Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kidnap Gov. Whitmer?
(10-08-2020, 07:07 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That gosh darned Antifa at it again!

...wait...

Why is everyone acting like there can only be one group to be concerned about at one time?  How about we deal with the bullshit from antifa and these right wing asshats as well?  Can we not all agree that both are a problem and both need to be dealt with.
Reply/Quote
I know how to get rid of anti-fa

Republicans stop being fascist.

Problem solved.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 06:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will not wish Whitner was kidnapped and killed like many Democrats hoped for Trump and the China virus.

There is no place in society for this to happy, happy they caught them and if proven guilty hope they never see the outside world again. No place for violence, looting and destruction due to not like someone's political view.

I STILL wish someone would kidnap and kill the Coronavirus.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 07:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why is everyone acting like there can only be one group to be concerned about at one time?  How about we deal with the bullshit from antifa and these right wing asshats as well?  Can we not all agree that both are a problem and both need to be dealt with.

You do realize Antifa isn't a group, right? A group indicates central leadership, or a unified front. Antifa lacks both. It's an idea more than anything, and one America used to actively engage in, so much so we engaged in actual wars over it.

These children throwing rocks and breaking windows aren't a group - they're exactly as I just described and nothing more.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 06:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, sure does.

[Image: OIP.bKQATnWxoE3J74kOzDlbhQHaE7?pid=Api&rs=1]

[Image: rapper-snoop-dogg-targets-trump-as-disgu...iled-2.jpg]

The Tweet your posting is from April, before this happened. But you knew that.

Do those examples square with the 1st Amendment? 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 07:57 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I know how to get rid of anti-fa

Republicans stop being fascist.

Problem solved.

Absurd.  Antifa originated, and is actually larger, in Europe (especially Germany) which is, by the account of every left leaning person in the US, far more liberal than the US, especially the current administration.  So miss me with this ham fisted attempt at downplaying, or excusing, the excesses of these complete POS's.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 08:01 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You do realize Antifa isn't a group, right? A group indicates central leadership, or a unified front. Antifa lacks both. It's an idea more than anything, and one America used to actively engage in, so much so we engaged in actual wars over it.

You do realize that militias aren't one group right?  You do realize that the "far right" is not just one group right?  You do realize that the Bloods and Crips are not one group right?  Since none of them are one group I guess we don't have to worry about them then, huh?  Also, compring the antifa fascists to our troops who fought against real fascism is an utter insult to the memories of those brave men.  Not to mention those men would have held everything antifa stands for in utter disdain.  Quite trying to earn valor of the backs of men who fought for a noble cause.

Quote:These children throwing rocks and breaking windows aren't a group - they're exactly as I just described and nothing more.

No more or less than these LARPing "militia" guys.  I suppose the only real difference is how you, yourself, choose to perceive them.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 06:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Michigan AG said more charges may follow so maybe they want to make sure they go through the justice system and are actually proven guilty (I think they are) which recent jumps to guilty before proven innocent is not our justice system.

This is such gaslighting. If they were Muslim the headline would 100% read “Suspected terrorist group allegedly planned to overthrow government according to FBI”.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 07:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why is everyone acting like there can only be one group to be concerned about at one time?  How about we deal with the bullshit from antifa and these right wing asshats as well?  Can we not all agree that both are a problem and both need to be dealt with.

Because the popular opinion of many is that the only violence and danger are from these ANTIFA ninjas who are apparently so skilled they can't catch one. Yet we have arrest after arrest of alt-right and militia violence... and many still paint the issue as one of the left.

Sure, we need to deal with both sides. As somebody who doesn't like either side any more, I hope y'all sort your crap out. Hopefully we'll stop hearing the same thing we've heard for the last four years: it's all the left's fault.

Hell, even as I type this, there's a McConnell ad on talking about how McGrath (his opponent) is advocating for mob rule and lawlessness and violence.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 06:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, sure does.

[Image: OIP.bKQATnWxoE3J74kOzDlbhQHaE7?pid=Api&rs=1]

[Image: rapper-snoop-dogg-targets-trump-as-disgu...iled-2.jpg]

The Tweet your posting is from April, before this happened. But you knew that.

Correct. In order to incite, the act must occur before the action. That tweet, along with another framing the governor as the enemy of The people that he deleted, came before these events however it does not change the fact he has encouraged use of force against opponents. Must a terroristic act occur immediately after the command for it to be terrorisim? Do they not get a grace period to plan?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 08:01 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You do realize Antifa isn't a group, right? A group indicates central leadership, or a unified front. Antifa lacks both. It's an idea more than anything, and one America used to actively engage in, so much so we engaged in actual wars over it.

These children throwing rocks and breaking windows aren't a group - they're exactly as I just described and nothing more.

Antifa needs someone in charge like the President of Militias.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 08:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Correct. In order to incite, the act must occur before the action. That tweet, along with another framing the governor as the enemy of The people that he deleted, came before these events however it does not change the fact he has encouraged use of force against opponents. Must a terroristic act occur immediately after the command for it to be terrorisim? Do they not get a grace period to plan?

You have to positively connect it and not just guess. I’m guessing you’d have to prove intent as well. If he tweets “We have to get Whitmer out of office” and some dudes go kidnap her and say Trump’s tweet led us to it, do you blame Trump?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You have to positively connect it and not just guess.

Correct, and I’m sure we will learn more at their trials. It does seem odd that the right wing terrorist group went after the government of the state which Trump tweeted to liberate though isn’t it?

As to your edited post, if a history of tweets/statements encouraged the “removal” of someone by any means necessary then yes.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 08:49 PM)Benton Wrote: Because the popular opinion of many is that the only violence and danger are from these ANTIFA ninjas who are apparently so skilled they can't catch one. Yet we have arrest after arrest of alt-right and militia violence... and many still paint the issue as one of the left.

Except numerous antifa "ninjas" have been arrested.  Refer to my Portland thread for a few.  Refer to the two lawyers who firebombed police vehicles for another.  For an older example refer to Eric Clanton.

Quote:Sure, we need to deal with both sides. As somebody who doesn't like either side any more, I hope y'all sort your crap out. Hopefully we'll stop hearing the same thing we've heard for the last four years: it's all the left's fault.

Please, I don't think that's ever been the predominant opinion, especially in the mainstream media.  They've almost tripped over themselves excusing or exculpating the violence at left leaning rallies/protests/riots.

Quote:Hell, even as I type this, there's a McConnell ad on talking about how McGrath (his opponent) is advocating for mob rule and lawlessness and violence.

Sadly, the actions of many the last four months give him all the ammunition he needs to do so.  That doesn't change the fact that the media largely mitigates left leaning violence.  Again, I think they both deserve attention, others apparently do not.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Correct, and I’m sure we will learn more at their trials. It does seem odd that the right wing terrorist group went after the government of the state which Trump tweeted to liberate though isn’t it?

As to your edited post, if a history of tweets/statements encouraged the “removal” of someone by any means necessary then yes.

I’m a little confused. My fault not yours because I don’t keep up with everything. What’s the by any means necessary?

Reply/Quote
I hope these folks get persecuted. But I also hoped Madonna did when she exclaimed she's though a lot about blowing up the White House.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 08:49 PM)Benton Wrote: Because the popular opinion of many is that the only violence and danger are from these ANTIFA ninjas who are apparently so skilled they can't catch one. Yet we have arrest after arrest of alt-right and militia violence... and many still paint the issue as one of the left.

Sure, we need to deal with both sides. As somebody who doesn't like either side any more, I hope y'all sort your crap out. Hopefully we'll stop hearing the same thing we've heard for the last four years: it's all the left's fault.

Hell, even as I type this, there's a McConnell ad on talking about how McGrath (his opponent) is advocating for mob rule and lawlessness and violence.

Recently they have been the danger. It’s really not subjective. If you don’t want to blame Antifa directly then we will just say progressives. Someone’s rioting? Someone cheering the shooting of police.

You think the predominant theme across the country is its the left’s fault!

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m a little confused. My fault not yours because I don’t keep up with everything. What’s the by any means necessary?

Your hypothetical, I’m adding a qualifier to when it would be his fault. I think a history needs to be established or it needs to be understood as an order. It’s not likely anything would ever come to it because we have shown his tweets are “just joking” when they are negative or potentially libelous.

In this case, I do think it is related because there is no coincidence in which government was targeted. I don’t think however anything would stick to Trump, this is just par for his presidency.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Recently they have been the danger. It’s really not subjective. If you don’t want to blame Antifa directly then we will just say progressives. Someone’s rioting? Someone cheering the shooting of police.

You think the predominant theme across the country is its the left’s fault!

No, they really haven’t. There have been actual FBI reports labeling right wing radical groups as the greatest domestic threat, crazy that this so happens to be an example.There has been no such report on “ANTIFA”. That is simply the “boogeyman” label being used to categorized civil discord across the country.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hope these folks get persecuted. But I also hoped Madonna did when she exclaimed she's though a lot about blowing up the White House.

Did Madonna try to acquire the explosives to do so? Did she organize recruitment campaigns do get others to help? This is a diversion statement to try to point to the “other side” and say they do it to.

Be better than this.
Reply/Quote