Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kidnap Gov. Whitmer?
(10-08-2020, 09:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Did Madonna try to acquire the explosives to do so? Did she organize recruitment campaigns do get others to help? This is a diversion statement to try to point to the “other side” and say they do it to.

Be better than this.

As far as I know, she didn't do any of that. Unsure where I said she did
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except numerous antifa "ninjas" have been arrested.  Refer to my Portland thread for a few. 

Honestly, I don't recall a lot of specific cases in that thread, outside of your estimate that less than 7% of all violence came from the right. 

I'd put the number of protestors at 93%, sure, but the violence? I think that's a lot more balanced. Like, you know, some militia nutters trying to kidnap a governor.

Quote: Refer to the two lawyers who firebombed police vehicles for another.  For an older example refer to Eric Clanton.

Please, I don't think that's ever been the predominant opinion, especially in the mainstream media.  They've almost tripped over themselves excusing or exculpating the violence at left leaning rallies/protests/riots.

Among who?

Not the justice department. Not the POTUS. Not the GOP. Not GOP-centric media. To them, it's all left.

And that's the issue. You've got people trying to say 'it's both sides' and one side saying 'it's all their fault.'

Quote:Sadly, the actions of many the last four months give him all the ammunition he needs to do so.  

No, it doesn't. Not any more than it gives McGrath the right to say McConnell encourages militias to kidnap elected officials of opposing parties (which she hasn't as she's not a fear mongering sack of crap like Mitch).

Quote:That doesn't change the fact that the media largely mitigates left leaning violence.  

Some do. Just as some media mitigates right leaning violence. I believe Fox has already crowned Rittenhouse their Teen of the Year, a kid who was "all-American" and just trying to "make his town safe" (even though it wasn't even his town).

There's enough variety of the truth these days that people can't fall back on "the media." Not when "the media" has just as many pro-right outlets as there are pro-left.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, they really haven’t. There have been actual FBI reports labeling right wing radical groups as the greatest domestic threat, crazy that this so happens to be an example.There has been no such report on “ANTIFA”. That is simply the “boogeyman” label being used to categorized civil discord across the country.

And how current are those? You can talk about who you think might do what, but over the last four months we are talking about actually doing things. What do you think spurred the man to shoot two cops in the head?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Recently they have been the danger. It’s really not subjective. If you don’t want to blame Antifa directly then we will just say progressives. Someone’s rioting?  Someone cheering the shooting of police.

You think the predominant theme across the country is its the left’s fault!

I know of more alt-right people shooting police than ANTIFA.

ANTIFA isn't really a group like the militias and groups like the boogaloo boys. Their concept, their mindset? Dangerous, but they don't have the same structure as these alt-right groups.

It's like saying Christianity (a concept) is dangerous when it's mostly just The Crazy Pants Church of Tall Hats (a structured group) committing violence.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 08:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You do realize that militias aren't one group right?  You do realize that the "far right" is not just one group right?  You do realize that the Bloods and Crips are not one group right?  Since none of them are one group I guess we don't have to worry about them then, huh?  Also, compring the antifa fascists to our troops who fought against real fascism is an utter insult to the memories of those brave men.  Not to mention those men would have held everything antifa stands for in utter disdain.  Quite trying to earn valor of the backs of men who fought for a noble cause.

No more or less than these LARPing "militia" guys.  I suppose the only real difference is how you, yourself, choose to perceive them.

No, not all militias are one group - but all militias are organized into groups. Bloods are a group. Crips are a group. Antifa is just an extremist idea. People who claim to be members of it admit as much. 

Antifa is literally shorthand for anti-facist, which is what America stood for before the government decided to go full facist. Comparing people who claim antifa to the troops of old is an insult, that's true. But the message (in their head) is the same.

I'm not trying to defend the actions of Antifa here - I'm just telling you what it is and what the followers of it believe in.

Try to remain calm next time; your spelling suffers terribly when you're triggered.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:36 PM)Benton Wrote: Honestly, I don't recall a lot of specific cases in that thread, outside of your estimate that less than 7% of all violence came from the right.

Actually the 7% number is the amount of "peaceful protests" that included violence/vandalism and arson. (If you buy the numbers that is.  Portland alone would seem to skew that number up)  Who committed the violence isn't specified, although I don't know that a lot of far right people are at these types of protests.  The arrests in Portland and Kenosha were predominantly, if not all, far left people.

Quote:I'd put the number of protestors at 93%, sure, but the violence? I think that's a lot more balanced. Like, you know, some militia nutters trying to kidnap a governor.

To be technical, a conspiracy is not actual violence.  Certainly not like field goal kicking a dude in the face, setting buildings on fire or throwing molotov cocktails at police.

Quote:Among who?

Not the justice department. Not the POTUS. Not the GOP. Not GOP-centric media. To them, it's all left.

Sure, they have an agenda.  They are not alone in this.

Quote:And that's the issue. You've got people trying to say 'it's both sides' and one side saying 'it's all their fault.'

I agree it's an issue and it's certainly not a one sided issue.

Quote:No, it doesn't. Not any more than it gives McGrath the right to say McConnell encourages militias to kidnap elected officials of opposing parties (which she hasn't as she's not a fear mongering sack of crap like Mitch).

When has McConnell ever made excuses for right wing militia violence?

Quote:Some do. Just as some media mitigates right leaning violence. I believe Fox has already crowned Rittenhouse their Teen of the Year, a kid who was "all-American" and just trying to "make his town safe" (even though it wasn't even his town).

Not a great example for you to use, seeing as the video evidence, and neutral first hand accounts, entirely support a self defense scenario.

Quote:There's enough variety of the truth these days that people can't fall back on "the media." Not when "the media" has just as many pro-right outlets as there are pro-left.

Outside of Fox there isn't a single right leaning mainstream television news source.  CNN, MSNBC, PBS, etc. all lean to the left to varying degrees.  The majority of mainstream newspapers lean left to varying degrees, the Wall Street Journal's editorial section and the NY Post being the only major exceptions.  We both agree the violence from either spectrum is a problem.  But acting like they're both covered to the same extent by the media is blatantly false.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:51 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: No, not all militias are one group - but all militias are organized into groups. Bloods are a group. Crips are a group. Antifa is just an extremist idea. People who claim to be members of it admit as much.

So Rose City Antifa is not a group?

https://rosecityantifa.org/

By their own admission they've been a group since 2007. 

Quote:Antifa is literally shorthand for anti-facist, which is what America stood for before the government decided to go full facist. Comparing people who claim antifa to the troops of old is an insult, that's true. But the message (in their head) is the same.

Utter bullshit.  Antifa is no more antifascist then the Democratic Republic of North Korea is democratic or a republic.  

Quote:I'm not trying to defend the actions of Antifa here - I'm just telling you what it is and what the followers of it believe in.

I don't need your assistance in that regard, especially as it appears to be woefully ill informed.

Quote:Try to remain calm next time; your spelling suffers terribly when you're triggered.

Heh, projection is an obvious deflection.  I deal with people on a daily basis far more aggravating than dude on a message board.  Quit trying to give yourself a moral victory and stick to trying to make a cogent point or two. 

I'll give you props for liking The Witcher though.  
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: When has McConnell ever made excuses for right wing militia violence?

None that I know of. The point is, he's cashing in on the idea that it's all leftist violence (which is false).

Quote:Not a great example for you to use, seeing as the video evidence, and neutral first hand accounts, entirely support a self defense scenario.

Eh, depends on the video evidence, first hand accounts and other information. I mean, I always wear rubber gloves when I'm intent on peacefully protesting with a rifle. And I always shoot people in the back when I'm defending myself. You never know when a guy will turn around with malicious intent. 

Mellow

Quote:Outside of Fox there isn't a single right leaning mainstream television news source.  CNN, MSNBC, PBS, etc. all lean to the left to varying degrees.  The majority of mainstream newspapers lean left to varying degrees, the Wall Street Journal's editorial section and the NY Post being the only major exceptions.  We both agree the violence from either spectrum is a problem.  But acting like they're both covered to the same extent by the media is blatantly false.

Well, yes... and no.

Fox is the highest rated among cable news networks. So, among the three leaning networks (CNN, FOX, MSNBC), it's in the minority, but still has higher ratings than the others. I got a chuckle out of calling PBS as partisan. Their stories tend to focus on human interest issues, but that doesn't make them partisan. 

But you're leaving out things like Blaze TV, NewsMax, One America (which might as well just rename itself as the Trump News Network), and the likes of  live streaming entities like InfoWars. The far right is well represented in its slant on news.

As far as newspapers, eh, that's harder to peg down. The general rule is reporters tend to lean left, editorial boards and publishers tend to lean right. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So Rose City Antifa is not a group?

https://rosecityantifa.org/

By their own admission they've been a group since 2007. 

Utter bullshit.  Antifa is no more antifascist then the Democratic Republic of North Korea is democratic or a republic.  

I don't need your assistance in that regard, especially as it appears to be woefully ill informed.

Heh, projection is an obvious deflection.  I deal with people on a daily basis far more aggravating than dude on a message board.  Quit trying to give yourself a moral victory and stick to trying to make a cogent point or two. 

I'll give you props for liking The Witcher though.  

Cool - you found one group claiming to be Antifa. Compare that to the number of right-wing militias and Boogaloo groups and we'll talk.

As I've said a million times - extreme beliefs are always bad, and I'm not defending Antifa's goals or mindset.

Apparently you do, since you keep calling all of Antifa a group. By your logic, all gang members are Bloods because they do the same thing.

Perhaps I misspoke saying you were triggered - maybe you really just don't know how to spell quit or off.
Reply/Quote
Why hasn't Trump addressed this, yet? I dont care if ya love or hate the guy. If this was an antifa group plotting to kidnap or murder the Governor of Mississippi, I have a feeling he would've already made a thousand tweets about it. This is something that should concern everyone. Not sure how anyone can excuse this. We shall see what he eventually says. *shrugs*
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 10:19 PM)jmccracky Wrote: Why hasn't Trump addressed this, yet? I dont care if ya love or hate the guy. If this was an antifa group plotting to kidnap or murder the Governor of Mississippi, I have a feeling he would've already made a thousand tweets about it. This is something that should concern everyone. Not sure how anyone can excuse this. We shall see what he eventually says. *shrugs*

He did. Sorta. He had miller go bash her on fox news after she criticized him for encouraging these guys.

Instead of coming out to condemn it, he responded (indirectly) to his criticism of not condemning it. 
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1314332502379704320?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Trump campaign fundraising email. 

[Image: Ej1yWp3XsAA7Au9?format=jpg&name=small]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 12:17 AM)Dill Wrote: https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1314332502379704320?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Trump campaign fundraising email. 

[Image: Ej1yWp3XsAA7Au9?format=jpg&name=small]

825% matched by who?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 08:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Absurd.  Antifa originated, and is actually larger, in Europe (especially Germany) which is, by the account of every left leaning person in the US, far more liberal than the US, especially the current administration.  So miss me with this ham fisted attempt at downplaying, or excusing, the excesses of these complete POS's.

Why are they here?

Because Republicans are turning fascist.

I don't give a shit if you don't like the comparison. I'd be embarrassed to be called a Republican, too.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Words...it's only words.  What was in his heart?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 03:28 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Because Republicans are turning fascist.

False. But, thanks for playing! Roddy, tell him what he's taking home as a consolation prize!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 09:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: False. But, thanks for playing! Roddy, tell him what he's taking home as a consolation prize!

I'm not here to say the GoP is going full on facist or authoritarian, but as someone who reads a lot of history I can be confident in saying they're hitting a lot of the milestones on that roadway.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 03:28 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Why are they here?

Because college kids from wealthy families can't find a job with their gender studies degree.

Quote:Because Republicans are turning fascist.

Oooohhh, my ideological opponents are evil!  You're quite the deep thinker.

Quote:I don't give a shit if you don't like the comparison. I'd be embarrassed to be called a Republican, too.

Not sure if this was meant to hurt my feelings but I've never voted for a Republican candidate.  I'd have happily voted for McCain in 2,000, but sadly he did not get the nomination.  
Reply/Quote
Are these the same guys responsible for the Bowling Green massacre?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 11:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Because college kids from wealthy families can't find a job with their gender studies degree.

Oooohhh, my ideological opponents are evil!  You're quite the deep thinker.

Not sure if this was meant to hurt my feelings but I've never voted for a Republican candidate.  I'd have happily voted for McCain in 2,000, but sadly he did not get the nomination.  

I've never seen someone put a comma in the year before.  Man, 2,020 is just the worst!Smirk
Reply/Quote