Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kimmel insults Gingrich
(04-12-2018, 01:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: I thought the "Age of Trump" meant that the right was going to celebrate the "non-pc" things and stop being offended by everything?

Bunch of snowflakes.
Are folks really trying to push the 2 wrongs make a right fallacy? I had zero idea about the Hannity (must have been why I saw the video clip so late) spat and do not see how it is relevant. But I'm probably one of the few here that don't watch Fox News, MSNBC, or CNN talk shows. I will tune in when they are covering a breaking story or when I'm channel surfiing and Kimberly Guilfoyle is on.

As to Kimmel, I really haven't watched late night since Johnny Carson; I just found a professed liberal making fun of the way an immigrant speaks to be the epitome of hypocrisy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-12-2018, 05:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are folks really trying to push the 2 wrongs make a right fallacy? I had zero idea about the Hannity (must have been why I saw the video clip so late) spat and do not see how it is relevant. But I'm probably one of the few here that don't watch Fox News, MSNBC, or CNN talk shows. I will tune in when they are covering a breaking story or when I'm channel surfiing and Kimberly Guilfoyle is on.

As to Kimmel, I really haven't watched late night since Johnny Carson; I just found a professed liberal making fun of the way an immigrant speaks to be the epitome of hypocrisy.
I think he was making a joke about how she still has a strong accent after  being in this country for twenty years.
Also, Hannity calling out Kimmel is the real joke considering all the fun he made of Michelle Obama. He is the real hypocrite.
Personally, I didn't find that joke too funny.
(04-12-2018, 05:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are folks really trying to push the 2 wrongs make a right fallacy? I had zero idea about the Hannity (must have been why I saw the video clip so late) spat and do not see how it is relevant. But I'm probably one of the few here that don't watch Fox News, MSNBC, or CNN talk shows. I will tune in when they are covering a breaking story or when I'm channel surfiing and Kimberly Guilfoyle is on.

Oh, so you didn't see it as a joke.  From a guy telling jokes.

Did you complain about Johnny Carson making jokes about Nancy Reagan? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/07/how-nancy-reagan-got-destroyed-by-the-media/?utm_term=.1c4dce3daec2

Quote:Headline writers spoke of her “New China Policy,” as the New York Times reported at the time. Comedian Johnny Carson joked of her “favorite junk food — caviar.”

Or liberals making jokes about Michelle Obama?

https://www.thoughtco.com/michelle-obama-jokes-2733976

Quote:"First lady Michelle Obama wore a suit to the State of the Union last night that apparently had also been worn by Julianna Margulies' character on the 'The Good Wife.' They both wore the same outfit, which is why Obama just passed an executive action ordering Us Weekly to say Michelle wore it better." –Jimmy Fallon

"Tonight President Obama blew out the candles on the gluten-free broccoli and carrot loaf from Michelle, and then cried himself to sleep. She did let him smell a piece of cake." –Jimmy Kimmel

I know, I know.  We'll be told that you hold both sides and everyone to the same standards and if you didn't already call them out you missed it and would have done so.

I've seen this movie before.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-12-2018, 10:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: As a pretty funny joke?  Yep.

But I went on to the context of the discussion that was on line and around the country...not just one guy getting his panty in a bunch of a joke.  That some people didn't think was funny.

Carry on.

Ok I think I figured out where we went astray. I wasn’t questioning why Hannity would be brought up as being a hypocrite, I was wondering why you brought him up to me. But since Hannity was in your post I quoted you may have thought I was referring to that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-12-2018, 05:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I just found a professed liberal making fun of the way an immigrant speaks to be the epitome of hypocrisy.

And at the same time refuse to comment on Hannity's hypocrisy.

How centrist of you.
(04-12-2018, 05:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: 1) Oh, so you didn't see it as a joke.  From a guy telling jokes.

2) Did you complain about Johnny Carson making jokes about Nancy Reagan? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/07/how-nancy-reagan-got-destroyed-by-the-media/?utm_term=.1c4dce3daec2

3) Or liberals making jokes about Michelle Obama?

https://www.thoughtco.com/michelle-obama-jokes-2733976

4) I know, I know.  We'll be told that you hold both sides and everyone to the same standards and if you didn't already call them out you missed it and would have done so.

I've seen this movie before.

1) No I didn't see it as a joke; as I perceive jokes as being funny. He was making fun of the way someone talked while she was taking time out of her schedule to read to children. So no; I didn't see the joke. Apparently you did.

2) Most likely not, but I was about 12 years old and I don't think social media was as big of a deal as it is today.

3) If anyone made fun of Michelle's physical traits then no, I did not find that funny

4) I've spoken out against insults about  Michelle numerous times in this forum.

You're really doubling down on the 2 wrongs make a right fallacy aren't you? 

(04-12-2018, 06:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And at the same time refuse to comment on Hannity's hypocrisy.

How centrist of you.

As I said I was unaware of the Hannity comments and his name was not introduced into this thread about Jimmy Kimmel until some around here tried to deflect from a liberal making fun of the way an immigrant speaks. It wasn't simply an off-handed comment, it was the entire reasoning behind his lame attempt at humor.

Earlier I said a professed liberal making fun of the speech of an immigrant was the epitome of hypocrisy; I stand corrected. The true epitome is self-professed liberals trying to excuse and/or support it. Many folks are showing their true colors. 

As to Hannity: The limited exposure I've had to him would lead me to believe he is a hypocritical ass. not worth of me giving him much attention.

(04-12-2018, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1) No I didn't see it as a joke; as I perceive jokes as being funny. He was making fun of the way someone talked while she was taking time out of her schedule to read to children. So no; I didn't see the joke. Apparently you did.

Aww....you don't get jokes. That's a shame. As Mrs. Trump was NOT the subject of the joke. See you don't have to find it funny...that's the beauty of it. But complaining because you didn't understand it? Very small.

(04-12-2018, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2) Most likely not, but I was about 12 years old and I don't think social media was as big of a deal as it is today.

But does it bother you now? Because the premise your Kimmel post was it was a joke at the expense of the FLOTUS. Should NO jokes be made about them, or just ones you get and find funny?

(04-12-2018, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3) If anyone made fun of Michelle's physical traits then no, I did not find that funny

If you say so.

(04-12-2018, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 4) I've spoken out against insults about  Michelle numerous times in this forum.

Yes. Indeed. Usually under the "If anyone did it I'd speak out" and then when presented with example of it being done in threads you participated in and said nothing....well, nothing. Smirk

[quote='bfine32' pid='537773' dateline='1523570483']You're really doubling down on the 2 wrongs make a right fallacy aren't you? 

And ya still don't want to acknowledge understand the explanation of why Hannity was introduced and what it means to tell a joke versus attacking someone for political points. That's adorable.

(04-12-2018, 07:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said I was unaware of the Hannity comments and his name was not introduced into this thread about Jimmy Kimmel until some around here tried to deflect from a liberal making fun of the way an immigrant speaks. It wasn't simply an off-handed comment, it was the entire reasoning behind his lame attempt at humor.

Earlier I said a professed liberal making fun of the speech of an immigrant was the epitome of hypocrisy; I stand corrected. The true epitome is self-professed liberals trying to excuse and/or support it. Many folks are showing their true colors. 

As to Hannity: The limited exposure I've had to him would lead me to believe he is a hypocritical ass. not worth of me giving him much attention.

The first time I see a similar comment standing up for immigrants when our resident xenophobes post I'll believe the above a little bit. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-12-2018, 08:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Aww....you don't get jokes.  That's a shame.  As Mrs. Trump was NOT the subject of the joke.  See you don't have to find it funny...that's the beauty of it.  But complaining because you didn't understand it?  Very small.

But does it bother you now?  Because the premise your Kimmel post was it was a joke at the expense of the FLOTUS.  Should NO jokes be made about them, or just ones you get and find funny?

If you say so.

And ya still don't want to acknowledge understand the explanation of why Hannity was introduced and what it means to tell a joke versus attacking someone for political points.  That's adorable.

The first time I see a similar comment standing up for immigrants when our resident xenophobes post I'll believe the above a little bit.  ThumbsUp
I get jokes just fine and I totally understand why Hannity was brought into the discussion. I just do not find making fun of someones physical traits funny; especially when they are reading to children. But it's not about FLOTUS somehow.  

Zero jokes should be made about any FLOTUS based solely on their physical characteristics. Apparently you disagree and the usually vocal majority obviously does as well; as you speak for them.

I do say so and have said so plenty

Assuming I'm not a resident xenophobe as I has said repeatedly that DACA should be scrapped and a pathway to citizenship should be available to those that were brought here as juveniles and have proven to be productive/ law abiding citizens.