Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kid Arrested For Making A.......Clock?
(09-29-2015, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why did he show it to his engineering teacher?

How does that play into their evil plot?

The more of your posts I read the more I believe that you are biased against Muslims.  Do you blame women who wear sexy clothes if they get raped?

That's a pretty small sample size for you to make a call like that.
Quite honestly, I don't know a lot of Muslims.
So, I don't have much of an opinion.
What I can tell you is that I've met a few Palestinians and I think I'm on their side.
Would someone who is supposedly against Muslims make such a bold statement ?
:crazy:
(09-29-2015, 03:07 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: That's a pretty small sample size for you to make a call like that.

No it isn't.  It only takes one comment to show how you think.

Maybe if you explained your thinking a little better.

What do you think this family wanted?  What exactly have you read that leads you to this conclusion?  Because I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe this was all some sort of stunt to get the kid arrested.
(09-29-2015, 03:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it isn't.  It only takes one comment to show how you think.

Maybe if you explained your thinking a little better.

What do you think this family wanted?  What exactly have you read that leads you to this conclusion?  Because I have not seen anything that would lead me to believe this was all some sort of stunt to get the kid arrested.

I guess the beginning of my concern was the fact that the clock was not any kind of project, unless you think cracking the plastic case off of a retail alarm clock and placing it in a pencil box qualifies ? (I provided a link on that)

Also, his sister was previously suspended for threatening to blow up the school.
http://allenbwest.com/2015/09/muslim-clock-kids-sister-was-previously-suspended-for/

I'd wager they were still sore over that and wanted to embarrass the school in an act of revenge.

There is also the family's refusal to release the police report.
What do they want to hide ?

You can keep trying, if you like.....but in post #97 I even tried to excuse their poor attitude.
Keep smiling, Freddie !
ThumbsUp
(09-29-2015, 05:02 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Also, his sister was previously suspended for threatening to blow up the school.
http://allenbwest.com/2015/09/muslim-clock-kids-sister-was-previously-suspended-for/

I'd wager they were still sore over that and wanted to embarrass the school in an act of revenge.

So you see the fact that his sister may also have been the victim of discrimination as supporting the school?

I see it as more proof that this school has a problem with discriminating against Muslims.

In fact I believe that many people at this school were already out to get this kid just because of some statements his father had made.
(09-29-2015, 05:02 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: There is also the family's refusal to release the police report.
What do they want to hide ?

If there was "something to hide" then either the school or the police would make it public knowledge to protect themselves from criticism.
(09-29-2015, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you see the fact that his sister may also have been the victim of discrimination as supporting the school?

I see it as more proof that this school has a problem with discriminating against Muslims.

In fact I believe that many people at this school were already out to get this kid just because of some statements his father had made.

That is entirely a possibility.
As I said in post #97, I don't live in the area and do not know the definitive story.
My statement that started your questioning was that I BELIEVED they got what they wanted.
If there were victims of discrimination, they still got what they wanted, as the story is out there now.
So, my statement is kind of valid either way you look at it.
ThumbsUp
(09-29-2015, 05:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If there was "something to hide" then either the school or the police would make it public knowledge to protect themselves from criticism.

They cannot, in the case of a minor.
You KNOW that !
(09-22-2015, 01:53 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Can you show me any information that validates that this was for an assigned engineering project ?

It may not have been assigned, but he definitely took it to school to show to his engineering teacher.  Why would he have done that if he was wanting to use it as a "fake bomb"?

And what part of this clock looked like any type of explosives?  Don't you need some type of explosives to make a bomb or something that looked like a bomb?
(09-29-2015, 05:15 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: They cannot, in the case of a minor.
You KNOW that !

Not true.  Both the police and the school have released several statements about the investigation and interrogation.  

What do YOU think they are trying to hide?
(09-29-2015, 05:14 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If there were victims of discrimination, they still got what they wanted,

Because all victims of discrimination want to be victims of discrimination?

Brilliant logic.
(09-29-2015, 05:02 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I guess the beginning of my concern was the fact that the clock was not any kind of project, unless you think cracking the plastic case off of a retail alarm clock and placing it in a pencil box qualifies ? (I provided a link on that)

People make money selling these things

[Image: il_214x170.822511027_73g8.jpg]
(09-29-2015, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It may not have been assigned, but he definitely took it to school to show to his engineering teacher.  Why would he have done that if he was wanting to use it as a "fake bomb"?

And what part of this clock looked like any type of explosives?  Don't you need some type of explosives to make a bomb or something that looked like a bomb?
Well.... I'm fairly well versed with weapons, but I doubt I could identify explosives (apart from the movie c4).
I really do not expect an every day teacher to know how to identify such things.

(09-29-2015, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not true.  Both the police and the school have released several statements about the investigation and interrogation.  

What do YOU think they are trying to hide?
Apart from generalizations, would you mind providing links ?
I have yet to see specific quotes from the boy and a detailed interrogation timeline.

(09-29-2015, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because all victims of discrimination want to be victims of discrimination?

Brilliant logic.
Being a lawyer, I thought you'd appreciate that.
Wink
(09-29-2015, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People make money selling these things

[Image: il_214x170.822511027_73g8.jpg]

Looks like a vintage travel alarm clock.
Those steampunk weirdos will buy anything.
Tongue

You wrote 4 posts in a row.
I really feel blessed that you think I warrant that much attention.
ThumbsUp
(09-29-2015, 05:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Well.... I'm fairly well versed with weapons, but I doubt I could identify explosives (apart from the movie c4).
I really do not expect an every day teacher to know how to identify such things.

But there were not even any "fake" explosives for a teacher to attempt to identify.

I may not be able to 100% identify explosives either, but I know there are no invisible explosives out there.
(09-29-2015, 05:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You wrote 4 posts in a row.
I really feel blessed that you think I warrant that much attention.
ThumbsUp

It has nothing to do with you.  I ma just making arguments.

But didn't you just respond to four of my posts in a row also?
(09-29-2015, 07:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But there were not even any "fake" explosives for a teacher to attempt to identify.

I may not be able to 100% identify explosives either, but I know there are no invisible explosives out there.

If a kid goes into a school with a fake gun that doesn't even look real the same thing would happen. It's not even about if they thought it was a bomb. It still looked like a bomb. A white kid was playing with a poptart like it was a gun and he was suspended.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-29-2015, 05:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Apart from generalizations, would you mind providing links ?
I have yet to see specific quotes from the boy and a detailed interrogation timeline.

Wait, you are really trying to argue about this issue when you have no idea what the police or school have said about the incident?

No wonder you came to such a silly conclusion about what really happened.
(09-29-2015, 07:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If a kid goes into a school with a fake gun that doesn't even look real the same thing would happen. It's not even about if they thought it was a bomb. It still looked like a bomb. A white kid was playing with a poptart like it was a gun and he was suspended.

The pop tart case is completely different than what happened here, but I am surprised that you think the suspension over the pop-tart was correct.
It still looks like the only story here is "**** Texas".
(09-29-2015, 07:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The pop tart case is completely different than what happened here, but I am surprised that you think the suspension over the pop-tart was correct.

It doesn't matter what's correct. It's what happened. Do I think they should have arrested the kid for the clock? No, but it's not about racism. It's about how schools have a 0 tolerance policy with things like this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-29-2015, 07:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It doesn't matter what's correct. It's what happened. Do I think they should have arrested the kid for the clock? No, but it's not about racism. It's about how schools have a 0 tolerance policy with things like this.

I still say a white kid would not have been treated the same way.

The police investigated this case and declared that there was no "hoax bomb".

So why was the kid still suspended?