Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could tonights game be....
(08-30-2019, 12:13 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: To me this has been a stinkin lousy pre-season and I am not happy and not seeing what I expected,I am starting to see some things about Zac Taylor that concerns me,one is his mannerisms on the sideline.I see some Dave Shula in this guy and remember we lost both home games and to me was overwhelmed by the oppenents.I see bad O-lines even with the starters and on defense,I see the same stupid problems when lewis was here and that is not being able to defend middle and I see that is going to be a huge problem as teams will just kill us. I hate how this pre-season turned out as it has now given me a negative feeling about this season.I see our team only winning about 5 games and if that happens the players will bale on this coaching staff.I think right up front the defensive coach should be on notice and as well as the O-line coach,Turner.Our o-line is going to have a tuff time of it.There is no way our bengals will win in Hawk land, that will be a blowout and honestly all these teams we face this year is going to be extremely hard to beat.Now our wonderful new head coach does not impress me.I think he is in over his head and I will be the first to say I was wrong,but unless this staff shows me different,I am not happy with what I see.I want wins and to me we were outcoached and outplayed.Our second string and third string could not beat my high school team and we were state champions in 1964 and I was a middle linebacker way back then and our defensive coach was a former D-lineman for the  lions and he was the man.Great memories of that year.I was a senior and we had a real tough team.I will be surprised if this season our Bengals win 6 games or less.

So hard to read this stuff... in more ways than one. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 04:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't know how much of a difference this 4th preseason game makes. You would think you have a pretty good idea at this point of who you want on the roster. I really wish they would turn this into Regular Season Week 1 and expand the season to 17 games.

I'd consider moving this game to after rookie camp and making it only available to Practice Squad eligible players. You might need to tweak certain things (reduce the game length? change roster numbers?) but there's value in improving the pathway from College to the NFL. Consider it a developmental match and how it could help young offensive linesmen.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 06:36 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Drop the fourth preseason game, move the start of the season up a week, and add a second bye week to the season. Sixteen games is perfect IMO.

Will never happen, but it should. 

Speaking of bye weeks, I'd love for all the teams to be on the same bye week halfway through the season. I think anyone who plays fantasy football would like that haha.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think anything he could do tonight would get him a spot on another team's 53 man roster.

Sad but true.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 04:41 PM)corpjet Wrote: any more of a snoozer or lack of anticipation.  I know its pre season game #4 which always are hard to watch but we have very few roster battles to be won and who wants to watch the 4th stringers who will be working a blue collar job next week?

I hope for an injury free game and onto Seattle.

The biggest thing to watch is who will carry Zac's clipboard and what color sneakers will Andy Dalton have on.

they had 40 guys not dress for the game 40 that's nuts lol.... Zach making sure we don't lose any pieces in PS game 4.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 06:36 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Drop the fourth preseason game, move the start of the season up a week, and add a second bye week to the season. Sixteen games is perfect IMO.

Will never happen, but it should. 

all the guys that played last night disagree some of them it was their only chance to put some tape out there.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 04:41 PM)corpjet Wrote: any more of a snoozer or lack of anticipation.  I know its pre season game #4 which always are hard to watch but we have very few roster battles to be won and who wants to watch the 4th stringers who will be working a blue collar job next week?

I hope for an injury free game and onto Seattle.

The biggest thing to watch is who will carry Zac's clipboard and what color sneakers will Andy Dalton have on.

The announcers mentioned this in what little I watched it.  The NFL IS going to eliminate some preseason games.  Really, they have to.  All these stadiums are empty.  The TV is reduced to low budget commercials by a New Carlisle Ohio auto repair shop that is a small rural hole in the wall and I know they don't have big money for commercials. The NFL is losing money on these preseason snoozers. 

The announcers said NFL may cut back from 4 to just 2 and add more regular season or add play-offs.  

The Players Union thinks season long enough.  Look for NFL to dump preseason game 4 ASAP, start season a week earlier, add a play-off round where week 17 is in January now.  Some 10 win teams get left out, so it would work.  All this would make money instead of preseason game that loses money, and Money Is A Factor.  The NFL is Big Business. 

This Will Happen.  Preseason Game 4 will be no more. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote