Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiper Answers fan's questions
(03-09-2021, 06:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right now, it's looks to be down to Daryl Williams and Matt Feiler.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the following happen:
- 1 quality starting OL signed in FA (Daryl Williams, Ricky Wagner, Matt Feiler, or whoever)
- Quinton Spain re-signed to compete for a starting OG spot
- 1 OL drafted no later than Rd 3 (OG if OT signed in FA, OT if OG signed in FA)

It wouldn't be the most exciting way to address the OL, but it might be the most logical.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wish this was a better year for pass rushers.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 04:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: from what i have read off some steeler sites.. he much more a guard than a tackle.. so i don;t see him as a great fit at tackle but guard yes and will probably come at a nice price tag.. so would not be a bad pickup.. just not as established as other FAs so worry a bit about if he was helped more by what was around him... im ok if we are in  that 8  million range.. anything above 10 m  im not sure about...

He played RT in 2018 and 2019 and scored higher in overall grades and pass block efficiency than Bobby Hart ever has, much higher in 2019 (his second year there) before moving to LG this past season and playing below average (while still maintaining a good PBE grade--just a poor run blocker). 

He gave up the 18th least amount of pressures in 2018 at T and 14th least in 2019 at T. He's just fine at T. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 08:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He played RT in 2018 and 2019 and scored higher in overall grades and pass block efficiency than Bobby Hart ever has, much higher in 2019 (his second year there) before moving to LG this past season and playing below average (while still maintaining a good PBE grade--just a poor run blocker). 

He gave up the 18th least amount of pressures in 2018 at T and 14th least in 2019 at T. He's just fine at T. 

First as I use PFF also but it is not God, we know that as PFF graded Hart out ok especially in sacks, pressures but most on here think he was horrible.. guess some Steelers see it the same way... I still like my man Alejandro Villanaueva better at tackle... but Feiler would be cheaper.. another reason im not too excited.. the Steelers are not going to see 3 starters leave the line i feel... with Pouncey retire and Villanaueva outside of their cap hit.. Feiler is the cheaper option and I feel will sign him...
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 04:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Matt Feiler had his best year in 2019 at Right Tackle for the Steelers. Most Steelers fans want to resign Feiler and move him back to Right Tackle and keep Kevin Dotsonat Left Guard who had a solid year as a rookie in 2020 for the Steelers.

Here is a fan poll on the subject.
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/1/9/22221695/if-matt-feiler-returns-for-sundays-game-how-do-the-steelers-handle-the-offensive-line-kevin-dotson

That said the Steelers run a power gap scheme so if the Bengals do switch to a Wide Zone then Matt Feiler would probably fit better at Left Guard over Right Tackle because the wide zone requires more athleticism. He may actually not fit well at all. If the Bengals continie with the inside zone we seen in 2020 he could peobably play either Right Tackle or Left Guard.

What makes you say that? Feiler does not lack the athleticism to play in a wide zone. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 09:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  First as I use PFF also but it is not God, we know that as PFF graded Hart out ok especially in sacks, pressures but most on here think he was horrible.. guess some Steelers see it the same way... I still like my man Alejandro Villanaueva better at tackle... but Feiler would be cheaper.. another reason im not too excited.. the Steelers are not going to see 3 starters leave the line i feel... with Pouncey retire and Villanaueva outside of their cap hit.. Feiler is the cheaper option and I feel will sign him...

No. Hart gave up the 4th most pressures in 2020, 14th most in 2019 and 12th most in 2018--15th most sacks in 2020, 16th most in 2019 and 3rd most in 2018. That's out of 56, 56 and 52 eligible tackles, respectively. 

He was not good in any way, shape or form in any remotely consistent way. 

Villanaueva is a decent LEFT TACKLE--something the Bengals already have and don't need to upgrade--but he's also 4 years older and gives up more pressures than Feiler does--who just happens to be the RIGHT TACKLE that the Bengals need. 

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 05:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me to see the following happen:
- 1 quality starting OL signed in FA (Daryl Williams, Ricky Wagner, Matt Feiler, or whoever)
- Quinton Spain re-signed to compete for a starting OG spot
- 1 OL drafted no later than Rd 3 (OG if OT signed in FA, OT if OG signed in FA)

It wouldn't be the most exciting way to address the OL, but it might be the most logical.

Pretty underwhelming.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 09:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What makes you say that? Feiler does not lack the athleticism to play in a wide zone. 

I don't know if he could or couldn't. 

He's an undrafted free agent that did not tell well athletic wise and has only been in a Man/Gap system in Pittsburgh. I like Feiler and have been talking about bringing him to the Bengals since last offseason but now that they are talking wide zone again I'm a bit more apprehensive.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 10:10 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't know if he could or couldn't. 

He's an undrafted free agent that did not tell well athletic wise and has only been in a Man/Gap system in Pittsburgh. I like Feiler and have been talking about bringing him to the Bengals since last offseason but now that they are talking wide zone again I'm a bit more apprehensive.

I've watched some of his tape (NFL gamepass) and he looks to be up to the task. He moves pretty well in space with good balance.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 10:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. Hart gave up the 4th most pressures in 2020, 14th most in 2019 and 12th most in 2018--15th most sacks in 2020, 16th most in 2019 and 3rd most in 2018. That's out of 56, 56 and 52 eligible tackles, respectively. 

He was not good in any way, shape or form in any remotely consistent way. 

Villanaueva is a decent LEFT TACKLE--something the Bengals already have and don't need to upgrade--but he's also 4 years older and gives up more pressures than Feiler does--who just happens to be the RIGHT TACKLE that the Bengals need. 

I totally disagree Villanaueva is solid and will be a starting LT  if he wants next year and is still young with just 6 years of play and extremely healthy...
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 07:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I wish this was a better year for pass rushers.

It's even worse for corners.  At least free agency is loaded with pass rushers.  The corner market is dry as a bone.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I totally disagree Villanaueva is solid and will be a starting LT  if he wants next year and is still young with just 6 years of play and extremely healthy...

Who are you disagreeing with? I didn't say he wouldn't be a starting LT somewhere. And i never said he wasn't solid.

Reply/Quote
I'm on the Riley Reiff bandwagon at the moment. Reiff is a veteran tackle that has played both Left and Right Tackle in the wide zone system the Bengals want to run. Reiff would allow them to still take a tackle on day 2 and sit a year. Samuel Cosmi, Jalen Mayfield, Dillon Radunz, Spencer Brown, or D'Ante Smith.

Riley Reiff is older yes but he is still playing solid an has only missed a couple games in the last couple seasons.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who are you disagreeing with? I didn't say he wouldn't be a starting LT somewhere. And i never said he wasn't solid.

You said decent and not really upgrade and old..unless I misread it 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 12:11 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You said decent and not really upgrade and old..unless I misread it 

Decent and solid...same thing. Don't need to upgrade LT and yes, he's getting old. 

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 07:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: His take on overall strength by position groups;

What are the strengths and weaknesses of this draft? (via @conmann88)
The position groups of strength are at wide receiver, offensive line and cornerback. There could be three receivers in the top 10 picks, and it's deep throughout. There will be Day 2 picks who make an impact as rookies. As far as offensive line, this is one of the best classes for tackles in the last decade. There could be four or five picked in Round 1. It's a talented and loaded crop of corners, too -- I expect a bunch of starters to go in the second round.

Interesting he left off QB's though 4 or 5 predicted to go in top 15 picks. We need OL and hopefully we make great decision on OT in round one or 2.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/30984951/nfl-draft-2021-mailbag-mel-kiper-answers-15-questions-quarterback-prospects-teams-picks

May have to be a ESPN+ subscriber to see his full article.

That's because Trevor Lawrence is the only true top 10 QB in my opinion. QB's have become increasingly overvalued and end up being drafted higher than they should be.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:36 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm on the Riley Reiff bandwagon at the moment. Reiff is a veteran tackle that has played both Left and Right Tackle in the wide zone system the Bengals want to run. Reiff would allow them to still take a tackle on day 2 and sit a year. Samuel Cosmi, Jalen Mayfield, Dillon Radunz, Spencer Brown, or D'Ante Smith.

Riley Reiff is older yes but he is still playing solid an has only missed a couple games in the last couple seasons.

Makes sense and now that Reiff just got cut by the Vikes he is available. 

All for Reiff and Zeitler in FA to go along with some pass rushers and a Corner.

Reiff, Zeit, Rankins, Wolfe, Roby would be a fine FA IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 12:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Decent and solid...same thing. Don't need to upgrade LT and yes, he's getting old. 

I guess all in the eyes of the poster on terminology since we disagree. Solid is better upgrade to oline and healthy only 6 yrs of play....
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:17 PM)samhain Wrote: It's even worse for corners.  At least free agency is loaded with pass rushers.  The corner market is dry as a bone.

I didn’t realize it is that bad at CB this year, but feel like the Bengals could draft Surtain or Farley @ #5 and not be a reach. I don’t think the same could be said for a pass rusher though.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 08:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I didn’t realize it is that bad at CB this year, but feel like the Bengals could draft Surtain or Farley @ #5 and not be a reach. I don’t think the same could be said for a pass rusher though.

It's not. It's not the greatest but there are some very good corners problem is that alot of them will be gone on the first 2 days.

But it's going to be a great year to grab corners in FA with all the cuts. 

Reply/Quote