Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kevin Huber is WASHED
(10-10-2022, 10:53 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: After first three games, he was in top 10 on average, look back at Miami game, he has 4 punts, 3 inside the 20 that is going to crush your net.  So 5 games played with one subpar game but no blocks and solid holder... we have way more problems than Huber.. where should be start on offense.. hmmm  QB, WR, RB and RT.. 

yea, he has a weenie leg now, bring on Drew!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was brutal last night.

I agree with this, and it was an underrated factor in the loss.  

Huber had several opportunities to "flip the field" to help out our defense, and failed miserably.  I remember a 28 yard punt to set up Baltimore at the 40, as one example.  I recall another severely poor punt that set them up as well, although I can't quote the details.  

Huber has got to be better, especially with our early game struggles.  All three losses, we got down two scores EARLY.  Losing the punting battle, and giving the Baltimore offense short fields early in the game, didn't help.....
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:45 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Lost in all of the hooplah this season is Kevin Hubers performance.

He has been BAD this year. This was even more evident last night when he was unable to flip the field and averaged 38 yards per punt.

So far this year he's only averaging 44 yards per punt which is 5th last in the NFL. At this point, is there any reason that we shouldn't bring up Christman from the practice squad?

Nice call Weezy, think it is time myself. This is what I was afraid of when we kept Huber over Chrisman, Huber falling
off in season and costing us. Just happy no one plucked Chrisman off the PS. You had a great career here Huber. No 
shame in turning in your cleats after a long NFL career.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote:   That stat of yards per punt is worthless and useless. If he's punting from mid field, he's not going to have big booming yards when the goal is to drop it inside the 10

True story. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote:   That stat of yards per punt is worthless and useless. If he's punting from mid field, he's not going to have big booming yards when the goal is to drop it inside the 10

He's also in a 7-way tie for 17th in punts inside the 20. 3 of the 6 guys tied with him have less punts as a whole, putting Huber in a 4-way tie for 20th.

So safe to say that he's not dropping it inside the 20, let alone the 10.

Last week:
28 yard punt (out of bounds at Baltimore 30)
51 yard punt (7 yard return to Baltimore 32)
34 yard punt (to the 50 yard line)
41 yard punt (fair caught at Baltimore 29)

38.5 yard gross average, 36.75 yard net average, 0 inside the 20

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
You hate to think that outside factors were a reason to keep Huber. But Huber did join Zac last year handing out game balls at the bars. Probably didn't hurt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Another awful performance from Huber last night.

The Bengals could literally make an EASY move right this moment to improve the team by bringing up Christman and replacing Huber.

Huber being too important to the field goal/holding game at this point is a moot point - McPherson isn't making kicks anyway.

Why the Bengals don't do this is beyond me. Huber is killing them with field position.

PFF has Huber ranked 32/32 for punters. It literally can't get any worse.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 06:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's also in a 7-way tie for 17th in punts inside the 20. 3 of the 6 guys tied with him have less punts as a whole, putting Huber in a 4-way tie for 20th.

So safe to say that he's not dropping it inside the 20, let alone the 10.

Last week:
28 yard punt (out of bounds at Baltimore 30)
51 yard punt (7 yard return to Baltimore 32)
34 yard punt (to the 50 yard line)
41 yard punt (fair caught at Baltimore 29)

38.5 yard gross average, 36.75 yard net average, 0 inside the 20

This was posted on 10-13, but last night's (10-31) stats were very similar. Except he had a 23-yard punt. But average about the same (36.8). He had one punt inside the 20, but he was punting from the Cleveland 46 yard line (!) and should have been able to place it inside the 10 instead of at the 13 yard line.
Reply/Quote
*Just look at the flowers, Kevin*
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *Just look at the flowers, Kevin*

I had to look up "just look at the flowers," and then I remembered that episode of The Walking Dead. Good use of the quote, Nicomo.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *Just look at the flowers, Kevin*

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote