Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kenny Stills and Bennie Logan
Are 2 guys that I think would really help.

Logan is a run stuffer and Stills can blow the top off of defenses.
Reply/Quote
Intriguing players, but unlikely to come here.

Still will cost more than the Bengals are willing to shell out for an outside FA. I don't see us going after a DT. We'll re-sign Peko to a 1 year deal so he can mentor Billings, like he was supposed to do this year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 05:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Intriguing players, but unlikely to come here.

Still will cost more than the Bengals are willing to shell out for an outside FA. I don't see us going after a DT. We'll re-sign Peko to a 1 year deal so he can mentor Billings, like he was supposed to do this year.

How much do you think Stills will get? The Bengals matched the offer the lions gave to Jones who I think is a more dynamic WR than Stills so it's possible that they would be willing to bring in a FA WR like Stills. I don't think they will because they drafted guys like Boyd and Core and have Erickson who all have seen time this season, so they may just go with them 3 guys along with Green and possibly bring back LaFell.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2016, 09:58 AM)Crowe Wrote: How much do you think Stills will get? The Bengals matched the offer the lions gave to Jones who I think is a more dynamic WR than Stills so it's possible that they would be willing to bring in a FA WR like Stills. I don't think they will because they drafted guys like Boyd and Core and have Erickson who all have seen time this season, so they may just go with them 3 guys along with Green and possibly bring back LaFell.

The Bengals have no problem spending money on players that they've drafted. However, we don't dole out money for outside guys, especially under Marvin's Bengals 2.0. Since the 2011 reboot, Nate Clements and BenJarvus Green-Ellis are the two biggest deals we've handed out to outside guys.

Clements got 2 yrs/$10.5 million w/ $6 million guaranteed. BJGE got 3 yrs/$9 million with $3 million guaranteed.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote