Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Minter visiting
Let's see....he's young, a proven starter at a need position and would bring something we haven't had in years (a MLB with speed). Most teams this is a slam dunk signing....the Bengals?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's see....he's young, a proven starter at a need position and would bring something we haven't had in years (a MLB with speed). Most teams this is a slam dunk signing....the Bengals?

The Bengals have to look and make sure this won't cost a precious comp pick, then insult him with a low ball offer, watch him leave town and sign elsewhere while telling the fans..."Hey we tried, but we only had $1 million left in cap space."

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Guarantee he doesn't sign with us. If anything, he'll sign with Indy before tomorrow is over
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 10:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The Bengals have to look and make sure this won't cost a precious comp pick, then insult him with a low ball offer, watch him leave town and sign elsewhere while telling the fans..."Hey we tried, but we only had $1 million left in cap space."

Hobspin said we only had 2-3Mil left last week. We just signed Andre Smith for 4.5. 

Hobspins next article: Bengals blow cap out of the water, Bengals owe the league money, Bengals considering cutting all starters to pay back league.
Reply/Quote
Glad guys are visiting, but is there any reason we havent looked at linebacker Zach Brown the former titan and bill last yr. The guy could most likely start here next year and can cover.
Reply/Quote
Kevin Minter would be an instant upgrade over Rey Maualuga and an answer for opposing tight ends on shallow crossing routes. I don't think Mike Brown can afford him though.
Reply/Quote
Kevin Minter is an above average run defender but gets too focused on run committing sometimes which leads to his "miss tackles", he's an average at worst coverage player and was a decent linebacker for the Cardinals defense.

He'd be an upgrade over everyone of our LBs except Burfict and I could see a great duo in them.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
He looked kind of smallish for a linebacker, and I don't like how he talked. But I don't like v Rey, and I think he'd be better then v Rey. Or Rey maualuga.if they can get him that would be a plus.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 05:44 PM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, Minter, Burfict, and Vigil would be pretty interesting to watch. Robinson would be great to put out there with Vigil and Burfict on passing downs. 

I wanted Minter in the draft so this would be a welcome addition for sure. Add the guys you mentioned and then try to sign Barwin and that instantly propels our defense forward not too mention getting Billings, Hardison, and WJ3 back from injuries. I still want to see them draft a stud pass rusher, but it would give us more flexibility to add to the offensive line as well as add some needed depth at LB and Dline
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 05:45 PM)McC Wrote: These are guys who can still play.  Wonder how many we can sign.

NONE. Ninja LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It would be nice if the front office saw the outrage from the fans and players and actually cared. They realize people are not dumb and know they have plenty of cap space to sign some outside free agents and we are sick of watching talent leave and not replacing it at all for future comp. picks that rarely pan out and rollover money that doesn't make it's way into the next years free agents. Minter would be an upgrade at MLB so sign him. Barwin would be an upgrade as a rotational DE so sign him. These guys were interested enough to come here for a visit so just stop being cheap and do something that would improve the team. The line is still in trouble but there isn't much they can do for that except hoping the young guys on the squad step up along with some 2nd to 4th round picks that could help. I would love to add Minter but he is too young and talented to think it is a realistic option for this cheap a$$ organization.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
This is actually one of those signings that I could see happening. They could cut Rey Maualuga and shift those funds to Minter same day.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: This is actually one of those signings that I could see happening.  They could cut Rey Maualuga and shift those funds to Minter same day.

That's what really NEEDS to happen, but will it?

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's what really NEEDS to happen, but will it?

The one thing I can say is that the Bengals are bringing a lot more visits than normal this year and with Dansby gone and Rey Mal not starting much of last year than I could see this happening.  The Bengals often keep players around way to long because they are proven and reliable, but once they are paying starting money for a guy to sit on the bench than the likelihood of being cut is much higher.  They also won't have any dead money on this.

So yes I do believe that this could happen.

Reply/Quote
He'll come and go. Again, part of the Brown approach. "I flew them in coach, took them to Wendy's, and then made them pay their own taxi back to the airport. We kicked some tires though." That's what this feels like yet again. Bring a couple of people in, sign a former player, call it a day.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:16 PM)Okeana Wrote: The one thing I can say is that the Bengals are bringing a lot more visits than normal this year and with Dansby gone and Rey Mal not starting much of last year than I could see this happening.  The Bengals often keep players around way to long because they are proven and reliable, but once they are paying starting money for a guy to sit on the bench than the likelihood of being cut is much higher.  They also won't have any dead money on this.

So yes I do believe that this could happen.

I sure hope it does. We haven't had good coverage from the LB corps in a very long time.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:23 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: He'll come and go. Again, part of the Brown approach. "I flew them in coach, took them to Wendy's, and then made them pay their own taxi back to the airport. We kicked some tires though." That's what this feels like yet again. Bring a couple of people in, sign a former player, call it a day.

It sure reeks of that.....maybe in 5-6 years, we can sign him on his way back through. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:23 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: He'll come and go. Again, part of the Brown approach. "I flew them in coach, took them to Wendy's, and then made them pay their own taxi back to the airport. We kicked some tires though." That's what this feels like yet again. Bring a couple of people in, sign a former player, call it a day.

bengalsboard tagline copy paste # 1,232,466  

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: bengalsboard tagline copy paste # 1,232,466  

I wish it were different, but since Mike Brown took over the reigns it's the exact same shit just different years.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 05:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, always liked Minter in college.

That was a good Defense in Zona.

Keenan Robinson and Minter would be welcome additions to our LB core.

Rep. That would make this defense very formidable. They must of watched the PATS/Dirty-birds game? Gotta have LBs that can cover to beat these short, pass happy teams. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote