Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Kenosha
Really didn't feel right posting this in the Rittenhouse thread. Not going to ask people to keep their politics out of this, already have learned that's not possible in this forum.

My thoughts are with the people of Kenosha tonight. I'm sure everyone knows what is coming. I feel the next few days are going to be a very harsh reality of the "State of the Union".

[Image: ngbbs4415a273c39f5.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What's gonna happen? Some misguided fool gonna show up and get into shenanigans?
Reply/Quote
I think it's too cold for much in the way of rioting. I could be wrong, and of course hope I'm not, but I think that most of the dissenters on this case know deep down they're wrong and persisted in public to save face.
Reply/Quote
Well, I hope you guys are right. I really do.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I checked Twitter quickly this morning and didn't see any news about any rioting or protests after the verdict.

I did see this though:

Seems like he understands the law and this case.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
So here's a question. The FBI had a high definition drone video of the riots, which came in at the end of the trial? So how come there are no arrests of rioters? Lot's of arson and property damage and assaults on those videos.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 10:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: I checked Twitter quickly this morning and didn't see any news about any rioting or protests after the verdict.

I did see this though:

Seems like he understands the law and this case.  Ninja

That's where I'm at on this. I would love for this to be a deterrent to future looting and riots.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 02:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That's where I'm at on this. I would love for this to be a deterrent to future looting and riots.

Ideally the best deterrent would be allowing law enforcement to do their job and then aggressively prosecuting those who were arrested, of course if the facts were there to sustain such charges.  Forcing law enforcement to sit on their hands, a DA who refuses to file riot related charges, or a combination of both simply creates the exact scenario we saw in Kenosha.
Reply/Quote
The only people who went were those looking to shoot and kill. The problem is in the future, rioters will come armed as well and then it's going to be bloodbaths. But no one will point to the landmark decision as opening this up.

Hate to break it to folks but riots aren't going to end because people are allowed to show up and kill people for whatever reasons. The next one will be a bloodbath of historic proportion.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: The only people who went were those looking to shoot and kill. The problem is in the future, rioters will come armed as well and then it's going to be bloodbaths. But no one will point to the landmark decision as opening this up.

Hate to break it to folks but riots aren't going to end because people are allowed to show up and kill people for whatever reasons. The next one will be a bloodbath of historic proportion.

Or, alternatively, don't physically attack other people regardless of whether their openly armed or not.  

Well, there's that problem solved.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 03:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Or, alternatively, don't physically attack other people regardless of whether their openly armed or not.  

Well, there's that problem solved.

There's always going to be unarmed hero's with only maybe a scateboard or chair or something that try to take out active shooters or get to them and get them restrained before help arrives. 

I agree tho. The smart and safer move is to just let them run and get away and leave the job to law enforcement. Hope that they stop shooting people and leave.

We used to as a society at least applaud the bravery of the unarmed individual in schools or churches etc who restrained, fought off the active shooter insuring no more deaths. 

But that was the old days.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 03:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: There's always going to be unarmed hero's with only maybe a scateboard or chair or something that try to take out active shooters or get to them and get them restrained before help arrives. 

I agree tho. The smart and safer move is to just let them run and get away and leave the job to law enforcement. Hope that they stop shooting people and leave.

We used to as a society at least applaud the bravery of the unarmed individual in schools or churches etc who restrained, fought off the active shooter insuring no more deaths. 

Active shooter? Who did he shoot that wasn't being aggressive towards him? How many people did he shoot before Rosenbaum? How many rounds did he fire before shooting at Rosenbaum?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 03:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Active shooter? Who did he shoot that wasn't being aggressive towards him? How many people did he shoot before Rosenbaum? How many rounds did he fire before shooting at Rosenbaum?

Only one person was shooting. Only one person killed multiple people. Kyle was an active shooter rather people agree with him killing those they didsagreed with or not. 

We have to be able to call a spade a spade. 

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 03:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: There's always going to be unarmed hero's with only maybe a scateboard or chair or something that try to take out active shooters or get to them and get them restrained before help arrives.

Except you're ignoring the most obvious and important part; if you don't attack someone with a gun then you won't get shot, i.e. there will be no "active shooter (btw your use of that term is deliberately loaded and we all know it). 

Quote:I agree tho. The smart and safer move is to just let them run and get away and leave the job to law enforcement. Hope that they stop shooting people and leave.

No, we still live in those days.  The issue is you don't get how the Rittenhouse case does not apply to your scenario, at all.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 03:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Active shooter? Who did he shoot that wasn't being aggressive towards him? How many people did he shoot before Rosenbaum? How many rounds did he fire before shooting at Rosenbaum?

100% accurate.  At no time did Kyle shoot anyone who wasn't actively attacking him.  Not only is there reams of evidence to support this it is no considered legal fact.

(11-20-2021, 03:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Only one person was shooting.

Incorrect.

Quote:Only one person killed multiple people. Kyle was an active shooter rather people agree with him killing those they didsagreed with or not. 

Also incorrect.  An "active shooter" is a person engaging in random acts of violence with a firearm.  By your definition a person defending their home against multiple intruders is an "active shooter".  Rittenhouse at no time shot or attempted to shoot anyone who was not actively attacking him, hence the term does not apply to him in any way, shape or form.  This is a fact that you can't avoid no matter how much it destroys your narrative.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 03:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Only one person was shooting. Only one person killed multiple people. Kyle was an active shooter rather people agree with him killing those they didsagreed with or not. 

Wrong again. Once again, turn MSNBC off, they are lying to you. Rosenberg'd friend fired the first shot from his handgun. Then Grosswhatever his name is admitted on the stand he pointed his pistol  at Rittenhouse's head before Rittenhouse beat him to the shot. It's a shame people can't tell when the media is lying to them. Did you not watch the trial?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 02:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ideally the best deterrent would be allowing law enforcement to do their job and then aggressively prosecuting those who were arrested, of course if the facts were there to sustain such charges.  Forcing law enforcement to sit on their hands, a DA who refuses to file riot related charges, or a combination of both simply creates the exact scenario we saw in Kenosha.

What we are seeing across the country is George Soros funded Prosecutors he paid to put in place. This is why we have riots with no arrests, assaults and arson with no arrests, but someone defending themselves was facing life without parole.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 04:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What we are seeing across the country is George Soros funded Prosecutors he paid to put in place. This is why we have riots with no arrests, assaults and arson with no arrests, but someone defending themselves was facing life without parole.

funny you are telling people to turn off MSNBC and then spewing this bullshit.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 04:30 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: funny you are telling people to turn off MSNBC and then spewing this bullshit.

It's not BS, is is easily fact checked with his campaign contributions. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/george-soros-criminal-justice-reform-227519

Quote:While America’s political kingmakers inject their millions into high-profile presidential and congressional contests, Democratic mega-donor George Soros has directed his wealth into an under-the-radar 2016 campaign to advance one of the progressive movement’s core goals — reshaping the American justice system.

The billionaire financier has channeled more than $3 million into seven local district-attorney campaigns in six states over the past year — a sum that exceeds the total spent on the 2016 presidential campaign by all but a handful of rival super-donors.
https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-prosecutor-campaign-20180523-story.html
Quote:In most district attorney elections, the campaign playbook is clear: Win over the local cops and talk tough on crime.

But in California this year, the strategy is being turned on its head.
Wealthy donors are spending millions of dollars to back would-be prosecutors who want to reduce incarceration, crack down on police misconduct and revamp a bail system they contend unfairly imprisons poor people before trial.

Seriously, turn the channel and see what is going on in the world that MSNBC and CNN are not telling you. Here's just another example...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/abc-cbs-nbc-cnn-skip-doj-whistleblower-threat-tag

Quote:The media have largely ignored the explosive allegation made by a DOJ whistleblower about the counterterrorism targeting of outraged parents that appears to undercut sworn testimony from Attorney General Merrick Garland

It's called lying by omission.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 03:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Only one person was shooting. Only one person killed multiple people. Kyle was an active shooter rather people agree with him killing those they didsagreed with or not. 

You're twisting the definition of "active shooter" in the context and vernacular that it's used today. That's not calling a spade a spade. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote