Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiper vs McShay
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/4/4/17197552/nfl-mock-draft-2018-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-bengals-picks

Which of these 2 first 2 round mocks do you like better.

Personally I think its hard to argue with MCShay on this one.   If we select the position in round 1 they both have listed
Reply/Quote
You are right. It's hard to argue the logic with McShay on his picks. I just don't have the faith that one of the three best centers will still be available at 46. If that could be guaranteed, then getting our LB issue taken care of with our pick at 21 would address a need.

This latest Burfict nonsense has conflicted with my view on our two top needs, center and tackle/guard. I do feel this still, and hope the Burfict issue can be handled w/o taking a top 2 draft pick.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
That's a tough one! I have lobbied for Vander Esch since the beginning of January, but I do think Evans would do just fine. Kyper lost it though will Phlillips over Price, unless he thinks Price will be gone. Still to high for Phillips IMO
Reply/Quote
I’d take McShay’s but I’d rather have LVE in one and Price in two so I’d prefer to combine their mocks. I think Vander Esch is a better fit for a 4-3 look and the competition may not be as great with him but he also wasn’t playing behind Bama’s d line so that argument is a bit of a double edged sword
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 04:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’d take McShay’s but I’d rather have LVE in one and Price in two so I’d prefer to combine their mocks. I think Vander Esch is a better fit for a 4-3 look and the competition may not be as great with him but he also wasn’t playing behind Bama’s d line so that argument is a bit of a double edged sword

Same here!
Reply/Quote
Say it with me love and Evans aren't first round lbers. Especially lve. Like voch pointed Out he can't blockshed to save a damn.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 05:32 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Say it with me love and Evans aren't first round lbers. Especially lve. Like voch pointed Out he can't blockshed to save a damn.

Feel free to add those two to your list of scouting reports for that old thread you started. Then you can let everyone know just how terrible they are
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 06:08 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Feel free to add those two to your list of scouting reports for that old thread you started. Then you can let everyone know just how terrible they are

Not terrible. Not even bad. Just second rounders. Evans fringe first. But only due to need. Talent wise their seconds.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 05:32 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Say it with me love and Evans aren't first round lbers. Especially lve. Like voch pointed Out he can't blockshed to save a damn.

Yeah, because shedding blocks isn’t a coachable technique... smdh
Reply/Quote
Meh, with a grain of salt on either. I was reading an article from a couple years ago, typically they are only right 32% of the time, and correct on picking the right position 46% of the time.

So, in reality, they're just an entertaining duo that like to talk a lot..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 07:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah, because shedding blocks isn’t a coachable technique... smdh

And a more common weakness in linebackers coming out of college because of the spread offenses.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 03:36 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: You are right. It's hard to argue the logic with McShay on his picks. I just don't have the faith that one of the three best centers will still be available at 46. If that could be guaranteed, then getting our LB issue taken care of with our pick at 21 would address a need.

This latest Burfict nonsense has conflicted with my view on our two top needs, center and tackle/guard.  I do feel this still, and hope the Burfict issue can be handled w/o taking a top 2 draft pick.

The last time 3 Centers were taken in the top 50 picks was 2009. Then 2003.
The last time 3 Centers were taken in the top 46 picks was 1989.
And then 1983.

Maybe this will be the 4th time it happens in the last 35 years.

But I doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 08:37 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The last time 3 Centers were taken in the top 50 picks was 2003.
The last time 3 Centers were taken in the top 46 picks was 1989.
And then 1983.

Maybe this will be the 4th time it happens in the last 35 years.

But I doubt it.

I'm with you.  The Center class is average to above, nothing spectacular.  Once you get past all the hyperbole of the "ratings gurus", and just focus on what they did on the field, they're all 2nd round quality players.  Late 1st, for a need based reach.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Got to go with McShay being he mixed in an OL mainly a Center.

And to Kiper and FO, we had better re-sign Geno or there will be hell to pay

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 07:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah, because shedding blocks isn’t a coachable technique... smdh

S ure it's teachable. But if u have to teach such a important and fundamental thing like That with ur first round pick, then he clearly wasn't bpa. And it was clealry a reach. Ur first round pick should be a day 1 plug and play starter. 
Reply/Quote
If we take BPA at 21, I think we are almost forced to take a center at 46. As for 21 it depends on who was available. I do think it's looking too early for a center the closer we get to the draft.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 04:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’d take McShay’s but I’d rather have LVE in one and Price in two so I’d prefer to combine their mocks. I think Vander Esch is a better fit for a 4-3 look and the competition may not be as great with him but he also wasn’t playing behind Bama’s d line so that argument is a bit of a double edged sword

Me too.

I've seen sites that have lve ranked as high as 12 overall. And most mocks have Evans as a first rounder
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 07:41 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Not terrible. Not even bad. Just second rounders. Evans fringe first. But only due to need. Talent wise their seconds.

Price is a 2nd rounder to me so a reach with 21st pick... i feel we have 4 options of Centers at 46 and one will be there.. 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 09:15 PM)Jpoore Wrote: S ure it's teachable. But if u have to teach such a important and fundamental thing like That with ur first round pick, then he clearly wasn't bpa. And it was clealry a reach. Ur first round pick should be a day 1 plug and play starter. 

that depends on the team and depth and timing.. many QBs are taken in 1st round and don't start right away...
Reply/Quote
Just read Evans bombed his proday and has refused to run the 40. Likely out of the first round.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote