Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Durant takes a shot at Steve Kerr
Kerr responded to the latest loss (a blowout at Indiana) by saying that his team lacked effort.

When asked about coach's comments, Durant responded saying:

Quote:"Nah, I thought we cared tonight," he said. "We cared. Over the last few games, we cared. … They came out with a better strategy, being more aggressive than us … I think we care. I think everybody in this locker room cares about playing ball. I disagree with that, but I understand what he's doing."

The bolded seems like Durant lobbing some criticism back at Steve Kerr. The funny thing is, he followed by saying they weren't aggressive enough, which is an effort problem. IMO, Durant is turning into a cancerous personality that could potentially be the demise of this Warriors mini-dynasty. In the bigger picture, this is one of the things I hate about the current NBA. Some of these players have little to no respect for coaches, ownership or team cohesiveness.

What made teams like the Warriors and Spurs win multiple titles was playing as a cohesive unit. They were great teams. Guys like Durant and Kawhi seem to be killing that. Thoughts?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote