Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key Offseason Dates For Bengals and NFL
Feb 20th to Mar 5th : Franchise Tag Period

Feb 27 to Mar 4th : NFL Draft Scouting Combine

Mar 13th : Free Agency Signing Begins

Apr 25 to Apr 27 : NFL Draft

As soon as Draft over, Undrafted Free Agents called by teams to fill out rosters.

So with 2 top WR's ready to leave Bengals, will they Franchise Tag one of them, or tag some other position, or not use the tag at all.

WR is going to be key to watch on who Bengals let go, and who Bengals might replace them with in free agency or the draft. Plus Bengals need to sign Chase long term in his last year of his contract. Providing Joe Burrow with Pass Targets is Key to any Play-Off and Super Bowl dreams. We will watch and see how it all plays out.

One observation going forward is Coach Taylor Playbook seems many plays need WR's that can Block. Last few years all Bengals WR's could flat out block. I don't think it's enough that new WR's coming in can catch, they also have to be good blockers to run the Coach Taylor Playbook. Bengals run so many plays where the WR has to make a block for another WR or a RB. Up to now, Bengals have been loaded with good blocking WR's on those screens and slants and run plays. If Bengals can not reload with good pass blocking WR's, could the Bengals go to more TE's like some teams. We will see.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I've read a couple articles now that speculate they won't resign Boyd and I wouldn't doubt it either. And also saying they may well cut Mixon and I think that would be a smart move as well.

Higgins is the giant question mark ??? Anxious to see how that plays out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Boyd is going to move on. Higgins may too unless he is tagged. I saw today that the Bengals could tag Higgins and then trade him for a haul.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Was the last paragraph in the OP written by AI? It reads very strangely.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 08:03 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Was the last paragraph in the OP written by AI? It reads very strangely.

You must not read many of Kevin's posts. They all read that way, so either it's his style or he's always been AI.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 08:12 AM)Mer Wrote: You must not read many of Kevin's posts. They all read that way, so either it's his style or he's always been AI.

Yeah, like, why even write about TB being franchise tagged. AI might just due to how it gleams & compiles info to write stuff, but a human would know better. A human SHOULD know better at least, right?

I mean, if a human wrote that last paragraph they must just be trying to hit a word count or trying to win a bet on how many times someone can write some form of the word "block" in a paragraph. Literally EVERY SENTENCE but the last one, a 3 worder contains the word "block" or "blocking".
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 08:03 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Was the last paragraph in the OP written by AI? It reads very strangely.

(02-21-2024, 08:12 AM)Mer Wrote: You must not read many of Kevin's posts. They all read that way, so either it's his style or he's always been AI.

Yep - typical Kevin post.  Lots of words with nothing to say.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 09:33 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Yeah, like, why even write about TB being franchise tagged. AI might just due to how it gleams & compiles info to write stuff, but a human would know better. A human SHOULD know better at least, right?

I mean, if a human wrote that last paragraph they must just be trying to hit a word count or trying to win a bet on how many times someone can write some form of the word "block" in a paragraph. Literally EVERY SENTENCE but the last one, a 3 worder contains the word "block" or "blocking".

He is right though the Bengals need better blocking from their skill positions in their spread west coast offense. Way to many of the RPO screens and RB pitches were blown up because of poor blocking by the receivers and TEs. They also need more skill position players that can create yards on their own because right now Ja'Marr Chase is the only on the roster that can although Chase Brown is a maybe there. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 01:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've read a couple articles now that speculate they won't resign Boyd and I wouldn't doubt it either. And also saying they may well cut Mixon and I think that would be a smart move as well.

Higgins is the giant question mark ??? Anxious to see how that plays out.

The question isn't whether or not the Bengals tag Higgins. The question is what do the Bengals do AFTER tagging Higgins? Do they trade Tee? Do they work out a contract extension? Do they let him walk after the season?

There's no scenario where the Bengals let Higgins sign with another team this offseason.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 11:00 AM)Synric Wrote: He is right though the Bengals need better blocking from their skill positions in their spread west coast offense. Way to many of the RPO screens and RB pitches were blown up because of poor blocking by the receivers and TEs. They also need more skill position players that can create yards on their own because right now Ja'Marr Chase is the only on the roster that can although Chase Brown is a maybe there. 

