Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keys To Victory Over The Ratbirds
Contain Jackson and his legs, don't be sloppy with penalties, be consistent on O. Eat your Wheaties when you get up Sunday morning.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
Put Trey Hendrickson in the 7 gap and let him run wild and disrupt.  DT play will be huge.  I'd spy Jackson with a premium athlete for a healthy dose of the snaps.  The Baltimore D will be tough to crack - the best recipe for success there is to take care of the football.  The skill guys can't cough it up.  Burrow can't be afraid to sling it and throw interceptions but he can't throw it straight to their DBs.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 10:20 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Play all 4 quarters not just 2.

I believe this is one of the bigger keys to having a chance in this game. The offense has to come out playing in the first half. We can't go into halftime only scoring 3 points !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 01:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe this is one of the bigger keys to having a chance in this game. The offense has to come out playing in the first half. We can't go into halftime only scoring 3 points !

Definitely.  

I'm hoping that Taylor doesn't come out and try to outsmart himself by trying to be tricky and go for big plays and then it backfires.  We need a balanced offense to move the chains.  

There was one game I remember where we were leading at the end of the game and, instead of running the ball and killing the clock, while forcing the opposition to use its timeouts, he threw on first and second down, which were both incomplete, so they knew we'd run on third down, loaded the box, stopped us, only had to use one timeout, we punted, they came down the field, were able to use their timeouts, scored, and beat us.

That's not exactly how it went down, but you get the picture.

My dream scenario is that we come out with a heavy dose of Mixon, while mixing in some pass, score on the first drive, force them to punt on their first drive, and then play action and go deep to Chase on the first play of our second drive.  

That would demoralize them and their crowd!
Reply/Quote
Believe the Bengals defense has the players to shut down the Ravens WR's and RB's.

Leaving Lamar as the X-factor which is a difficult task.

He is getting much better at passing and can throw the ball 60 yards with just a flick of his wrist.

Yet still have to try and contain him in pocket and force him to try and beat us with his arm imo.

He has off days with his arm at times, yet never with his legs.

Believe the offense is actually in a good match up for us with our WR's going against an average defensive backfield which should open the running game up too. . Must protect against their blitzes and allow Joe a little time to do his thing and make them pay for blitzing is all lol.

Ravens are very formidable and will obviously be favored. Yet I like the Bengals chances.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 03:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Definitely.  

I'm hoping that Taylor doesn't come out and try to outsmart himself by trying to be tricky and go for big plays and then it backfires.  We need a balanced offense to move the chains.  

There was one game I remember where we were leading at the end of the game and, instead of running the ball and killing the clock, while forcing the opposition to use its timeouts, he threw on first and second down, which were both incomplete, so they knew we'd run on third down, loaded the box, stopped us, only had to use one timeout, we punted, they came down the field, were able to use their timeouts, scored, and beat us.

That's not exactly how it went down, but you get the picture.

My dream scenario is that we come out with a heavy dose of Mixon, while mixing in some pass, score on the first drive, force them to punt on their first drive, and then play action and go deep to Chase on the first play of our second drive.  

That would demoralize them and their crowd!

I'd even maybe try and hit Chase deep first or second play that we run.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 09:46 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe the Bengals defense has the players to shut down the Ravens WR's and RB's.

Leaving Lamar as the X-factor which is a difficult task.

He is getting much better at passing and can throw the ball 60 yards with just a flick of his wrist.

Yet still have to try and contain him in pocket and force him to try and beat us with his arm imo.

He has off days with his arm at times, yet never with his legs.

Believe the offense is actually in a good match up for us with our WR's going against an average defensive backfield which should open the running game up too. . Must protect against their blitzes and allow Joe a little time to do his thing and make them pay for blitzing is all lol.

Ravens are very formidable and will obviously be favored. Yet I like the Bengals chances.

Considering the GB game just a couple weeks ago, it's going to take a pretty big jump to go into Baltimore and win. Burrow and the offense is going to have to keep up with the Ravens offense. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Scrape exchange the read option side on 3rd and short.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 09:55 PM)J24 Wrote: Was watching NFL Live today and they had a stat that Burrow was the Best QB against the Blitz.

That has been true, but to be fair, the Raven's blitz is a bit different.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 09:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1. Establish the run game.  Give Mixon the ball early and often to help control the game, keep their crowd out of it, and help to neutralize the blitz.

2. They love to blitz so be ready and exploit it.  Get the ball out quick to receivers in space when they send blitzes and take a few deep shots.  Make sure to keep a back in to block or at least to check the rush before releasing.

3. Don't get one-dimensional. Stay balanced or they'll tee-off on our offense.

4. Shut-down Andrews.  Easier said than done but we need to do it to keep him from being Jackson's safety valve and main target. Limiting him will help us to control the game because he's Jackson's main target.

5. Stay in your lanes and don't over-pursue.  Jackson's their leading rusher, so always keep an eye on him and don't go off-script.

6.  Stay out of third and long. Establishing the run game will help a lot with that but we can't get into third and long because, like I said, they love to blitz.

What are your keys to victory?

Good stuff, Brad.  I will be much more succinct:

1.)  Stuff their run and force them to beat you with the pass.  Yes, there is a lot more detail like you offered about staying in your lanes, etc, but I think if the Bengals can hold their run game down, I like the coverage matchups. 

2.) Win the turnover battle.  Can't allow passes to go through hands and be tipped in the air or Marlon Humphry to strip anyone.  Secure the ball, force turnovers from them.  

3.) Discipline.  No stupid taunting penalties or fights.  Control the aggression and beat them on the field. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: End every play on D with a hit on Lamar

Good thing you added the "on D" qualifier.  Guys like Boyd might have been ejected running on to their sideline and hitting their QB.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the best plan for victory.

Start Joe Bachie as a "spy" on Jackson.  No matter what Jackson does on the first play Bachie launches his full body helmet-first into the Lamar's knee.

Bachie is suspended for the rest of the season, but we suddenly have a chance at the Division title.

Stolen directly from the steeler playbook.
Reply/Quote