Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kicker
Question 
All this talk on here about offensive line,and defensive line etc. Who's the better or best kicker out there? Lord knows we someone that consistently hit between the uprights!
Reply/Quote
Our kicker missed one kick in three games, and that one due only to a miscommunication. Have an open competition and find the true starter (all I ever asked them to do in the Nugent era), but I'd argue it's hardly our most pressing priority.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2017, 07:28 PM)junglefever67 Wrote: All this talk on here about offensive line,and defensive line etc. Who's the better or best kicker out there? Lord knows we someone  that consistently hit between the uprights!

[Image: 1345059703426_38026.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think it is quite bitterly amusing that we have been conditioned to believe that any kicker not on a team is unemployed because he is total crap. Meanwhile the Steelers sign a scrapheap kicker and he makes 6 FGs in a single playoff game to get them a win while our kicker who had been employed for over a decade costs us multiple games.

What a bitter pill.
Reply/Quote
I used to kick nerf footballs back in the day, by myself. If the ball went directly over the basketball hoop, it's "good.

I am going to be practicing said kicks again.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I broke my big toe practicing to kick extra points and field goals in high school.  I missed kicking the ball by about 3 inches, and kicked the ground in front of the ball instead.  I actually heard my toe "pop".  And consequently, there's really not much doctors can do for a broken toe. 

So, I don't think the Bengals would want to try me out as their new kicker.   
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
For once, the Bengals decided not to overpay for a mediocre kicker.
Bullock's contract details have come out, and they are very favorable to the Bengals.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/2/2/14475474/randy-bullock-contract-details-show-no-lock-bengals-kicker-2017

Essentially, Randy Bullock will get a salary of just $775k in 2017 and $790k in 2018 if he sticks with the team. There is also no guaranteed money, which means no dead money if cut. This is SO much better than the average $2 million a year the Bengals were paying to keep Nugent on board.

I'm very excited to see a true competition because the decision shouldn't be financially based!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2017, 01:48 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote:  I broke my big toe practicing to kick extra points and field goals in high school.  I missed kicking the ball by about 3 inches, and kicked the ground in front of the ball instead.  I actually heard my toe "pop".  And consequently, there's really not much doctors can do for a broken toe. 

So, I don't think the Bengals would want to try me out as their new kicker.   

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote