Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Coyle will not be returning as DB Coach
Add another vacancy to the list

A source told Sporting News that Kevin Coyle will not be returning as secondary coach. Coyle was rehired in 2016 after serving three-plus seasons as the Dolphins' defensive coordinator.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
Good Mellow
Reply/Quote
2nd best news of the offseason
Reply/Quote
I thought he did good grooming Dennard and WJIII, this after the work he did with Dre (2016 year), Hall, J.Joe, Nelson, Iloka, Jones, Tory, Deltha.... Not sure why everyone turned on him. Our corners have always developed great under his tutelage.

It's a new day for the Defense though and it looks like Austin will get to pick some of his staff. Too bad he wasn't able to replace Haslett.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:00 AM)jj22 Wrote: I thought he did good grooming Dennard and WJIII, this after the work he did with Dre (2016 year), Hall, J.Joe, Nelson, Iloka, Jones, Tory, Deltha.... Not sure why everyone turned on him. Our corners have always developed great under his tutelage.

It's a news day for the Defense though and it looks like Austin will get to pick some of his staff. Too bad he wasn't able to replace Haslett.

Jacob Burmey stayed as well
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:00 AM)jj22 Wrote: I thought he did good grooming Dennard and WJIII, this after the work he did with Dre (2016 year), Hall, J.Joe, Nelson, Iloka, Jones, Tory, Deltha.... Not sure why everyone turned on him. Our corners have always developed great under his tutelage.

It's a new day for the Defense though and it looks like Austin will get to pick some of his staff. Too bad he wasn't able to replace Haslett.

Ditto - I thought he did a pretty good job too.  Additionally I've met Kevin a couple of times when my 13 year old daughter was with me.  He was a gentleman and stayed to talk as long as we wanted while the players snubbed us (remembering justin smith specifically) and wouldn't sign any autographs for my kid.  I wish him the best of luck and thank him for being considerate to young fans.
Reply/Quote
I was happy when I read this. I've never really liked Coyle's philosophy/scheme when it came to DBs. Specifically, I think turnovers need to be a higher priority for the DBs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Austin seems to be a DB coaching guru. Him getting his pick of DB coach seems like a good call to me.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, the more coaches that we can replace with ones that haven't been Bungalized yet, the better, regardless of the coach.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I was happy when I read this. I've never really liked Coyle's philosophy/scheme when it came to DBs. Specifically, I think turnovers need to be a higher priority for the DBs.

^ This!!! 
Reply/Quote
Glad Coyle is gone. Now if we could cut the dead weight of Merv & Haslett, that would be great.
Reply/Quote
The turnover issue was more Guenther scheme. Coyles CB's/S have always intercepted balls. He's had one lead the league in INT's while he was an assistant here. Hall, J.Joe, Nelson, Jones, Deltha and Tory all could get their hands on the ball under his tutelage.

Not slamming the move because it's a "new" beginning. Just curious as to why fans are suddenly forgetting all this? Our issue with the D was mainly not stopping the run which is on the LB's (who's coach got retained). Was our pass D really that bad?

People want that 05 defense because of it's turnovers...... Then you want Coyle as DB coach and just don't know it. Or have forgotten. You certainly don't want Chuck back. Unless you've forgotten that too.

Reply/Quote
Good. Maybe Kirkpatrick can be salvaged yet.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:43 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Good.  Maybe Kirkpatrick can be salvaged yet.

Coyle salvaged him once. That's why he got that big extension after his breakout 2016 season. But I guess all that's forgotten.

Reply/Quote
I do tend to forget things.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
What the hell..someone has to do the Barbara Streisand imitation..

Memories,

Like the corners of my mind

Misty water-colored memories

Of the way we were

Scattered pictures,

Of the smiles we left behind

Smiles we gave to one another

For the way we were

Can it be that it was all so simple then?

Or has time re-written every line?

If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? Could we?

Yeah, I really should be slapped for that.. I've almost forgotten what that feels like..See what old age does to you? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:28 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Austin seems to be a DB coaching guru. Him getting his pick of DB coach seems like a good call to me.

This is where I’m at with this as well.

I know we didn’t get Marvin out of the door like most wanted, but I’m really liking the turnover elsewhere. At least we are seeing a little change. Time will tell what all of this brings.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:29 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: This is where I’m at with this as well.

I know we didn’t get Marvin out of the door like most wanted, but I’m really liking the turnover elsewhere. At least we are seeing a little change. Time will tell what all of this brings.

I like the turnover or changes that are being made. I am reserving my excitement till I see Merv change! His whole game strategy has to change and if doesn't, then all these new hires will be moot.
Reply/Quote
Hire Ken Riley and David Fulcher! Or, for a modern twist, hire Deltha O’Neal and Tory James.

Ifaneyi Ohalete? Just say no....
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:43 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Good.  Maybe Kirkpatrick can be salvaged yet.

He's been paid. There's no hope for him.

Reply/Quote