Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kid Arrested For Making A.......Clock?
(09-18-2015, 10:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Don't mess around with fake bombs in a public school. 

Here is the fault in your argument. What made it a fake bomb? Because a teacher said so? If the kid never presented it as a bomb (in fact denying it was anything other than a clock) then there is no reason to assume it to be one, other than a fear of ones own shadow.
(09-18-2015, 11:18 AM)Au165 Wrote: Here is the fault in your argument. What made it a fake bomb? Because a teacher said so? If the kid never presented it as a bomb (in fact denying it was anything other than a clock) then there is no reason to assume it to be one, other than a fear of ones own shadow.

Don't you realize who you are talking to?

The kid is Muslim.   In Lucie's eyes that is all the proof you need.
(09-18-2015, 10:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Here is the lesson for the kid.   Don't mess around with fake bombs in a public school.    Good for him for leaving but if his parents are dumb enough to send him to another public school then im not sure how that fixes anything.  

When kids do dumb things I have zero sympathy.   Everyone knows how schools are these days.   And schools are very direct in their rules at the beginning of the year.

He didn't mess around with a fake bomb...

And apparently building your own clock is a "dumb thing". He should stick to mowing his lawn and fishing...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-18-2015, 10:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Here is the lesson for the kid. Don't mess around with fake bombs in a public school. Good for him for leaving but if his parents are dumb enough to send him to another public school then im not sure how that fixes anything.

When kids do dumb things I have zero sympathy. Everyone knows how schools are these days. And schools are very direct in their rules at the beginning of the year.

Yeah, this has been refuted already in a manner sufficient enough that I don't feel the need to reiterate the same thing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-18-2015, 10:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Here is the lesson for the kid.   Don't mess around with fake bombs in a public school.    Good for him for leaving but if his parents are dumb enough to send him to another public school then im not sure how that fixes anything.  

When kids do dumb things I have zero sympathy.   Everyone knows how schools are these days.   And schools are very direct in their rules at the beginning of the year.

If schools are so dead set on calling anything a bomb why would they have an engineering class at all?  I had a housemate that was in school to be an engineer and his room looked like a mess of wires and soldering and half dismantled and rebuilt electronics...that's part of engineering, isn't it?  I don't have a technical background, so it all looked like haphazard bomb-making stuff to me.

This kid didn't make a bomb-looking thing for English class or just for the hell of it, he made it for engineering class.  What I want to see is every other thing these students have made for engineering and I want to see that ONLY the one thing built by the Muslim kid looking anything like a bomb to some stupid English teacher and THEN I'll be convinced it was the kid's "fault."

Here, I typed "engineering class project" into google images and this came up:

[Image: IMG_3317.JPG]

So is that a drone that is going to fly into the school and kill a bunch of people?  Maybe it's just supposed to look like a drone that COULD do that in order to cause chaos and panic.  I don't know, I neither attend nor teach engineering.
(09-18-2015, 10:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:   

When kids do dumb things I have zero sympathy.  

You're going to be a miserable parent, if you don't lighten up a bit.  Your girls are still pretty young, trust me when I say they WILL do some dumb things.  Guaranteed.
(09-18-2015, 01:02 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: You're going to be a miserable parent, if you don't lighten up a bit.  Your girls are still pretty young, trust me when I say they WILL do some dumb things.  Guaranteed.

He's right.
I'm about as close to perfection as you can get and I have made a few mistakes.
Ninja
(09-18-2015, 10:26 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Good thing the kid didn't mess around with a fake bomb.

Does this school outlaw clocks from being taken into school? If so, then you have a great point. If not, this post doesn't make much sense.

Not arguing the absurdity of it all. Just saying this is schools today.
(09-18-2015, 01:02 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: You're going to be a miserable parent, if you don't lighten up a bit.  Your girls are still pretty young, trust me when I say they WILL do some dumb things.  Guaranteed.

Yeah I know that.... But I obviously will have more patience with my own kids.

I am expecting loads of dumb things that's why I don't believe in giving kids a wide variety of choices. Narrow and few choices.
(09-19-2015, 12:33 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I know that....  But I obviously will have more patience with my own kids.  

I am expecting loads of dumb things that's why I don't believe in giving kids a wide variety of choices.  Narrow and few choices.

[Image: 80405018.jpg?w=600&h=600&keep_ratio=1]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-19-2015, 12:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 80405018.jpg?w=600&h=600&keep_ratio=1]

Lol

When i give them kill orders then they can start dressing as a mailbox.
(09-19-2015, 12:33 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I know that....  But I obviously will have more patience with my own kids.  

I am expecting loads of dumb things that's why I don't believe in giving kids a wide variety of choices.  Narrow and few choices.

[Image: 52f5550d613c9e3403d2285e84d83775.jpg]
(09-19-2015, 04:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 52f5550d613c9e3403d2285e84d83775.jpg]

The kid in this pic doesn't have many choices, as it's a plastic doll.
Smirk
(09-19-2015, 04:50 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: The kid in this pic doesn't have many choices,  as it's a plastic doll.
Smirk

Perfect!  Can't do anything dumb ever then!

Tongue
(09-19-2015, 05:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Perfect!  Can't do anything dumb ever then!

Tongue

The dude is kind of tall for Amish, too.

But, on topic.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEmSwJTqpgY
This is silly. It doesn't matter what skin color the kid is. The teacher thought it could have possibly been a bomb (and it doesn't look anything like a clock), and it wasn't for a project or anything like that. what if it would have been a bomb? Should the teacher just ignore it? The same thing will happen if a kid brings in a toy that looks like a gun.
(09-20-2015, 12:32 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: This is silly. It doesn't matter what skin color the kid is. The teacher thought it could have possibly been a bomb (and it doesn't look anything like a clock), and it wasn't for a project or anything like that. what if it would have been a bomb? Should the teacher just ignore it? The same thing will happen if a kid brings in a toy that looks like a gun.

http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/44393474947/2nd-grader-suspended-over-gun-shaped-pop-tart

or even playing with food like it's a gun.
(09-20-2015, 12:32 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: This is silly. It doesn't matter what skin color the kid is. The teacher thought it could have possibly been a bomb (and it doesn't look anything like a clock), and it wasn't for a project or anything like that. what if it would have been a bomb? Should the teacher just ignore it? The same thing will happen if a kid brings in a toy that looks like a gun.

Probably would have been all kinds of trouble because they didn't evacuate the school or call a bomb squad or, really, do ANYTHING you should do if there is a potential bomb in the school.

ThumbsUp

Ok, let's just assume it isn't because of his skin color and religion (which it is, but I digress) IF this school has an issue with kids bringing things to school that look like "bombs" it shouldn't have an engineering class.  Again, call me a cynic, but I can't imagine all the white kids brought stuff an English teacher couldn't have misconstrued for a bomb, as well.
(09-20-2015, 11:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, let's just assume it isn't because of his skin color and religion (which it is, but I digress) IF this school has an issue with kids bringing things to school that look like "bombs" it shouldn't have an engineering class.  Again, call me a cynic, but I can't imagine all the white kids brought stuff an English teacher couldn't have misconstrued for a bomb, as well.

Yes let's take away all the classes except the basic 5. Just drop the no tolerance policies. If something happens then so be it. You can not play minority report and pre crime everything.