Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key Dates For Bengals In Near Future.
Forget the Mock Drafts, that is indeed Fake News because nobody is really being drafted by the media. Right now Bengals coaches at NFL Combine, which is huge. March 13th is start of Free Agency and Trading, also huge. April 1st, teams with new head coaches such as Bengals can start player workouts as opposed to all other teams who have to wait until April 15th. This gives Bengals 2 extra weeks and they should use them so coaches get a look at who they got on this team. That leads to April 25th weekend of The Draft. So much has changed in coaches, much is happening at Combine, with many changes in players and early workouts to come. GO BENGALS.

March 13th coming very fast. I look for many Bengals Free Agents to be shown the door as Bengals clean house after last 3 losing seasons. I look for these new coaches to have a different mind set on free agents and trades, their player wish list different from Coach Lewis. Same with The Draft farther down the road. Again, GO BENGALS.

I think Bengals Fans who think they know who is coming and going may be in for some surprises. This is no longer Coach Lewis. I think Fans will be shocked, surprised, amazed in the players kept, let go and brought in. It will not be dull. It's about ready to get very action packed in player moves as these coaches look for players who fit THEIR scheme, THEIR style. Again, GO BENGALS.

To some crying already about the changes, do not kid yourself that this was a Super Bowl team. This was a team in or around Last Place the last 3 seasons. If ever there was a team that needed a major rebuilding job, it is The Bengals. The rebuilding has started in coaches to now include players. Again, GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:40 AM)kevin Wrote: Forget the Mock Drafts, that is indeed Fake News because nobody is really being drafted by the media.  Right now Bengals coaches at NFL Combine, which is huge.  March 13th is start of Free Agency and Trading, also huge.  April 1st, teams with new head coaches such as Bengals can start player workouts as opposed to all other teams who have to wait until April 15th. This gives Bengals 2 extra weeks and they should use them so coaches get a look at who they got on this team.  That leads to April 25th weekend of The Draft.  So much has changed in coaches, much is happening at Combine, with many changes in players and early workouts to come.  GO BENGALS.

March 13th coming very fast.  I look for many Bengals Free Agents to be shown the door as Bengals clean house after last 3 losing seasons. I look for these new coaches to have a different mind set on free agents and trades, their player wish list different from Coach Lewis.  Same with The Draft farther down the road. Again, GO BENGALS.

I think Bengals Fans who think they know who is coming and going may be in for some surprises.  This is no longer Coach Lewis.  I think Fans will be shocked, surprised, amazed in the players kept, let go and brought in.  It will not be dull.  It's about ready to get very action packed in player moves as these coaches look for players who fit THEIR scheme, THEIR style.   Again, GO BENGALS.

To some crying already about the changes, do not kid yourself that this was a Super Bowl team.   This was a team in or around Last Place the last 3 seasons.  If ever there was a team that needed a major rebuilding job, it is The Bengals.  The rebuilding has started in coaches to now include players.  Again, GO BENGALS.

I believe we are going to see some guys we expected back to be gone and possible some guys who are under contract to also find their way to another team.

As a fan I always typically wonder who will replace player X who is leaving. The Bengals have sometimes done well in replacing leaving players and other times they whiff and miss and it seems to take years to find that guy who was as good as the guy who left a few years earlier.

Just watched a live interview with Zac Taylor of Good Morning Football and he talked about building a foundation and holding everyone to a standard and not letting them fall below that standard. That would be a good start. He also mentioned having a strong running game being able to throw off play action.

We really won't get an idea of the what the team might do in the draft until after we see who the team re-signs and who they bring in in free agency.

If we don't re-sign Dennard it will create a hole in the slot, and we'll then have to wait and see how that hole is filled. I don't believe there is an adequate replacement for Dennard already on the team. With holes at LB, OG, OT and TE it's a bit hard to imagine they'll create a hole in the secondary, but they may not see it that way.

We're going to learn a lot about the new look Bengals management in the next two months, but we'll have to let those two month go by with some patience.

Katie and Co will be graded by their big move in controlling the team, which was to hire Taylor. But we have to let it all play out before trying to grade it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:40 AM)kevin Wrote: I look for these new coaches to have a different mind set on free agents and trades, their player wish list different from Coach Lewis. 

I don't think our free agency activity ever had anything to do with Marvin Lewis's wish list.  I think the front office controlled our free agency policy.  I am sure Marvin was consulted about what type of player he wanted, but I'll bet his options were limited by the front office.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:40 AM)kevin Wrote: I think Bengals Fans who think they know who is coming and going may be in for some surprises. 

Details please.  What specific moves do you think will surprise us?
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:40 AM)kevin Wrote: Forget the Mock Drafts, that is indeed Fake News because nobody is really being drafted by the media. Right now Bengals coaches at NFL Combine, which is huge. March 13th is start of Free Agency and Trading, also huge. April 1st, teams with new head coaches such as Bengals can start player workouts as opposed to all other teams who have to wait until April 15th. This gives Bengals 2 extra weeks and they should use them so coaches get a look at who they got on this team. That leads to April 25th weekend of The Draft. So much has changed in coaches, much is happening at Combine, with many changes in players and early workouts to come. GO BENGALS.

March 13th coming very fast. I look for many Bengals Free Agents to be shown the door as Bengals clean house after last 3 losing seasons. I look for these new coaches to have a different mind set on free agents and trades, their player wish list different from Coach Lewis. Same with The Draft farther down the road. Again, GO BENGALS.

I think Bengals Fans who think they know who is coming and going may be in for some surprises. This is no longer Coach Lewis. I think Fans will be shocked, surprised, amazed in the players kept, let go and brought in. It will not be dull. It's about ready to get very action packed in player moves as these coaches look for players who fit THEIR scheme, THEIR style. Again, GO BENGALS.

To some crying already about the changes, do not kid yourself that this was a Super Bowl team. This was a team in or around Last Place the last 3 seasons. If ever there was a team that needed a major rebuilding job, it is The Bengals. The rebuilding has started in coaches to now include players. Again, GO BENGALS.

I didn't know cause we have a new HC we get a couple week head start. That is nice.

Should be a very exciting time no doubt. If we grab a top Lineman and Linebacker in FA the draft should be a blast. Love this time of year once the Combine starts and then FA. With a clean sweep and a new HC it is even more exciting this year.
Reply/Quote
NFL Free Agency starts March 13.
Bengals Free Agency shopping starts March 20.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I didn't know cause we have a new HC we get a couple week head start. That is nice.

Should be a very exciting time no doubt. If we grab a top Lineman and Linebacker in FA the draft should be a blast. Love this time of year once the Combine starts and then FA. With a clean sweep and a new HC it is even more exciting this year.

In all seriousness, I think that's a must.

Go for a RT like Juwaun James and then add a LB like Jordan Hicks or LJ Fort.

IF we add 2 of those 3 guys, we can go BPA and not be locked into a position.

Although we still do need a starting TE somehow. I don't really have a ton of thoughts on that in free agency or the draft like I do other positions.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 05:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: NFL Free Agency starts March 13.
Bengals Free Agency shopping starts March 20.

Should we, as we usually do, start making a list of players cut by other teams so we know what our player pool is?

Who usually puts together that list? I forget.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 05:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In all seriousness, I think that's a must.

Go for a RT like Juwaun James and then add a LB like Jordan Hicks or LJ Fort.

IF we add 2 of those 3 guys, we can go BPA and not be locked into a position.

Although we still do need a starting TE somehow. I don't really have a ton of thoughts on that in free agency or the draft like I do other positions.

I agree, if we get a couple of those guys we will be sitting pretty heading into the Draft. There are other names too that i would love, Trent Brown, Seantrel Henderson, KJ Wright etc. What is nice about this Draft is it is very deep at TE, i think this is where we should add one.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 06:17 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Should we, as we usually do, start making a list of players cut by other teams so we know what our player pool is?

Who usually puts together that list? I forget.

Ask Preston Brown.  Maybe he knows.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 07:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ask Preston Brown.  Maybe he knows.

