Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Huber officially retires
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Best wishes to him, and grateful for his time in Cincy!
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Is he a ROH candidate in the future?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Props to him for a good Bengals career.
Reply/Quote
Huber's accolades:

Career leader in punt yards (45766)
Career leader in number of punts (1011)
2nd in Yard Per Punt (45.3, only Chrisman has higher -47.8)
2nd in Net Yards Per Punt (40.2, only Chrisman has higher - 42.6)
Tied Longest Punt - 75 yards

I wonder if one day he might be worthy of getting into the RoH
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Definitely one of the best. Congratulations on a good career playing for your hometown team Kev!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Can’t have a better life experience than playing for your hometown team
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Thanks for your time here and good luck with whatever is next.
Reply/Quote
Wish he would have stuck around at like one more year to win a ring.

I understand that football does damage to the body, but how much are kickers worn down?

I get that I don’t understand the amount of training and everything for a kicker, but it’s not the same as position players that are constantly running and constantly getting hit.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 04:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Wish he would have stuck around at like one more year to win a ring.

I understand that football does damage to the body, but how much are kickers worn down?

I get that I don’t understand the amount of training and everything for a kicker, but it’s not the same as position players that are constantly running and constantly getting hit.

Yeah, it’s probably more subtle. Huber took some shots but they were relatively rare. He probably has a lot of wear on his leg and hips that caused his punting efficiency to drop. Couldn’t generate the same amount of power or hit the ball as consistently anymore.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 04:19 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, it’s probably more subtle. Huber took some shots but they were relatively rare. He probably has a lot of wear on his leg and hips that caused his punting efficiency to drop. Couldn’t generate the same amount of power or hit the ball as consistently anymore.

True.

Could be a personal pride thing.

Doesn’t want to put the team in a weird position and/or risk struggling this season and looking like a bum, especially since he’ll probably stay in the area.
Reply/Quote
All time Bengals appearance maker
Local lad playing for his team which is rare in the NFL with no academy system.

More than deserves a place in the ROH, went downhill towards the end but you have to wonder if he would have drilled a punt straight to Chiefs returner in AFCCG.

Enjoy retirement big Kev
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Huber's accolades:

Career leader in punt yards (45766)
Career leader in number of punts (1011)
2nd in Yard Per Punt (45.3, only Chrisman has higher -47.8)
2nd in Net Yards Per Punt (40.2, only Chrisman has higher - 42.6)
Tied Longest Punt - 75 yards

I wonder if one day he might be worthy of getting into the RoH

No reason to not be in. It's not AS IF he was some fly by night, flash in the pan fringe player.. I'd vote for him. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 04:19 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, it’s probably more subtle. Huber took some shots but they were relatively rare. He probably has a lot of wear on his leg and hips that caused his punting efficiency to drop. Couldn’t generate the same amount of power or hit the ball as consistently anymore.

He did take a Hines Ward Special hit, you know the crown of the helmet to up under his facemask from the steelers Terrence Garvin that broke his jaw. 

Those cheap shot b@$+@!#s 

Yet agree that the mileage on his leg coupled with his age was the reason for his decline. Have a good pic of him, Harris, and Nugent taken from my seat.  

Good dude and a really good punter.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Best Punter we ever had and it will be a tall order for another one to ever top what Kevin Huber did...

Especially when we hardly ever Punt because our Offense is so damn good. Cool

Like Housh said, to play for your favorite team and become the best ever at your position is pretty damn sweet.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 04:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Wish he would have stuck around at like one more year to win a ring.

I would guess since kickers don’t have to actually work out like other players ANY hit they take does 10x more damage than say a Myles Garrett taking that same hit. A kicker is basically just a regular person with really strong legs.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

DO you have any idea how many times these guys kick footballs through their careers? Huber was taking injections in his hip the year before last just to be able to kick on game day. 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 10:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Best of luck to an awesome player. We will miss you, Kevin!.

Who Dey for life.
[Image: 200w.webp]

"Be successful in proportion to the caliber of people you are".   Cool

-Paul Brown.
Reply/Quote
Best of luck to Huber with his future and thanks for all the years as the Bengals punter.   Here is a video of him in a game against Washington with a heck of a cool behind the back move he made to try to salvage the play.   Unfortunately it didn't work out in the end. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote