Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khalid Kareem-good news
He has been cleared to practice. The team has 21 days to activate him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This should be a nice boost to our pass rush.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to overreact to this because we only saw him for like 5 snaps in the pre-season, but those snaps were great with, I think a TFL and a sack (going off of memory, maybe one of those was a pass deflection or something).

But he was also pretty mediocre/average last year, so I'm going to temper my expectations and say if he makes an impact, great. If not, understandable.
Reply/Quote
Getting healthier at the DE position is never a bad thing
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:17 AM)Au165 Wrote: This should be a nice boost to our pass rush.

And run D.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And run D.
Anything to improve the juice on the left side would be great...Hubbard has been medicocre on the passrush this yr. 
Reply/Quote
Has this guy played in the pre season yet? Makes you wander if Osai didn't get hurt, how good the Dline really would be..
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:56 PM)Tony Wrote: Has this guy played in the pre season yet? Makes you wander if Osai didn't get hurt, how good the Dline really would be..

Yes. He looked very good this preseason.

Reply/Quote
I'm going to take this as good news. The DEs definitely need another healthy body for rotation.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
When he is back, who gets the axe? Sadly I wonder if it isn't Hodge to the P.S.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:09 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: When he is back, who gets the axe? Sadly I wonder if it isn't Hodge to the P.S.

right now, there is still an open spot on the 53 with Waynes on IR.  It not being filled immediately might mean Kareem is closer to playing than not

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:11 PM)pally Wrote: right now, there is still an open spot on the 53 with Waynes on IR.  It not being filled immediately might mean Kareem is closer to playing than not

Fair, but I can't imagine they run down at the CB spot for 3 weeks.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Fair, but I can't imagine they run down at the CB spot for 3 weeks.

We won't be though; we go from 6 to 5 and we have Allen and Bates who can play the slot (not that we want Bates there).

Pally stating that makes me thing that Liddy is back either this week or next and takes Waynes' spot.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:47 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Anything to improve the juice on the left side would be great...Hubbard has been medicocre on the passrush this yr. 

You cant be critical of Hubbard. He is the face of 
The Bengals propaganda posters.
Because he is a okay run stopper and edge setter
Its ok if he is a ghost when it comes to rushing the QB
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 04:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: You cant be critical of Hubbard. He is the face of 

Yawn
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 04:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: You cant be critical of Hubbard. He is the face of 

Hubbard is the definition of average..  He has those 1 or 2 plays a game where you think he's breaking out, and then he's right back to average..
Reply/Quote

He actually has been recognized as the best run defender in the NFL according to PFF. I agree I would like more pass rush from that position but he is better than okay at run stopping.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

The guy who leads EDs in tackles and stops is "okay"? You don't like your ends tackling ball carriers?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:42 PM)Tony Wrote: Hubbard is the definition of average..  He has those 1 or 2 plays a game where you think he's breaking out, and then he's right back to average..

He's the top tackler, has the most stops and is tied for 35th in pressures. 

So he's great against the run and average rushing the passer. 

And that's a bad thing?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Anybody getting healthy is good news to me

Welcome Back Kotter

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote