Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Khalid Kareem
I'm not sure if it will allow you to open the link, but here is Kareem's season-long analysis by PFF.

He rated REALLY low against the Raiders, which is probably due in part to his phantom personal foul on Carr.

He rated really well against the Browns and basically helped to win the Denver game.

If Hendrickson is out this week, the Bengals will need a huge game from him, Hubbard, Ray, and Sample (who may be playing inside a lot).

https://premium.pff.com/nfl/players/2021/REGPO/khalid-kareem/42993/defense
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm not sure if it will allow you to open the link, but here is Kareem's season-long analysis by PFF.

He rated REALLY low against the Raiders, which is probably due in part to his phantom personal foul on Carr.

He rated really well against the Browns and basically helped to win the Denver game.

If Hendrickson is out this week, the Bengals will need a huge game from him, Hubbard, Ray, and Sample (who may be playing inside a lot).

https://premium.pff.com/nfl/players/2021/REGPO/khalid-kareem/42993/defense

I always thought Sample was a better fit as nickel DT anyway.
He's a bit stockier than a normal 4-3 DE.
He kinda reminds me of Wallace Gilberry in his dimensions/style.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Fingers and toes crossed for Hendrickson to be able to go.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Fingers and toes crossed for Hendrickson to be able to go.

No doubt man.   So important!  Their offense has been trending in the right direction and getting healthier.   We need pressure to help disrupt it. 
Reply/Quote
Agree that Kareem could play inside some. There was talk of that when he was drafted. But I think they were thinking of him being a DT in pass situations, kind of like how Hubbard is sometimes used.

Sample is a bit stockier, and if oneof the trio has to play some early down DT, I'd prefer it be him.

But if Larry O, Tupou, Daniels, and Wren are all no gos, we are in a bit of a pickle. And if Hendrickson cannot play either, Sample & Kareem my be needed at DE as well.
Reply/Quote
Kolton Miller absolutely abused Kareem on nearly every rep in the Raiders game. It was really bad.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone have video or know the play that Hendrickson got concussed on? I didn't even know he was missing until the next morning.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Does anyone have video or know the play that Hendrickson got concussed on? I didn't even know he was missing until the next morning.

I was trying to figure it out by watching highlight replays, but nothing really stood out. Best I can tell was early 3rd quarter. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I always thought Sample was a better fit as nickel DT anyway.
He's a bit stockier than a normal 4-3 DE.
He kinda reminds me of Wallace Gilberry in his dimensions/style.

I think if Ossai stayed healthy we would have seen Sample play inside more. At the Senior Bowl he was the best looking interior pass rusher.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Does Tannerhill have a lot of 2 minute comeback winning games? Anyone know?
Reply/Quote
Kareem had a couple of good plays against the Broncos so I was hoping he was turning into something. But he really didn't show up much against the Browns.

One good thing is that a lot of these backups got some starting reps in the Browns game. Not much, but at least they've had to work an entire game.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:47 PM)wcu Wrote: I was trying to figure it out by watching highlight replays, but nothing really stood out. Best I can tell was early 3rd quarter. 

It was at 8:34 left in the 3rd. The play the 3rd down reception by Oakland that was overturned on review because Bates punched it out. Hendrickson is engaged with 2 blockers, and appears like he might be falling, but goes out of camera shot. I suspect he hit his head on the ground, but you can't see it. Several plays later one of the announcers starts to say something about Hendrickson but is cut off by the other announcer. I think he was going to say "The Bengals will go the rest of the way without Hendrickson" but not quite sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:23 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Does Tannerhill have a lot of 2 minute comeback winning games? Anyone know?

He has a decent number of them (26). Tied with Boomer and behind Dalton. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It was at 8:34 left in the 3rd. The play the 3rd down reception by Oakland that was overturned on review because Bates punched it out. Hendrickson is engaged with 2 blockers, and appears like he might be falling, but goes out of camera shot. I suspect he hit his head on the ground, but you can't see it. Several plays later one of the announcers starts to say something about Hendrickson but is cut off by the other announcer. I think he was going to say "The Bengals will go the rest of the way without Hendrickson" but not quite sure.

I just watched the All 22. He didn't go down or have any kind of violent contact (other than what you would expect) on that entire drive. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:23 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Does Tannerhill have a lot of 2 minute comeback winning games? Anyone know?

These are just in the last 3 years with the Titans.

2019 beat Chiefs 35-32 with td pass 0:23 left.

2020 forced overtime against Texans with td pass with 0:04 left (won in overtime)
2020 lead 12 play 83 yd drive for game winning FG with 0:17 left against Broncos
2020 lead 9 play 48 yd drive for game winning FG with 1:43 left against Vikings.
2020 lead 8 play 29 yards drive for game winning FG with 1:34 left against Jags

2021 lead 8 play 49 yd drive for game winning FG with 0:04 left against Forty-niners
2021 ran for td with 1:47 left.  Then hit A.J Brown for 52 yards with just 0:18 seconds left to set up game winning FG
2021 forced overtime with td pass with just 0:16 left against the Jets
2021 completed 7-7 on 12 play 78 yd drive to set up game tying td with 0:28 left against Seattle (won in overtime)
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just watched the All 22. He didn't go down or have any kind of violent contact (other than what you would expect) on that entire drive. 

Then he must have suffered it earlier and just started feeling it.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:27 PM)Roland Wrote: Kareem had a couple of good plays against the Broncos so I was hoping he was turning into something.  But he really didn't show up much against the Browns.

One good thing is that a lot of these backups got some starting reps in the Browns game.   Not much, but at least they've had to work an entire game.

Kareem was the highest rated defensive player against the Browns.
Reply/Quote