Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kenny Golladay
Is now a free agent. Bengals should target this man and hopefully draft Sewell and sign Thuney...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 03:31 PM)Trademark Wrote: Is now a free agent. Bengals should target this man and hopefully draft Sewell and sign Thuney...

Agree 10000000000%
Reply/Quote
They aren't about to pay 17+ to a WR and 13+ to a guard. The issue is they still have to fill another 20 or so roster spots and as much as people like to dream these scenarios up, money goes quick when you have to actually pay your rookie draft class (about 10 million) and pay depth (figure an average of about 1-1.5 mil conservatively).

That also assumes you want Bates to play the last year out of his contract on his rookie deal which isn't a good idea. You are better off getting him re-signed now before Simmons gets his deal done.
Reply/Quote
I think Golladay is quite a bit above what they will be looking for in a FA WR. Spend the big bucks on FA OL.

I would be quite happy with a 2nd tier FA WR like TY Hilton, Marvin Jones, or Corey Davis.

Less in the $15-17m/yr range and more in the $8-10m/yr range.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 03:31 PM)Trademark Wrote: Is now a free agent. Bengals should target this man and hopefully draft Sewell and sign Thuney...

I think Golladay gets a $10+ mill APY offer. I don't think the Bengals can afford to pay a WR3 that much, at least not without sacrificing talent at OL, DL, and/or CB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 05:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Golladay gets a $10+ mill APY offer. I don't think the Bengals can afford to pay a WR3 that much, at least not without sacrificing talent at OL, DL, and/or CB.

Likely more like $15m+/yr.

Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin have both been franchise tagged, which makes Golladay the best FA WR this year.

WR money has really gone up, with 15 guys making $15m+/yr and 4 guys making $20m+/yr. Those numbers were 11 and 1 just 2 years ago.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 06:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Likely more like $15m+/yr.

Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin have both been franchise tagged, which makes Golladay the best FA WR this year.

WR money has really gone up, with 15 guys making $15m+/yr and 4 guys making $20m+/yr. Those numbers were 11 and 1 just 2 years ago.

Technically $15 mill fits in the "$10+ mill" so maybe we're both right lol.
I was thinking higher but hard to say how the market plays out this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I wouldnt mind bringing Marvin Jones back
Reply/Quote
Come on people. Curtis Samuel is out there and he's gonna be cheaper than some of these other guys...and he fits exactly what the Bengals need; experienced, smaller, faster, durable receiver that can stretch the field.

And for those that care, he's a former buckeye. 

P.S. Essex should love him because he has a lot of experience coming out of the backfield. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't know how accurate it is, but there are people on Twitter saying that the Bengals are going to target Rams WR Josh Reynolds
Reply/Quote

Would be down as long as we can get a pass rusher and a Corner too...

Golladay is a deep threat which we need for Burrow, he can get separation.
Reply/Quote

Was hoping we would have drafted him at the time. So I’m all for this.
Reply/Quote