Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King/Gary/Mangold
We got our youthful jolt of speed in the draft (helluva draft btw)
But how are we gonna give Andy time and open up holes for Mixon??
Pretty simple really. It wouldn't cost the team too much to sign King Dunlap, Gary Barnidge, and Nick Mangold. Sure, they're a bit "long in the tooth", but I bet ya at least 2 out of the 3 will still be serviceable for a year or two.
Then, after going deep into the playoffs, we can focus on drafting TE and OLine high in '18......
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 02:14 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: We got our youthful jolt of speed in the draft (helluva draft btw)
But how are we gonna give Andy time and open up holes for Mixon??
Pretty simple really. It wouldn't cost the team too much to sign King Dunlap, Gary Barnidge, and Nick Mangold. Sure, they're a bit "long in the tooth", but I bet ya at least 2 out of the 3 will still be serviceable for a year or two.
Then, after going deep into the playoffs, we can focus on  drafting  TE and OLine high in '18......

While everyone is healthy, the Bengals will not pursue any more outside FAs prior to the start of the season. If you bring in one of these guys, you're preventing one of the current players from seeing playing time.
Bringing in Dunlap would mean Fisher or Ogbuehi would be benched. That won't happen since you need to see what they have before you write them off. They still have 2 years left on their rookie deals (plus the option on Ogbuehi if the Bengals pick it up).
While I would like Mangold the most, the Bengals won't bench Bodine when he's been the starter every year and entering a contract year. They will let him play out his contract to see if he's worth another contract.
Barnidge might make sense in the short term, but he'd be blocking the playing time of Kroft and Uzomah. We know the Bengals are high on both and Kroft was hurt last year, so he's probably better than what we've seen so far. If the Bengals were to bring in another TE, I'd want it to be a good young TE that could potentially be a replacement for Eifert if he leaves in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would bring in Dunlap to kick the tires. Signed as a backup. Who is ceds backup currently? Is winston backing up both tackle spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 09:42 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I would bring in Dunlap to kick the tires.  Signed as a backup.  Who is ceds backup currently?  Is winston backing up both tackle spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is likely to happen is that Winston is primary OT backup for both and then Smith would swing to RT if needed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
would love barnage and a rental on Mangold... Not sure its in the budget if they are planning to extend burfict and Eifert this offseason. Barnage is an upgrade over any TE not named Eifert on the roster.

Mangold could start at center or backup either OG spot if needed I believe.

Not sure they will sign another vet backup OT with Winston and A Smith on board already
Reply/Quote
I'd be ok with Mangold

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote