Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Coyle will not be returning as DB Coach
(01-10-2018, 03:00 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: Hahahah.  You couldn’t pick up on the obvious sarcasm.   You’re not a thinker are you?

Artrell Hawkins as DB coach would be a hilariously miserable decision.

Clearly, it was not obvious. You're personal attacks, on the other hand, clear sign of some deep seated mental issues.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Coyle is a great coach.   Very technical sound and doesn’t mind chewing his guys tails off.

Sure he is! Just ask the 2012-2015 30th ranked Miami Dolphins defense. That very same defense also happened to be ranked last in the league in sacks. Come on man! If you're really from South Florida, you already know this.

Look, Coyle is an ok secondary coach. He's alright. That's it. Just alright. He failed miserably as a DC. Many of us have followed him for a decade now. We have a very large sampling of his work to gleen information from. It was time for a change.

That said, best of luck to him.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Hard to pick up on your sarcasm, when all your post have you coming across as a d-bag...

Lol i was going to post something similar..
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 08:16 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Sure he is! Just ask the 2012-2015 30th ranked Miami Dolphins defense. That very same defense also happened to be ranked last in the league in sacks. Come on man! If you're really from South Florida, you already know this.

Look, Coyle is an ok secondary coach. He's alright. That's it. Just alright. He failed miserably as a DC. Many of us have followed him for a decade now. We have a very large sampling of his work to gleen information from. It was time for a change.

That said, best of luck to him.  

The failings in Miami were directly at the feet of Philbin.

Coyle had success until Miami turned into a dumpster fire thanks to
Inmates running asylum. Players wanting to control scheme. Never recovered from Bullygate years prior. Philbin was a tone deaf HC and the GM structure with Hickey/Ireland/Aponte led to lots of backstabbing.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Defense or Safety position was the problem. They weren't great, but I say good enough. They Bengals offense was dead last in Time of possession per game this past season, tied for dead last in 1st downs per game (with Bears and Colts). I think the biggest reason for this was we stunk so bad on 3rd down. Either bad play calling or Andy or both. We were terrible against any blitz. Knowing we had a bad O-line, shouldn't someone be prepared for that? A terrible offense makes a good defense not look so good because they have to defend more and longer. Oh yea we were 29th in 3rd down percentage.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:00 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: Hahahah.  You couldn’t pick up on the obvious sarcasm.   You’re not a thinker are you?

Artrell Hawkins as DB coach would be a hilariously miserable decision.

After reading some of your posts, I'm not sure that's the pond you want to fish in friend.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:36 AM)Erudite Stoner Wrote: After reading some of your posts, I'm not sure that's the pond you want to fish in friend.  Nervous

ThumbsUp
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:36 AM)Erudite Stoner Wrote: After reading some of your posts, I'm not sure that's the pond you want to fish in friend.  Nervous

That comment is probably going to go right over his head.  Hilarious

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote