Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirkpatrick takes a jab at Lewis
Hoping this all results in Marvin benching him for WJIII.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 04:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol you guys pretty much nailed it.

Would mean so much more coming from an AJ Green/Dalton/Atkins, but from Dre K it's just laughable

One of my favorite things is when Dre K trails a guy by 5 yards, the guy DROPS the ball and Dre acts like he had part in the breakup.

Dude must have some 'Stranger Things' type powers we don't know about.

How so? How does his status matter for this other than the fact that he falls in the category of "will be hated here no matter what unless they play well elsewhere and then we pretend we didn't hate them" 

He's not wrong. He's not shifting blame. He's telling the truth. He isn't outing some big secret. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 10:07 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Kirkpatrick is the kind of player who would gloat over a routine pass breakup, even with his team down by 45 points late in the 4th quarter.

What do you mean, "who would"? He does and he looks like a complete dumbshit doing it...
Reply/Quote
I must be having a stroke. Is Kirkpatrick really trying to shit on anyone? Dude is the James Ellsworth of the secondary. (Google it if you don't get it)
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hoping this all results in Marvin benching him for WJIII.

Well given that that'd improve the team, it's not likely to happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: How so? How does his status matter for this other than the fact that he falls in the category of "will be hated here no matter what unless they play well elsewhere and then we pretend we didn't hate them" 

He's not wrong. He's not shifting blame. He's telling the truth. He isn't outing some big secret. 

Status has a ton to do with the weight of these statements.

You're telling me that this "That's the coaches job" comment would mean the same from Bodine/Fisher/Ogb as it would from Green/Dalton/Atkins??

If Bodine said it, we would all be yucking it up. If AJ said it, we would be crying about him potentially demanding a trade (jumping to conclusions of course as we always do)
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 03:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People always attack the player. So what if Kirkpatrick sucks (I think "sucks" is a bit strong, but whatev)?

Regardless of your thoughts on DreKirk, you should be happy about any player that speaks out. This organization should be embarrassed and Marv deserves to be called out. He's been here for 15 years with an 8-30 record in prime-time and 0-7 in the playoffs. Marv holds way more responsibility for these failures than Dre Kirkpatrick, who has been a part of some of the better pass defenses in Bengals history.

Only problem I have with it, as I said before, is that he didn't follow the jab with a hook or cross or overhand.  You can't just bloody his lip.  You have to go for the knockout.   
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
last check Kirkpatrick is ranked close to the bottom in db? Lets check our self before throwing stones.

I agree Coach and staff need to go.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Status has a ton to do with the weight of these statements.

You're telling me that this "That's the coaches job" comment would mean the same from Bodine/Fisher/Ogb as it would from Green/Dalton/Atkins??

If Bodine said it, we would all be yucking it up. If AJ said it, we would be crying about him potentially demanding a trade (jumping to conclusions of course as we always do)

Yes. 
It means the same. 

It means players know. 
Players are just the players and it's up to the coaches to put them in positions to succeed. The Bengals coaches have done a TERRIBLE job of doing that this year. 

It makes no reference to his level of play. It speaks more to your being hung up on HIS status than the truth of his statement. 

He isn't passing blame, in which case you would have ground to stand on
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 03:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People always attack the player. So what if Kirkpatrick sucks (I think "sucks" is a bit strong, but whatev)?

Regardless of your thoughts on DreKirk, you should be happy about any player that speaks out. This organization should be embarrassed and Marv deserves to be called out. He's been here for 15 years with an 8-30 record in prime-time and 0-7 in the playoffs. Marv holds way more responsibility for these failures than Dre Kirkpatrick, who has been a part of some of the better pass defenses in Bengals history.

This ^^^

But since all the fans on this thread thinks its all Dres fault then Mike can re-sign Marv with their support....
Reply/Quote
According to the coach the O line isn't a concern. According to the owner the talent isn't a problem. Apparently, Kirkpatrick doesn't think the players are a problem.

If us "fans" knew as much as the coach and owner we wouldn't be worried, either.
Reply/Quote
You can praise the D all you want but we can not stop anyone with this soft zone D that does not blitz. Other teams drive up and down the field on us with the greatest of ease. We only play decent D in the red zone we go to man to man and do decent with a real small field to defend. Paul G needs to go with the rest of the coaches at the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:50 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: You can praise the D all you want but we can not stop anyone with this soft zone D that does not blitz. Other teams drive up and down the field on us with the greatest of ease. We only play decent D in the red zone we go to man to man and do decent with a real small field to defend. Paul G needs to go with the rest of the coaches at the end of the year.

Absolutely.  He's a chicken shit too.  Just like Daddy Marv.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:27 PM)McC Wrote: Only problem I have with it, as I said before, is that he didn't follow the jab with a hook or cross or overhand.  You can't just bloody his lip.  You have to go for the knockout.   

Agreed. It was a pretty lightweight jab, but it's only going to get worse as the losses mount.

(11-06-2017, 08:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes. 
It means the same. 

It means players know. 
Players are just the players and it's up to the coaches to put them in positions to succeed. The Bengals coaches have done a TERRIBLE job of doing that this year. 

It makes no reference to his level of play. It speaks more to your being hung up on HIS status than the truth of his statement. 

He isn't passing blame, in which case you would have ground to stand on

Spot on, all of it. Especially the bolded.  ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick should be mad he was put in a bad situation yesterday he is a press corner who they asked for some reason to play in off coverage for most of the game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:39 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Kirkpatrick should be mad he was put in a bad situation yesterday he is a press corner who they asked for some reason to play in off coverage for most of the game.

Chicken shit.  Marvball.  The Bengal Way.

When have we been good? When we atatcked.

Reply/Quote
Getting soft huh?

I remember back when he used to run that MF'er over.

Awwww such sweet memories!

[Image: ackmarv.0.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Yea I'm not sure why fans get upset when players call out the coach or management if anything it confirms there are issues. And Dre does not suck.  
Reply/Quote
Dre hasn’t played well but is it him or the scheme? He doesn’t call those weak ass zones PAulie loves so much. He is a press man corner. It’s a bend but don’t break D and it seems it is now being exploited
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:50 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: You can praise the D all you want but we can not stop anyone with this soft zone D that does not blitz. Other teams drive up and down the field on us with the greatest of ease. We only play decent D in the red zone we go to man to man and do decent with a real small field to defend. Paul G needs to go with the rest of the coaches at the end of the year.

Not defending Paulie here, but is that scheme a preference of Merv or Paul? Merv is so damn scared to get beat by the big play that he concedes the underneath stuff. 
Reply/Quote