Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khalid Kareem off PUP
Khalid Kareem has passed his physical and has been cleared to being practice.

That leaves Brandon Wilson, Joe Bachie, and La'el Collins on the PUP list. I would not be surprised to see Bachie at least start the season on the PUP list considering the late December timing of his torn ACL.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good news, Kareem knows how to use his hands to shed blockers.

Only saw flashes from him last year but I also saw a bit of a playmaker. We need this.

Ossai is my guy but Kareem could surprise.

Same with Carter and Sample at 3-tech behind BJ Hill.
Reply/Quote
IIRC the staff was high on Kareem when drafted. Perhaps he'll break out ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The defensive line is going to be interesting to watch.

Trey Hendrickson, Sam Hubbard, DJ Reader, BJ Hill, Zach Carter, Cameron Sample, Joseph Ossai, Khalid Kareem, Josh Tupou, Tyler Shelvin, Wyatt Hubert, Jeffery Gunter, and Tariqious Tisdale.

That's 13 at least 2 will be cut maybe 3. If I had to guess right now I'd say Tisdale and Hubert.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I hope this kid can play the whole year. I want to see what he has
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
He was on PUP due to the shoulder surgery that he had a week after the Super Bowl.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 01:03 PM)pally Wrote: Khalid Kareem has passed his physical and has been cleared to being practice.

That leaves Brandon Wilson, Joe Bachie, and La'el Collins on the PUP list.  I would not be surprised to see Bachie at least start the season on the PUP list considering the late December timing of his torn ACL.

With the added pressure of guys like Gunter and Tinsdale, Kareem will really have to step it up this year to get playing time.  I have high hopes for him and feel like he has shown flashes, but always seemed to get hurt after a good game.  Sure have a lot more depth this year at pass rusher, which can only help with a rotation at DE and 3T.  
Reply/Quote
He tore his labrum in the last preseason game last season. That is what landed him on IR. It healed enough that he was able to play but then he landed on it on that takeaway in Denver. Injured worse.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 03:26 PM)Synric Wrote: The defensive line is going to be interesting to watch.

Trey Hendrickson, Sam Hubbard, DJ Reader, BJ Hill, Zach Carter, Cameron Sample, Joseph Ossai, Khalid Kareem, Josh Tupou, Tyler Shelvin, Wyatt Hubert, Jeffery Gunter, and Tariqious Tisdale.

That's 13 at least 2 will be cut maybe 3. If I had to guess right now I'd say Tisdale and Hubert.

Shelvin needs to get in shape and step up at NT behind Reader.

We used a pick on him and he needs to step up and show he was worth it.

Same with Carter behind BJ Hill but he is only a rookie so we should bring him around slowly. He is impressing already though
so he might have significant snaps if he plays great. The DL and OL are what I am watching the most intently at this time of 
year. If they are good on both sides of the ball this will be one of the best teams if not the best in the NFL.

If not, we may not make it back to the big game in 2023.
Reply/Quote
Good. We always need young rushers
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 01:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good news, Kareem knows how to use his hands to shed blockers.

Only saw flashes from him last year but I also saw a bit of a playmaker. We need this.

Ossai is my guy but Kareem could surprise.

Same with Carter and Sample at 3-tech behind BJ Hill.

I feel so much more confident in this defense then one year ago.  There were so many questions a year ago.  Would Hendrickson be a difference maker?  Would the interior be improved over the horrible line a year prior?  Would the LBs take the next step.  What was Chido and would we ever see Waynes?  It almost ALL worked out.

Now, you have virtually every piece back (save Ogunjobi for Hill), you add Ossai, a healthy Kareem, some intriguing rookies to the defensive line (Carter, Gunter) and the line has solid depth and a lot of potential.  The LB play was excellent for most of last season when Wilson was healthy.  They also added depth and SPEED in the secondary, with Hill and Anderson.

Add all this up and mix in another year under Lou with guys that have bought in and shown they can execute his scheme and you have a really solid unit.

That is why my final piece of the puzzle would be Will Fuller for depth and speed at the WR position.  
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is why my final piece of the puzzle would be Will Fuller for depth and speed at the WR position.  

No piece of shyt Will Fuller.  He'll never be on the field.

The ignorant fascination with his speed, while ignoring his stone hands and injury history, really just baffles me.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I feel so much more confident in this defense then one year ago.  There were so many questions a year ago.  Would Hendrickson be a difference maker?  Would the interior be improved over the horrible line a year prior?  Would the LBs take the next step.  What was Chido and would we ever see Waynes?  It almost ALL worked out.

Now, you have virtually every piece back (save Ogunjobi for Hill), you add Ossai, a healthy Kareem, some intriguing rookies to the defensive line (Carter, Gunter) and the line has solid depth and a lot of potential.  The LB play was excellent for most of last season when Wilson was healthy.  They also added depth and SPEED in the secondary, with Hill and Anderson.

Add all this up and mix in another year under Lou with guys that have bought in and shown they can execute his scheme and you have a really solid unit.

That is why my final piece of the puzzle would be Will Fuller for depth and speed at the WR position.  

Definitely feel much more confident in the Defense this year myself. We shown we can stop the run and that is a start. We 
shown we can rush the passer with our starters, we just need guys like Ossai, Kareem, Hubert or Gunter to show up behind
Trey and Sam and this could be a top 10 Defense easily. Like you said about the Linebackers and Secondary, they are pretty 
damn stacked as long as they aren't decimated with injuries. ADG I expect to come out of nowhere this season.

Need Zach Carter to show up behind BJ Hill and the DT group stays extremely deep even without Ogunjobi who is coming
off of injury with the stoolpitt.

We got pro ready rookies in Dax Hill and CTB in my eyes too, if someone goes down I actually have confidence in these guys
unlike usual with rookies.

No to Fuller as Stewy here says. Stewy has talked me out of him as he watched him tons with the Texans.

If DeDe Westbrook is available I still would like him much more if he is healthy. Fits what we need, speed, experience, better
hands than Fuller and can be a Returner for us to if need be. I think Lassiter might be decent for us but I agree, bringing in a
speedster after cuts sure would help my mind behind our top 3 WR's.

(08-12-2022, 12:51 PM)Stewy Wrote: No piece of shyt Will Fuller.  He'll never be on the field.

The ignorant fascination with his speed, while ignoring his stone hands and injury history, really just baffles me.

Yeah, he isn't on my mind anymore after what you said about him. We need a guy who can stay somewhat healthy and 
catch the damn ball. This eliminates Will Fuller.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 12:51 PM)Stewy Wrote: No piece of shyt Will Fuller.  He'll never be on the field.

In 2020, he had 53 receptions for 870 yards and 8 TDs.  That was in 11 games.  He averaged 16.6 yards per reception.  He was injured in all of last season and had issues with the Dolphins believing his injury or something.  That team was a hot mess last year, and I would tend to believe Fuller as he ended up having surgery on the hand they tried to have him play through.

Regardless, he only played in fewer than 10 games one other year in his six seasons.  As far as "hands of stone" goes, he had a 70% catch % for 2018, 2019, and 2020.  This on a downfield receiver, not a slot guy.

Lastly, if he had played in all 16 games last year, and had a great season, he would be commanding more like $15 million.  I think he might be able to be signed for around $4 million, which the Bengals can easily afford.  

If one of the big three were to miss any time at all, he provides excellent veteran depth as well as a rotational piece.  
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definitely feel much more confident in the Defense this year myself. We shown we can stop the run and that is a start. We 
shown we can rush the passer with our starters, we just need guys like Ossai, Kareem, Hubert or Gunter to show up behind
Trey and Sam and this could be a top 10 Defense easily. Like you said about the Linebackers and Secondary, they are pretty 
damn stacked as long as they aren't decimated with injuries. ADG I expect to come out of nowhere this season.

Need Zach Carter to show up behind BJ Hill and the DT group stays extremely deep even without Ogunjobi who is coming
off of injury with the stoolpitt.

We got pro ready rookies in Dax Hill and CTB in my eyes too, if someone goes down I actually have confidence in these guys
unlike usual with rookies.

No to Fuller as Stewy here says. Stewy has talked me out of him as he watched him tons with the Texans.

If DeDe Westbrook is available I still would like him much more if he is healthy. Fits what we need, speed, experience, better
hands than Fuller and can be a Returner for us to if need be. I think Lassiter might be decent for us but I agree, bringing in a
speedster after cuts sure would help my mind behind our top 3 WR's.

Yeah, he isn't on my mind anymore after what you said about him. We need a guy who can stay somewhat healthy and 
catch the damn ball. This eliminates Will Fuller.

If he stayed healthy last year, he would be $15 million.  I bet the Bengals could give him a prove-it deal for $4 million.

Catch the ball?  In 2018, 2019, and 2020, Fuller's catch % was 70%.  Chase was 64% last year.  

This guy could play outside and have more Chase in the slot.  Or he could give Tee a rest for a series.  

Maybe he would never take that money and be a so-called non-starter, but I would at least look at him.  I can't imagine another team where he could play with better talent around him and not be forced to play virtually every snap and be the #1 WR.  
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 08:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: In 2020, he had 53 receptions for 870 yards and 8 TDs.  That was in 11 games.  He averaged 16.6 yards per reception.  He was injured in all of last season and had issues with the Dolphins believing his injury or something.  That team was a hot mess last year, and I would tend to believe Fuller as he ended up having surgery on the hand they tried to have him play through.

Regardless, he only played in fewer than 10 games one other year in his six seasons.  As far as "hands of stone" goes, he had a 70% catch % for 2018, 2019, and 2020.  This on a downfield receiver, not a slot guy.

Lastly, if he had played in all 16 games last year, and had a great season, he would be commanding more like $15 million.  I think he might be able to be signed for around $4 million, which the Bengals can easily afford.  

If one of the big three were to miss any time at all, he provides excellent veteran depth as well as a rotational piece.  

He's a POS - I've watched him play 20+ games, whereas you are cherry picking stats.  If you look at ALL his stats, and WATCHED his games where he has a habit of making crucial crops at the worst time.  Random injuries, that he plays through, but is almost always hurt.

Whatever, all you see is the speed.  I've actually watched him play. He's a POS and the league knows it, which is why he doesn't have a job.
Reply/Quote
He is In a roster battle for sure so needs to get out on the field
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 06:40 PM)Stewy Wrote: He's a POS - I've watched him play 20+ games, whereas you are cherry picking stats.  If you look at ALL his stats, and WATCHED his games where he has a habit of making crucial crops at the worst time.  Random injuries, that he plays through, but is almost always hurt.

Whatever, all you see is the speed.  I've actually watched him play. He's a POS and the league knows it, which is why he doesn't have a job.

Cherry picking?  If you watched him play 20+ game that is less than half of his games?  I did watch his games.  He obviously cost you a bet or something with a crucial drop.  He doesn't have a job because he was injured and had a dispute with a coach that is pretty well respected around the league (Brian Flores, who is now a coach at the steelers) and he missed almost the entire season last year.

AGAIN, this is why I think they could get him for $4 million for a one-year, prove it deal.  You disagree, fine.  But calling the guy a POS when he has been nothing but a first class individual on and off the field and could provide the Bengals another vertical threat and quality depth is just childish.  
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I feel so much more confident in this defense then one year ago.  There were so many questions a year ago.  Would Hendrickson be a difference maker?  Would the interior be improved over the horrible line a year prior?  Would the LBs take the next step.  What was Chido and would we ever see Waynes?  It almost ALL worked out.

I stay away from Fuller, just too much injury history... waste of $$ for a 4th WR who will barely see meaningful snaps.. I actually think Trent Taylor fits well as 4th WR , he adds more options with motion, slot WR type.. he had a good 1st preseason and has shown he is dependable .. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 04:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I stay away from Fuller, just too much injury history... waste of $$ for a 4th WR who will barely see meaningful snaps.. I actually think Trent Taylor fits well as 4th WR , he adds more options with motion, slot WR type.. he had a good 1st preseason and has shown he is dependable .. 

I disagree on meaningful snaps.  One of the guys on "Hear that Podcast Growlin" tallied up the snaps for WR4 last year and it wasn't insignificant, plus it is more of an insurance policy.  

I like Taylor, but if Chase or Tee were out for a game, you lose an outside receiver.  If you lost Boyd, you could move Chase inside to slot.  

I think either Lassiter or Pryor probably get the job, especially if they can show they can do for ST what Mike Thomas can or maybe they will keep 7 WRs.  But I liked the idea of a bargain Fuller that has a prove it year.  
Reply/Quote