Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key Dates For Bengals In Near Future.
(03-01-2019, 08:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think I saw Henderson get extended...but I liked him too.

There really aren't many good Tackles in Free Agency. Ju'Waun James is the best. Then you have a guy who is a bust like Ereck Flowers that might be worth a look in camp, but we need a better option.

How about we go with a Guard like Saffold from the Rams. Then we'd have 2 pretty Good Guards which would help Price out. Glenn could be adequate at LT.

Then sign a guy like Andre Smith to compete at RT and draft a Tackle in the 2nd Round?

Damn, didn't hear that about Henderson. All for James now or like you said a Guard like Saffold than a LB like your guys that you cited, KJ Wright or Kwon Alexander. Cody Ford or Devin White are sounding more and more like our pick at 11. Or if we do what we are saying Hock the next Gronk type. This draft is deep at TE but sometimes you have to go with that once in a generation talent, that is Hockenson.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 02:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, didn't hear that about Henderson. All for James now or like you said a Guard like Saffold than a LB like your guys that you cited, KJ Wright or Kwon Alexander. Cody Ford or Devin White are sounding more and more like our pick at 11. Or if we do what we are saying Hock the next Gronk type. This draft is deep at TE but sometimes you have to go with that once in a generation talent, that is Hockenson.

I like Kwon too.

Not so sure about Wright. He seems to be declining, but is a solid tackler still. I could see him being another in the long line of LB's that come here and struggle.

I'd be cool with bringing Preston Brown back and then adding Hicks or Fort. Although Brown looked slow to me. Maybe because of the injury as you don't rack up all the tackles he did being slow.

Brown may want no part of coming back though.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 05:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I like Kwon too.

Not so sure about Wright. He seems to be declining, but is a solid tackler still. I could see him being another in the long line of LB's that come here and struggle.

I'd be cool with bringing Preston Brown back and then adding Hicks or Fort. Although Brown looked slow to me. Maybe because of the injury as you don't rack up all the tackles he did being slow.

Brown may want no part of coming back though.

KJ Wright didn't seem to be declining when i watched him last year.

Would be fine with bringing back Preston and as Cincy is his home town i think he would want to come back especially under a new HC and new LB coach. Haslett and injuries were what really held him back here last year IMO.

I think Preston played pretty decent, better than any LB'er not named Vigil last year.

Not saying much though, they were terribly bad.

We need to add atleast 2 LB'ers and hope Tem can coach up Evans and Jefferson to boot.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: KJ Wright didn't seem to be declining when i watched him last year.

Would be fine with bringing back Preston and as Cincy is his home town i think he would want to come back especially under a new HC and new LB coach. Haslett and injuries were what really held him back here last year IMO.

I think Preston played pretty decent, better than any LB'er not named Vigil last year.

Not saying much though, they were terribly bad.

We need to add atleast 2 LB'ers and hope Tem can coach up Evans and Jefferson to boot.

By declining, I don't mean to indicate that he's bad. It's kind of like declining from Elite to really Good.

He's a VERY solid LB and a steady tackler. Here's his PFF write-up:

Wright has been trending downwards ever since he earned an 88.3 overall grade back in 2015. The Seahawks linebacker hasn’t graded above 70.0 in coverage since, and he will be 30 next season. He’s still one of the best tackling linebackers in the NFL and has only one season with double-digit misses in his career (2014).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-top-50-nfl-free-agents-of-2019

Here's another write-up:

Wright may be the most intriguing player on this list, simply for the fact that he hasn’t truly had a bad season in eight years with the Seattle Seahawks. With no season grades below 65.0, Wright’s consistency sticks out in the best way possible. Wright has never had more than three penalties in a season and has only had double-digit missed tackles in one. Despite missing a large chunk of 2018 with an injury, the 2011 fourth-round draft pick should easily find a home in the middle of someone’s defense in 2019.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-10-free-agent-linebackers-in-2019
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 11:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: By declining, I don't mean to indicate that he's bad. It's kind of like declining from Elite to really Good.

He's a VERY solid LB and a steady tackler. Here's his PFF write-up:

Wright has been trending downwards ever since he earned an 88.3 overall grade back in 2015. The Seahawks linebacker hasn’t graded above 70.0 in coverage since, and he will be 30 next season. He’s still one of the best tackling linebackers in the NFL and has only one season with double-digit misses in his career (2014).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-top-50-nfl-free-agents-of-2019

Here's another write-up:

Wright may be the most intriguing player on this list, simply for the fact that he hasn’t truly had a bad season in eight years with the Seattle Seahawks. With no season grades below 65.0, Wright’s consistency sticks out in the best way possible. Wright has never had more than three penalties in a season and has only had double-digit missed tackles in one. Despite missing a large chunk of 2018 with an injury, the 2011 fourth-round draft pick should easily find a home in the middle of someone’s defense in 2019.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-10-free-agent-linebackers-in-2019

Great write up. Hard to keep up that rating he had in 2015 though.

Must of been one of the highest rated players in the league that year. 88.3? Wow.
Reply/Quote