Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keys to beating Chiefs
1 We need a good plan for redzone and short yardage offense it has been a real eye sore most of the season.
2 Protect Burrow If Chiefs have over 2 sacks it will make winning extremely difficult
3 Be flexible willing to adjust if something is not working
4 Keep turnovers under 2 Dont give Chiefs offense extra possessions
5 Defensively make a play we had a few opportunities in the first game.
6 Limit penalties keep penalty yards under 50
7 Pressure Mahomes we need 3 sacks
8 Take what the defense gives you dont force it to Chase.
9 Clock management. This has always been a weakness of Andy Reid coached teams if Taylor wins this area good chance we can pull off upset.
10 Be aggressive on 4th downs maybe not Staley of the Chargers FG's probably will not win this game though.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I don’t think we can have any turnovers. I don’t think we need to sack mahomes 3 times either, we didn’t sack him once The first time. I think more important is don’t let Tyreek Hill do Tyreek Hill things, and keep Kelce in check.
Reply/Quote
The keys are our big time players in big time games need to make big time plays. In their first meeting we made more big time plays. Matching the Chiefs in that area is how you beat them. That’s how they’ve won all the time in their recent run.

Hopefully the staff has the correct vision of how the game plays out. How the Chiefs defend them (Chase in particular) and their response. Same on defense. So the staffs preparedness based on their vision of the game is crucial. If your script falls in line it much easier to win the game.
Reply/Quote
Don't think our short yardage offense can change at this point, it is what it is.

Turnovers are obviously a key in most games so yes ball security will be a key. Hope we sack Mahomes 3 or more times but thinking picking him off a couple times while he's trying to be heroic would help more so.

In playoffs I would take every point earned and not gamble a bunch on aggressive 4th downs unless absolutely needed. Don't leave any points off the board.

Of course KC will be double teaming Chase and should open things up early for Higgins, Boyd, and CJ and Bengals must exploit this opportunity. Yet would not forget about Chase and would have a couple of designed plays to make sure they have to focus their attention completely on him to free up everything else.

Of course a great strategy would be to run it down KC's throat and make Mahomes watch on sideline instead of finding his groove. Just don't think the Bengals can do this, but would be nice to be wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
As in a lot of cases shown in history and also in sports I think the key to winning this game will come with an opportunity at a key time. An interception, a fumble recovery or perhaps a great kickoff or punt return. There is very, very little margin for error in games like this. Both teams have shown they can play at a high level, especially on offense. I think it will come down to which team makes the most mistakes. So if at the right time the Bengals manage to take advantage of an error by the Chiefs while also limiting their own they will have the upper hand by the end of the game.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I don't think we change a thing. Do what we did to get us here and go get it.

Reply/Quote
I've posted this elsewhere, but we're 11th in RZ scoring on the road, while the Chiefs are 15th at home. So I don't think that will be an issue.

The Chiefs don't really turn it over much, so if we do get one, we'd better take advantage. I mainly just don't want to see the Bengals turn it over.

We're 10-1 when we turn it over 2 times or less.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If we can just score more points than they do, we will win.

Ninja
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 05:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't think we change a thing. Do what we did to get us here and go get it.

Just keep riding the wave.. Otherwise you drown..  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
1. Do whatever it was we did in the second half.
2. Keep Mahomes on the sideline
3. D has got to make some plays. Give our offense every extra possession we can get.
4. Mixon has got to be a beast in this game.
5. Limit penalties especially at the line of scrimmage.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are 4-0 when i wear the Burrow jersey my daughter got me for Christmas (I didn't wear it vs Browns).

The only key is me wearing that jersey
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I think THE KEY is easy. GO WITH WHAT GOT YOU HERE. That is a basic in any sports be it a baseball pitcher or whatever. What GOT Bengals here is do NOT get away from throwing to Chase when he is in single coverage. If Chase is open or in single coverage, Burrow needs to throw him the ball on those plays. Of course get Mixon into the game rushing for yards. Burrow hitting Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah is also What Got Them Here.

Burrow will get sacked here and there. The Chiefs sacked Brady here and there and lost to Brady in Super Bowl last season. Same goes for Bengals beating Chiefs this month. It's not the sacks. It's Burrow getting up with guts as he does like a Joe Namath after a sack, walking to the line after a sack, and the guts to keep moving Bengals down the field. NO QUIT.

The Chiefs jumped out on Bengals Defense this month, but great Halftime Adjustments by Bengals Coaches. The Defense Tightened Up, and The Bengals Offense had long drives not giving Mahomes the ball much. Again, NO QUIT.

McPherson is KEY. so is Huber and all Special Teams.

Few Penalties got Bengals here. They don't make the stupid penalties of many Bengals teams of last few years. That is Coaching because Paul Brown teams made few penalties.

NO QUIT is what Got Them Here. Many great 2nd Half Comebacks to Win.

If Chase has near 200 yards receiving as he did against Chiefs earlier this month, I would say Bengals have a chance to win. When Chase is open or in single coverage, throw him the ball. Burrow to Chase is Huge. Now if Chiefs double down on Chase, burn them by letting Burrow hit the open man in either Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah, Mixon.

The KEY is Do What Got Them Here. NO QUIT. Fight to The Very End. If they can not allow Mahomes to have the ball last 3 or 4 minutes as they did last time, The Buffalo Bills would agree that is a smart move.

How about 200 yards receiving by Chase, 100 yards rushing by Mixon, 500 yards passing by Burrow. So 300 yards passing to Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah, Mixon, Perine. With THAT MUCH OFFENSE Mahomes doesn't have the ball all day.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
To me, the Bengals defense will win this game. If it doesn't show up, we're in trouble.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 04:05 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: As in a lot of cases shown in history and also in sports I think the key to winning this game will come with an opportunity at a key time.  An interception, a fumble recovery or perhaps a great kickoff or punt return.   There is very, very little margin for error in games like this.  Both teams have shown they can play at a high level, especially on offense.  I think it will come down to which team makes the most mistakes.  So if at the right time the Bengals manage to take advantage of an error by the Chiefs while also limiting their own they will have the upper hand by the end of the game.

And that happened.   :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 11:06 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1 We need a good plan for redzone and short yardage offense it has been a real eye sore most of the season.
2 Protect Burrow If Chiefs have over 2 sacks it will make winning extremely difficult
3 Be flexible willing to adjust if something is not working
4 Keep turnovers under 2 Dont give Chiefs offense extra possessions
5 Defensively make a play we had a few opportunities in the first game.
6 Limit penalties keep penalty yards under 50
7 Pressure Mahomes we need 3 sacks
8 Take what the defense gives you dont force it to Chase.
9 Clock management. This has always been a weakness of Andy Reid coached teams if Taylor wins this area good chance we can pull off upset.
10 Be aggressive on 4th downs maybe not Staley of the Chargers FG's probably will not win this game though.

Thank you to all coaches and players for executing this gameplan.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:50 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Thank you to all coaches and players for executing this gameplan.

Especially in the second half.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote