Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King Arthur: LOTS
Love these time period movies; especially the ones about medieval England. Also a big fan of Charlie Hunnam. So definitely looking forward to this one.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just see Jax Teller anymore whenever I see Charlie Hunnam.  I really REALLY REALLY want to love this movie, but I'm going to be hesitant with it.

I'm with you Bfine on these time period movies.  Love 'em! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Big fan of that stuff until magic and dragons show up. Then I'm out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Just wanted to bump this one as it starts today. Plan on checking it out over the weekend. If I do I'll post a review. If anyone else sees it please do likewise

Reply/Quote
If you have not seen it yet, you might really like "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix. It does pretty good as far as staying with actual events and history (it demonstrates just how complex a formation the Shield Wall was).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 12:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to bump this one as it starts today. Plan on checking it out over the weekend. If I do I'll post a review. If anyone else sees it please do likewise

My wife saw it last month in a early screening and she really liked it.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 12:25 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: If you have not seen it yet, you might really like "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix. It does pretty good as far as staying with actual events and history (it demonstrates just how complex a formation the Shield Wall was).

Yeah but they completely miscast Uhtred.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2017, 12:25 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: If you have not seen it yet, you might really like "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix. It does pretty good as far as staying with actual events and history (it demonstrates just how complex a formation the Shield Wall was).

Haven't looked at that series yet; however, I have watched Vikings and they were all about the Shield Wall. Will definitely put The Last Kingdom on the watchlist.

Reply/Quote

Good call on The Last Kingdom. Just finished both seasons. Sorta mirrors Vikings on Amazon. 

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good call on The Last Kingdom. Just finished both seasons. Sorta mirrors Vikings on Amazon. 

Thought you might like it. They did a good job. A lot of real history in it as well. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
2 movies on net flix I liked

ARN: Knights Templar
and
Iron clad

And while not a dated show some might like the newer series from AMC into the badlands... (society is ran by Lords again and the only weapons are swords/and the like) Kinda has a political side to it but mostly about the action.
Reply/Quote
So was the King Arthur movie good or not?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 11:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So was the King Arthur movie good or not?

Must admit I haven't seen it, but I've heard it is the first flop of the Summer. Looks like I'll wait for video. Little wonder I haven't been to a theater since Darkman

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 11:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So was the King Arthur movie good or not?

Critics are destroying it, and the box office numbers are really bad. Word of mouth is that people who actually went to see it liked it. May check it out when it's on video.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 04:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 2 movies on net flix I liked

ARN: Knights Templar
and
Iron clad

And while not a dated show  some might like the newer series from AMC into the badlands...  (society is ran by Lords again and the only weapons are swords/and the like)  Kinda has a political side to it but mostly about the action.

There is a trilogy that it's based on if that interest you.

Reply/Quote