Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Kid Cudi Names Song After Burrow And NFL Rank!
(09-28-2022, 11:43 PM)Synric Wrote: I bet a Ben Franklin 70% of Bengals fans had to google the name Kid Cudi... and I didnt even do that lol.

I mean... I know he's not a member of Public Enemy, the Wu Tang Clan, Run DMC, Ruff Ryders, or even G Unit for that matter.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 11:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He was already pretty famous. 

I don't think I've heard any of his songs (or at least I wouldn't know they're his) but kids have asked me about him in my presentations and some of the younger college kids I "talk" to in passing have mentioned him.

I’m sure you have Brad.

Day and night
Soundtrack to my life
Pursuit of happiness

Those are his most famous.

I saw him in 2010 when I was going to Miami university. Cool concert.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 09:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Also I forgot to preemptively complain that these new kid fans will have their pants all sagging on the ground. 

[Image: R.a413ed5198d1682342d6a59ded527902?rik=K...ImgRaw&r=0]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 08:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll play the old curmudgeon card and say that I'm skeptical that having a bunch of damn kids swarming this place because some hippity hoppity rapper name dropped Burrow is going to be a good thing (if it even happens).

Also, I just googled Kid Cudi and the guy is 38 years old.  Geez, even Ricky Nelson started going by Rick in the 70s.  Kid, my arse.

Name dropped ? It's a whole song named Burrow coming out on his album lol..
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 12:04 PM)Tony Wrote: Name dropped ? It's a whole song named Burrow coming out on his album lol..

Nice.  It's the biggest thing since Peter, Paul & Mary sang "The Ballad Of Jack Benny!"
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 10:07 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: OK this isn’t my kind of music but I know Burrow likes him. In fact I had never heard of him until Burrow mentioned his name (I’m not from OHIO nor do I live there so maybe that’s why)

Truthfully, is he more well known because of Burrow or was he already really famous?  Seems like Joe B has made him more popular than he was before?

He was a top 10 rapper before Burrow lol.. Probably top 5..
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 12:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nice.  It's the biggest thing since Peter, Paul & Mary sang "The Ballad Of Jack Benny!"

Who? Lol..
Reply/Quote
Kid Rock called and wants his first name back......
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 12:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Kid Rock called and wants his first name back......

Damn right lol  Rock On Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Burrow-The Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MF2B1llFeM&t=2s

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If this were the 90s and it was Cube or Dre, I'd probably geek out. Now, I'm old and life has sailed on by. I don't know who Kid Cudi even is, but at least it's our Bengals QB getting the props in popular culture.
Reply/Quote
So, synth riff that never evolves-vocal riff that never evolves-verse with a bit of snare and the slightest bit of ambient background synth -rinse and repeat.

I'm not just saying this because it's hip hop, but this is just some lazy songwriting.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 09:12 AM)pally Wrote: Burrow-The Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MF2B1llFeM&t=2s

Thanks for the link. As my kids would say, that song slaps.
Reply/Quote