Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kidnap Gov. Whitmer?
(10-09-2020, 11:29 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I've never seen someone put a comma in the year before.  Man, 2,020 is just the worst!Smirk

Haha, according to some that means I was uber triggered.  I'll chalk it up to having just woke up.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 11:13 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm not here to say the GoP is going full on facist or authoritarian, but as someone who reads a lot of history I can be confident in saying they're hitting a lot of the milestones on that roadway.

[Image: fascism-50-728.jpg]

Sure seems like we have checked a lot of boxes.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And how current are those? 

Department of Homeland Security threat assessment report came out 3 days ago.

Trump appointed Head of Homeland Security Chad Wolf says the following in the report

...I am particularly concerned about white supremacist violent extremists who have been exceptionally lethal in their abhorrent, targeted attacks in recent years. 

...Among DVEs (Domestic Violence Extremists), racially and ethnically motivated violent extremists—specifically white supremacist extremists (WSEs)—will remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the Homeland. 

...We also remain particularly concerned about the impacts from COVID-19 where anti-government and anti-authority violent extremists could be motivated to conduct attacks in response to perceived infringement of liberties and government overreach as all levels of government seek to limit the spread of the coronavirus that has caused a worldwide pandemic.   Ideologies driven by such DVE’s often are reinforced by a variety of online content, including conspiracy theories and political commentary they view as controversial. Current events that DVEs perceive as infringing on their worldviews often contribute to periods of increased ideologically motivated violence, including recently during the COVID-19 pandemic and nationwide lawful protests.

...Other racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists could seek to exploit concerns about social injustice issues to incite violence and exploit otherwise peaceful protests movements

...Anti-government and/or anti-authority violent extremists are likely to be emboldened by a perceived success exploiting otherwise peaceful protest movements and concealing violent tactics. 

Obviously Antifa is just as guilty as the rigth-wing nutjobs of exploiting "lawful" and "peaceful" protests to incite violence, but it good to see that even the Department of Homeland Security recognizes the threat from white supremacists and right-wing anti-government militias who are "protecting their freedom".
Reply/Quote
A point that no one has raised yet, do we know what the ideology of the men charged in this matter? The use of the word militia obviously implies to many a right leaning bent, but there are left leaning militias as well. Has any evidence been released either way?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 12:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A point that no one has raised yet, do we know what the ideology of the men charged in this matter? The use of the word militia obviously implies to many a right leaning bent, but there are left leaning militias as well. Has any evidence been released either way?

Do you have any proof of left wing militias targeting Democratic officials?

I’m guessing not. Think deeply on this one.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 11:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: [Image: fascism-50-728.jpg]

Sure seems like we have checked a lot of boxes.

Yep, and aspiring fascists don’t like it when you point it out to them.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 12:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A point that no one has raised yet, do we know what the ideology of the men charged in this matter?  The use of the word militia obviously implies to many a right leaning bent, but there are left leaning militias as well.  Has any evidence been released either way?

The AG referred to the orgianal group who planned, and later contacted the "Wolverine Watchmen" for assistance, as a white supremacist group.
Reply/Quote
I'm always surprised about how few people on this board will do any of their own research.  They "just ask" things that can be easily found out and then fight about it until they are told.

It certainly doesn't help the conversations.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Could be a kidnapping attempt...could just be a perfectly legal citizen's arrest, according to this sheriff.   Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 02:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Could be a kidnapping attempt...could just be a perfectly legal citizen's arrest, according to this sheriff.   Mellow

We know Ahmaud Albery was probably trying to steal something despite evidence to the contrary and the Wolverine Watchmen were probably trying to execute a citizen’s arrest of the Michigan governor.

Wow, 2020. What a year.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 01:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm always surprised about how few people on this board will do any of their own research.  They "just ask" things that can be easily found out and then fight about it until they are told.

It certainly doesn't help the conversations.

Oh, the irony.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 03:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh, the irony.

Yeah I'd suggest looking up why irony means, but...well, you know.

Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 04:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah I'd suggest looking up why irony means, but...well, you know.

Smirk

You couldn't figure out how to do it?   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 02:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: That damn ANTIFA!

...wait

Well, you could be right.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote