Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Huber
A shoutout to Huber who will break the record for most games by Ken Riley.

A few tidbits about Huber:

Never 'technically' had a kick blocked.  I think one was partially blocked and it traveled past the LOS for a yard or two.

He's a local.  From Cincinnati.  Went to UC.

Never had a bad hold on a FG attempt.  That's hard to do given as many as he's held and in all weather conditions.

His stats:

https://www.nfl.com/players/kevin-huber/stats/

His first three years were not all that good, but since then he's been consistent.  

There is only one punter in the Hall of Fame.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Ring of Honor someday, heck yes. Hall of Fame, no way.

Love Huber and will never forget the cheap shot a steeler took at him, breaking his neck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ring of Honor someday, heck yes.  Hall of Fame, no way.

Love Huber and will never forget the cheap shot a steeler took at him, breaking his neck.

Thought it broke his jaw,  but either way such a cheap shot and why I don't want McPhearson chasing down returners

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Kevin Huber is good people. I hope when he comes out to hold for that opening drive TD extra point they pause the acknowledge him. I would love to see Kevin and Clark be the game day captains tomorrow

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Top 10 all time in playoff punting yards.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 11:00 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Thought it broke his jaw,  but either way such a cheap shot and why I don't want McPhearson chasing down returners

He actually had both, I believe, and he was lucky he wasn't paralyzed.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ring of Honor someday, heck yes.  Hall of Fame, no way.

Yup, this sums up his career.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 11:00 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Thought it broke his jaw,  but either way such a cheap shot and why I don't want McPhearson chasing down returners

Yeah broken jaw. Steelers also broke Keith Rivers jaw too. They’re good at cheap shots to the jaw
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 01:32 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yeah broken jaw. Steelers also broke Keith Rivers jaw too. They’re good at cheap shots to the jaw

Yep and those particular hits were the Hines Ward specials by thrusting the crown of their helmet upward  under the face mask. 

Such a punk player and team that I could never respect. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
They should have a special game-day Uber service for Bengal fans going to PBS. Call it "WhoDeyUber". Or "Whuber" for short.

Can you tell I am a dad?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 11:00 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Thought it broke his jaw,  but either way such a cheap shot and why I don't want McPhearson chasing down returners

Big cheap shot with the crown of the helmet that went under Huber’s face mask, directly into his face

I remember media talking heads saying it was a clean hit. Nobody said anything differently
Reply/Quote
Huber is all class. Very proud he's homegrown and is definitely one of this franchise's all-time greats.
Reply/Quote

In about 20 or 30 years...maybe.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Strangely I don't think he's ever attempted a pass. What kind of arm does he have???
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 03:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Big cheap shot with the crown of the helmet that went under Huber’s face mask, directly into his face

I remember media talking heads saying it was a clean hit. Nobody said anything differently

I know the media was ridiculous after that hit. Saying it was a solid block. I mean come on he's a punter not even looking in the guys direction. Two hands to the chest would've been sufficient to make the block. 

I also think it was Pat McAfee that was saying Huber was giving punters a bad name by whining about it. When Huber didn't say anything about the block other than he hit a bad punt and went into an area that put himself in play. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 01:32 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yeah broken jaw. Steelers also broke Keith Rivers jaw too. They’re good at cheap shots to the jaw

And Ben, you know who, had the gall to whine on his podcast this week, that he was afraid to play the Bengals because of their dirty play. Yeah right

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote