Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kevin Huber is WASHED
Lost in all of the hooplah this season is Kevin Hubers performance.

He has been BAD this year. This was even more evident last night when he was unable to flip the field and averaged 38 yards per punt.

So far this year he's only averaging 44 yards per punt which is 5th last in the NFL. At this point, is there any reason that we shouldn't bring up Christman from the practice squad?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I thought Christman won the job in PS. But we went with the known
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How bad can Christman be at holding for Shooter? Huber is killing us with his punts - this is on Coach Simmons.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:45 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Lost in all of the hooplah this season is Kevin Hubers performance.

He has been BAD this year. This was even more evident last night when he was unable to flip the field and averaged 38 yards per punt.

So far this year he's only averaging 44 yards per punt which is 5th last in the NFL. At this point, is there any reason that we shouldn't bring up Christman from the practice squad?

After first three games, he was in top 10 on average, look back at Miami game, he has 4 punts, 3 inside the 20 that is going to crush your net.  So 5 games played with one subpar game but no blocks and solid holder... we have way more problems than Huber.. where should be start on offense.. hmmm  QB, WR, RB and RT.. 
Reply/Quote
He was brutal last night.

Reply/Quote
Bengals brass apparently thinks punters are eligible for tenure and therefore untouchable after 20 years.

Huber had a great career here, but he’s a liability now.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
He had a bad game last night for sure, but he has been OK in the other games this year. It wouldn't be such a big deal if our offense wasn't so stagnant
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
I was hoping they would go with Chrisman back in camp. He's still on practice squad.
Reply/Quote
I can only speculate the organization is loyal to Huber for having longevity with the team. As long as Huber wants to play, perhaps they'll keep him? It would be interesting to know what the talent evaluators saw that made them more comfortable sticking with Huber than rolling with the youngster.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:45 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Lost in all of the hooplah this season is Kevin Hubers performance.

That stat of yards per punt is worthless and useless. If he's punting from mid field, he's not going to have big booming yards when the goal is to drop it inside the 10
Reply/Quote
Kicker related: What was up with Maybe Mac's kickoff that went about 75 yards sideways

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Kicker related: What was up with Maybe Mac's kickoff that went about 75 yards sideways

And within a inch or two of a missed extra point.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:43 AM)Nepa Wrote: And within a inch or two of a missed extra point.

I think the place kicks are just getting used to the new long snapper. Many appear high. But there's nothing but a tee involved in the KO. Perhaps Maybe Mac felt inadequate in the game with Tucker

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:53 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: After first three games, he was in top 10 on average, look back at Miami game, he has 4 punts, 3 inside the 20 that is going to crush your net.  So 5 games played with one subpar game but no blocks and solid holder... we have way more problems than Huber.. where should be start on offense.. hmmm  QB, WR, RB and RT.. 

Do you argue just to argue?

What a dumb take. Do you have any idea how easy it is to replace the punter, when you have one on the PS already? It's not like they have to take care of "other important things first". 

Omg...sit down, man. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He's complete garbage. Another wonderful Zac Decision...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:54 AM)Tony Wrote: He's complete garbage. Another wonderful Zac Decision...

Huber definitely had a bad game. I was in favor of keeping him just to keep the FG unit intact, but with the change of the LS and with McPherson missing one easy FG (Pittsburgh game) and nearly an extra-point last night (by a few inches), then we might as well get our punter and holder on the team now, before someone else gets Crisman and the Bengals have to start over.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Felt it was time for a change but only if it was clear cut in preseason.

Felt Huber was slightly beaten out but with his experience it made it a coin flip imo.

Could be wrong but sticking with my opinion at the time that Zac went to McPhearson and asked who felt more comfortable with as his holder as the tiebreaker.

Have no inside info, just believe Zac values the opinions of his players (which is great) more than he should actually and why he did not go after a good back up QB. Think it is smart asking the players for their input and weighing that into the decision but ultimately it should always be the parents decision over the children's.

Feel Browning, Pryor, and Crisman fell victim to this philosophy and the first two had zero chance of making the 53.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:27 AM)Garrus Wrote: He had a bad game last night for sure, but he has been OK in the other games this year.  It wouldn't be such a big deal if our offense wasn't so stagnant

Yeah his leg is probably getting tired from all the punts!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: Huber definitely had a bad game. I was in favor of keeping him just to keep the FG unit intact, but with the change of the LS and with McPherson missing one easy FG (Pittsburgh game) and nearly an extra-point last night (by a few inches), then we might as well get our punter and holder on the team now, before someone else gets Crisman and the Bengals have to start over.

Agree with you except I was in favor of letting the new guy take over. He did well enough in preseason on holds that I saw no reason to keep Huber over the younger, stronger leg.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote