe it is just the Niner jersey lol

He does work the middle of the field well though and goes up for the ball with strong hands. 

Would automatically be our 3rd best WR.
Reply/Quote