An you had to bring up the once in a blue moon exception.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:40 AM)kevin Wrote: Forget the Mock Drafts, that is indeed Fake News because nobody is really being drafted by the media.  Right now Bengals coaches at NFL Combine, which is huge.  March 13th is start of Free Agency and Trading, also huge.  April 1st, teams with new head coaches such as Bengals can start player workouts as opposed to all other teams who have to wait until April 15th. This gives Bengals 2 extra weeks and they should use them so coaches get a look at who they got on this team.  That leads to April 25th weekend of The Draft.  So much has changed in coaches, much is happening at Combine, with many changes in players and early workouts to come.  GO BENGALS.

March 13th coming very fast.  I look for many Bengals Free Agents to be shown the door as Bengals clean house after last 3 losing seasons. I look for these new coaches to have a different mind set on free agents and trades, their player wish list different from Coach Lewis.  Same with The Draft farther down the road. Again, GO BENGALS.

I think Bengals Fans who think they know who is coming and going may be in for some surprises.  This is no longer Coach Lewis.  I think Fans will be shocked, surprised, amazed in the players kept, let go and brought in.  It will not be dull.  It's about ready to get very action packed in player moves as these coaches look for players who fit THEIR scheme, THEIR style.   Again, GO BENGALS.

To some crying already about the changes, do not kid yourself that this was a Super Bowl team.   This was a team in or around Last Place the last 3 seasons.  If ever there was a team that needed a major rebuilding job, it is The Bengals.  The rebuilding has started in coaches to now include players.  Again, GO BENGALS.

Your post is real news? Am I missing something?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think it is imperative this off season to plug in some of the holes via FA. We need to add at least 1 plug and player starting O lineman and in my opinion acquire 1 LB that can cover.

Once we do that then the draft is wide open as it should be for BPA, if that means QB, even better.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 07:27 PM)BengalChris Wrote: An you had to bring up the once in a blue moon exception.

Kevin Minter and Andre Smith 2017

Pat Sims the year before that.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, if we get a couple of those guys we will be sitting pretty heading into the Draft. There are other names too that i would love, Trent Brown, Seantrel Henderson, KJ Wright etc. What is nice about this Draft is it is very deep at TE, i think this is where we should add one.

I think I saw Henderson get extended...but I liked him too.

There really aren't many good Tackles in Free Agency. Ju'Waun James is the best. Then you have a guy who is a bust like Ereck Flowers that might be worth a look in camp, but we need a better option.

How about we go with a Guard like Saffold from the Rams. Then we'd have 2 pretty Good Guards which would help Price out. Glenn could be adequate at LT.

Then sign a guy like Andre Smith to compete at RT and draft a Tackle in the 2nd Round?
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 07:27 PM)BengalChris Wrote: An you had to bring up the once in a blue moon exception.

If you would have cited that we occasionally sign free agents like Preston Brown, he would have probably brought up all the cut guys we sign. Haha.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 08:09 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I think it is imperative this off season to plug in some of the holes via FA.  We need to add at least 1 plug and player starting O lineman and in my opinion acquire 1 LB that can cover.  

Once we do that then the draft is wide open as it should be for BPA, if that means QB, even better.

Agree,

If they don't acquire at least a starting olineman and LBer in free agency they're going to put giant limits on their draft abilities. 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 08:09 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I think it is imperative this off season to plug in some of the holes via FA.  We need to add at least 1 plug and player starting O lineman and in my opinion acquire 1 LB that can cover.  

Agreed. Any strategy other than that and we're in for a prolonged rebuild I think.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 08:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kevin Minter and Andre Smith 2017

It's amazing we haven't won a SB by now...

You know how on this board we cite the Redskins and their wreckless spending in free agency as proof that big spending doesn't equal wins? Redskin fans are probably like, look at the Bengals throwing money around in free agency. See big spenders don't always win!  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 08:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kevin Minter and Andre Smith 2017

Wow! Mike Brown is so good at the free agency thing.  Sarcasm

Reply/Quote