That's all I'm saying in that last paragraph.  Anybody that watches the Bengals knows a huge amount of their plays call for WR's blocking. It is not enough for a WR to catch, they also need to be able to block on this team. Bengals run all these screens on the outside and inside plays that all call for WR's making their blocks. Boyd and Higgins could block as well as catch.  Bengals have been loaded with good blocking WR's.  However if Bengals lose both Boyd and Higgins, the Bengals take a huge hit at not only pass catching but WR's that can block. The Bengals could also use TE help.  Plus they need to resign Chase in 2024.  Bengals have plenty of offseason work to do in next few months. 

but as I say, GO BENGALS...Hopefully they stock in good blocking pass catchers to help Burrow lead this team to Victory.  We want to see this team going forward, not backward. We got spoiled having Chase, Higgins, Boyd. Hopefully they get Burrow the weapons he needs to keep this team winning.

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

As a joke, I decided to run it through an AI detector program. It came out 0% AI. Did get a 99.99% plagiarism -- leading back to our very own Bengals Board!

We don't have to worry that Kevin is actually an AI program.  Smirk And nice to see that our board shows up on plagiarism check software.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 08:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: As a joke, I decided to run it through an AI detector program. It came out 0% AI. Did get a 99.99% plagiarism -- leading back to our very own Bengals Board!

We don't have to worry that Kevin is actually an AI program.  Smirk  And nice to see that our board shows up on plagiarism check software.

Along those same lines, if I want to get some info on a topic being discussed before chiming in, I'll often enter the topic into my browser search bar.  Typically without fail, the first link that comes back is thebengalsboard.com

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'll put this here. Bengals will have alot more cap space than expected.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 08:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: As a joke, I decided to run it through an AI detector program. It came out 0% AI. Did get a 99.99% plagiarism -- leading back to our very own Bengals Board!

We don't have to worry that Kevin is actually an AI program.  Smirk  And nice to see that our board shows up on plagiarism check software.

I think Stewy was a bit harsh, but i'm still gonna start calling him KevAI 2.0 from now on. 

I owe him for beating me twice in my Championship FFL season last year. Rant

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
We are getting close to the Combine now, exciting. I am with BF74 as usual, we will probably Tag Tee and either work on an extension as
the new thread by Trademark says or trade him for a pick or player which is what I am hoping for. Boyd will be gone and moving on from
Mixon should be on our mind so we can get cheaper and younger at RB with all the options in FA and the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 03:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think Stewy was a bit harsh, but i'm still gonna start calling him KevAI 2.0 from now on. 

I owe him for beating me twice in my Championship FFL season last year. Rant

Must have been the very few weeks that my team wasn't loaded with injuries.  I drafted Higgins and Burrow after Tyreek Hill, Chase had been picked early.  Higgins and Burrow were injured more than I hoped. I must have beat you when they were healthy.  You won Championship, my injured team not in play-offs. Again, Congrats to you. I do good in Fantasy Baseball, but you guys on here are tough in Fantasy Football. You were doing something to win Championship, Congrats.

Bengals did Franchise Tag Tee Higgins.  So that is over.  Now on to Combine, Free Agency and The Draft and resigning Chase in 2024.  Keeping Tee Higgins at least one more year helps this offseason.  Trying to replace Higgins and Boyd in same offseason would have been next to impossible.  The Franchise Tag is a big cap hit, I didn't think they would use it on Boyd, but maybe on Higgins.  It's a huge pay increase for Higgins, but he was going to get a big pay increase in Free Agency from some team. Having Chase and Higgins back opens up looking at other positions in Free Agency and The Draft.  The need for WR just became less. What other positions do Bengals need help at ? May come down to Best Available Athlete on the board when Bengals get to pick.

Burrow, Chase and Higgins, The Bengals could make another Super Bowl run this season.  Teams have trouble covering both of them, and Bengals still have a tough Defense....GO BENGALS

Tiger Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote