Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khalil Mack
I don't want to be one of those guys who sees a guy on the tradeblock and thinks the Bengals will instantly go after him. The past how ever many years, it's never happened.

But something feels a little different with the Bengals this year. The trade for Cordy Glenn and finally a few shufflings around the coaching staff has me hopeful that the Bengals are taking some new approaches to strategy this year.

I read that Mack could be on the tradeblock and that 4 teams have already shown interest. I haven't follow much with the Bengals current state of the LB's but I know Tez is suspended and Preston Brown is new. I know LB has been one of our weaker units so I think Mack would have to be an upgrade.

Would he fit in with our system and what might it take to acquire him?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 04:14 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: I don't want to be one of those guys who sees a guy on the tradeblock and thinks the Bengals will instantly go after him. The past how ever many years, it's never happened.

But something feels a little different with the Bengals this year. The trade for Cordy Glenn and finally a few shufflings around the coaching staff has me hopeful that the Bengals are taking some new approaches to strategy this year.

I read that Mack could be on the tradeblock and that 4 teams have already shown interest. I haven't follow much with the Bengals current state of the LB's but I know Tez is suspended and Preston Brown is new. I know LB has been one of our weaker units so I think Mack would have to be an upgrade.

Would he fit in with our system and what might it take to acquire him?

with the money mack wants and the need to pay Geno and Dunlap...   I'd keep geno and dunlap over paying mack

Evans and Brandon Bell has been playing well at LBer for us... Vigil getting some starting snaps too I think.
Reply/Quote
I would not trade for Mack with the price that the raiders want.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He’d be a huge upgrade but I’m not sure we can afford him
Reply/Quote
Bears are giving up 2 first round picks and a player and a boatload of money to pay him Mack would not have been the difference between the Bengals making or not making the playoffs. I'm glad we didn't play.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Holdout Mack in the same locker room with rookie holdout R. Smith...… yeah, that ought to work out well....
Reply/Quote
Going to be a very interesting study over the next couple of years. Curious to see what the "plus" to the 2 first rounders is.
Reply/Quote
Thankfully we have Geno because getting those types of players are hard and expensive. I would take Geno, Dunlap, and Lawson over any other big three in the NFL.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Raiders absolutely have to hit both of those 1st round picks out of the park after trading him and now one of their best receivers is LaFell
Remember when so many people thought Gruden could do absolutely no wrong? He still might pull a rabbit out of his hat, but even one slip up from here on out could be fatal to the Raiders..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 11:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: Raiders absolutely have to hit both of those 1st round picks out of the park after trading him and now one of their best receivers is LaFell
Remember when so many people thought Gruden could do absolutely no wrong? He still might pull a rabbit out of his hat, but even one slip up from here on out could be fatal to the Raiders..  

Well, they did draft Mack.  Maybe they think that he's just that replaceable?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 11:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: Raiders absolutely have to hit both of those 1st round picks out of the park after trading him and now one of their best receivers is LaFell

Yeah this is very hard to gauge right now. If they hit on both 1st rounders, they're geniuses. The Raiders already have the most important piece in Derek Carr. They now have the draft capital to potentially build a great supporting cast around him. If they miss, they just traded away a superstar player and set their franchise back a couple of years and squandered some of Carr's prime years. The part that has me scratching my head is that the shipped a second rounder along with Mack.
Reply/Quote
I was listening to Sirius on the way to work today and they were commenting on the Mack trade for 2 1st rounders. They were talking about the number of players taken in the 1st round, who make it all the way to their 5th year option with the team, without being traded or demoted. They didn't give the exact %, but said it was not very high.... They thought Chicago giving up to unkowns #1's for a proven impact player and a #2 was a smart move.
Reply/Quote