Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Coyle takes (his) Vance Joseph's old job
(01-13-2016, 09:11 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Anyone think Dalton will have input in regards to the new OC?

I would think it'd be a mistake if he didn't.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Secondary won't miss a beat.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 09:11 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Anyone think Dalton will have input in regards to the new OC?

Oh yes indeed.  I am sure he'll be consulted about this.  Cincinnati needs someone who won't exactly reinvent the wheel, so to speak, and innovate while keeping much of Hue Jackson's ideas intact.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What the heck ever happened to Mark Carrier?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:27 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What the heck ever happened to Mark Carrier?

I believe he is the DB coach.  Pretty sure Vance's job was Ass't DB coach.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:27 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What the heck ever happened to Mark Carrier?

(01-13-2016, 11:30 PM)McC Wrote: I believe he is the DB coach.  Pretty sure Vance's job was Ass't DB coach.

No carrier is the asst. technically he is the safeties coach I think.... But VJ ran the whole group. As I am sure Coyle will as well. I don't think carrier was a very good technique teacher. He is easily our weakest coach
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 03:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No carrier is the asst.    technically he is the safeties coach I think.... But VJ ran the whole group.   As I am sure Coyle will as well.   I don't think carrier was a very good technique teacher.    He is easily our weakest coach

Based on what evidence? He's basically our safeties coach and both our starters have had back to back great years, while our top back-up filled in multiple times and the defense never missed a beat.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:58 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Based on what evidence? He's basically our safeties coach and both our starters have had back to back great years, while our top back-up filled in multiple times and the defense never missed a beat.

She's just making shit up as she goes along.

Reply/Quote
Since Coyle is coming back, how about Marvin get on the phone with his old buddy Jim Schwartz about that vacant LB coach now?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Was Coyle literally not the complete trainwreck piece that got Joe Philbin canned?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:31 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Was Coyle literally not the complete trainwreck piece that got Joe Philbin canned?

No?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Since Coyle is coming back, how about Marvin get on the phone with his old buddy Jim Schwartz about that vacant LB coach now?

[Image: T0353-Keep-Calm-and-Use-The-Schwartz.png?v=1441905287]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:31 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Was Coyle literally not the complete trainwreck piece that got Joe Philbin canned?

No, Philbin lost the locker room and it trickled down.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Joe Philbin was the train wreck that got Joe Philbin canned.

Reply/Quote
I thought I heard something on a Podcast earlier this year that literally Coyle was impossible to play for. That the disgruntled locker room started with that issue and boiled over to the whole team, eventually leaving to Philbin being canned.
Reply/Quote
It was basically...regardless of whether Philbin is gone, if Coyle stays, it's like nothing changed. Coyle was the problem with the whole team defense. They hated his scheme and the plays he called.
Reply/Quote
https://phinphanatic.com/2015/10/05/some-dolphins-defensive-players-want-coyle-gone/
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:44 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: https://phinphanatic.com/2015/10/05/some-dolphins-defensive-players-want-coyle-gone/

Seems like some shaky evidence tbh. "Some of the players" for Miami may have just been looking for a convenient excuse. Their defense still doesn't seem very good even after signing Nstompakong. Maybe some of the players just aren't very good? Last year their defense was ranked 27th in points allowed and 26th in yards. In a defense that features Cameron Wake and Nstompakong Suh the best they could do is 27th!?!? I'm thinking that some of their guys just play like hot garbage.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:58 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Based on what evidence? He's basically our safeties coach and both our starters have had back to back great years, while our top back-up filled in multiple times and the defense never missed a beat.

Every time you hear VJ talk he talks about his Secondary. Illoka mentions how much VJ works with them.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Since Coyle is coming back, how about Marvin get on the phone with his old buddy Jim Schwartz about that vacant LB coach now?

Just saw where he is waiting to see what happens in Tennessee before he does anything. I think because Marrone may be a candidate.
Reply/Quote