Broncos
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk Cousins sweepstakes
So it's reportedly down to 4 teams Jets, Vikings, Broncos, Cardnials. Matt Miller from bleacher report is reporting it's down to two teams Jets and Vikings.
Jets positive- Have most money and have a coaching staff that Kirk loves.
Jets Negative- worst team out of the 4 and plays in a division with Tom Brady
Vikings positive- 2nd most cap room, best team out of the 4, a lot of great offensive weapons, Great Defense.
Vikings Negative- Do they really view Kirk as a true long term QB since they got rid of Case Keenum who is a similar type player? Secondly they play in a division with Aaron Rodgers does Kirk really want that competition?
Cardnials positive- Larry Fitzgerald and David Johnson
Cardnials Negative- not a lot of cap room and not much to offer after Larry and David.
Broncos positive- elite Wr tandem, John Elway sweet talking, Mike Shannan connections, great Defense. They have done this before with Peyton.
Broncos Negative- not enough cap room so would have to cut players to make Kirk fit.

So where do you think he will go? To me the favorites are the Vikings but I think Denver finds a way to pull it out.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Zimmer has talked to Jay about Cousins at all.

My hunch is to say that it's the Broncos' race to lose. I think they'll offer more money, even if Vikings would be a better chance to win. Having a more proven coach could sway Cousins towards the Vikings or Jets I guess.

I still wouldn't break the bank on Cousins. But that might be why I'm not an NFL executive.
Reply/Quote
Voted Vikings but more I think about it believe he will sign with Bronco's.

Do not think he will go to Jets per sucking or AZ with Fitgerald probably retiring soon unless either team just throws an absurd amount of money at him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 02:24 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I wonder if Zimmer has talked to Jay about Cousins at all.

My hunch is to say that it's the Broncos' race to lose. I think they'll offer more money, even if Vikings would be a better chance to win. Having a more proven coach could sway Cousins towards the Vikings or Jets I guess.

I still wouldn't break the bank on Cousins. But that might be why I'm not an NFL executive.

Good point on Jay and Zimmer. To me the thing that sticks about the Viking's is they had a pretty good QB in keenum and yet they want to change to another similar QB who will be much more expensive? It doesn't make much sense to me that they would be satisfied with Cousins and would want something more.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 02:42 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Good point on Jay and Zimmer. To me the thing that sticks about the Viking's is they had a pretty good QB in keenum and yet they want to change to another similar QB who will be much more expensive? It doesn't make much sense to me that they would be satisfied with Cousins and would want something more.

I know that Foles winning last month throws a monkey wrench in my thesis, but your chances of winning a Superbowl are largely dependent on your quarterback. Sure a guy like Foles, Dilfer or Flacco can win the big game if they play smart/have an amazing supporting cast/catch fire, but any team would rather have a Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Manning, Wilson.

I'm personally (and again, there's probably a reason I'm not a talent evaluator and all that, so take it with a grain of salt) not convinced that Cousins is that upper echelon of QB talent that will be the reason you win a Superbowl. And honestly, if a team doesn't have that quarterback, the team's sole focus will be finding that QB.

Maybe the Vikings/Broncos/Jets/Cardinals feel differently and think that Cousins is. If they do, then there really is no price tag on that. If a team thinks he is the guy they need to get him. 

And if he is, I'll gladly eat crow. But IMO right now, Cousins is a rich man's Case Keenum who is a rich man's Blake Bortles. They can all be serviceable, but any team should be looking for an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 04:36 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I know that Foles winning last month throws a monkey wrench in my thesis, but your chances of winning a Superbowl are largely dependent on your quarterback. Sure a guy like Foles, Dilfer or Flacco can win the big game if they play smart/have an amazing supporting cast/catch fire, but any team would rather have a Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Manning, Wilson.

I'm personally (and again, there's probably a reason I'm not a talent evaluator and all that, so take it with a grain of salt) not convinced that Cousins is that upper echelon of QB talent that will be the reason you win a Superbowl. And honestly, if a team doesn't have that quarterback, the team's sole focus will be finding that QB.

Maybe the Vikings/Broncos/Jets/Cardinals feel differently and think that Cousins is. If they do, then there really is no price tag on that. If a team thinks he is the guy they need to get him. 

And if he is, I'll gladly eat crow. But IMO right now, Cousins is a rich man's Case Keenum who is a rich man's Blake Bortles. They can all be serviceable, but any team should be looking for an upgrade.
Meh I think the whole you need a great QB argument is overrated. Wilson, Eli, and Big Ben all have titles but none of those guys fit the mold of elite. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 02:24 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I wonder if Zimmer has talked to Jay about Cousins at all.

What about a surprise entry....  Indy..    They move luck then trade for Cousins
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 06:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Meh I think the whole you need a great QB argument is overrated. Wilson, Eli, and Big Ben all have titles but none of those guys fit the mold of elite. 

You just need a Good Overall Team... and a run of luck/willpower...

Now not everyone needs to be a super stud or anything.. But everyone has to be playing at 100% effort every play and playing their role well...  If the whole team plays for each other and stay healthy( also a big key depending on depth)  most teams have the Talent to win it all.  But 1 or 2 many mistakes/ injuries can change the course of a seasons from playoff bound to January with family.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 06:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Meh I think the whole you need a great QB argument is overrated. Wilson, Eli, and Big Ben all have titles but none of those guys fit the mold of elite. 

Lol. First ballot HOF'er. Stone cold lock. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 08:29 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol. First ballot HOF'er. Stone cold lock. 

Of course he is going to the hall of fame doesn't mean he deserves it. Dude is the most overrated player in this era. But he quarterbacked two Superbowl winning teams and went to another one. so he gets a pass even though he played like shit in all three of them and his statistics are meh compared to the actual elite players of his era like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, and Rivers.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 09:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Of course he is going to the hall of fame doesn't mean he deserves it. Dude is the most overrated player in this era. But he quarterbacked two Superbowl winning teams and went to another one. so he gets a pass even though he played like shit in all three of them and his statistics are meh compared to the actual elite players of his era like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, and Rivers.

Lol, whateva.....

You lost all credibility at Rivers  LMAO

Facepalm
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 09:12 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol, whateva.....

You lost all credibility at Rivers  LMAO

Facepalm
Look at the stats Holmes
J24

Reply/Quote
Might want to check how Mannings post season stats compare to Roethlisbergers too. I guess he's overrated as well? 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 09:18 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Look at the stats Holmes

Yeah, check Mannings then get back to me.

Check that, don't. Im not wasting my time. I thought that issue was settled even amongst Bengal fans. But I guess there are a few of you out there, just like there were rumored to be pockets of Japanese soldiers on remote Pacific Islands that still believe that WW2 raged on until the 1960s. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 09:19 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Might want to check how Mannings post season stats compare to Roethlisbergers too. I guess he's overrated as well? 

Lol dude Big Ben threw 17tds to 15 interceptions in 2008 and his team won a Superbowl. Yet people give him credit for it like it was all him . Now I know what your going to say well what about Peyton and his last year in the league he threw more picks than INTs than TDs doesn't that ruin his legacy. No because for one he was hurt and two it was I
His last season in the NFL. While Big Ben was in his 5th year.
J24

Reply/Quote