Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knightmare Mock
For this mock draft I used http://www.first-pick.com and their draft board to complete this. Please give feedback and I hope all enjoy!
1st round: Harold Landry, DE, Boston College
-Before everyone go bonkers I think upgrading our pass rush is a priority. Even with Willis and Lawson, we could use another guy in the rotation with Chris Smith leaving. He can play the same Lawson played last year early on. And with MJ on the decline seemed like a good pick.
2nd round: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
-I do not expect for him to be here come April. HOWEVER, if he is I would definitely welcome him with open arms. Let him and Fisher battle it out on the right side. Can even slide to LT if Cordy Glenn goes down.
3rd round: Jerome Baker, OLB, Ohio State
-With Burfict suspension looming and our lack of depth at the position this was a no brainer pick. Super athletic and fills a need.
3rd round: Darius Leonard, OLB/ILB, South Carolina State
-Yes I doubled up on the position as stated before we need the depth. Leonard is still a bit raw and will need to put on some weight. But I think he will be a player.
4th round: Mason Cole, C, Michigan
-In this simulation James Daniels, Billy Price and Frank Ragnow we not available when I was picking. But I think Cole is a nice consultation prize. Has played all 5 OL spots in college. I think between him and Westerman, we have our starting C and the other can play RG.
5th round: Bilal Nichols, DT, Delaware
-Much need depth behind Geno. Also has a similar skill set as Geno, good pass rusher.
5th round: Holton Hill, CB, Texas
-Our yearly "project"! Very good corner that can play inside or out. Also a little insurance if Dennard doesn't resign next offseason or if we pull the plug on Kirkpatrick for some reason.
5th round: Van Smith, FS, Clemson
-Much needed ball hawk in the secondary. True centerfielder that can force some turnovers.
7th round: Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis
-Developmental prospect to push Matt Barkley. Said to have a little Brett Favre to his game.
7th round: Braxton Barrios, WR, Miami FL
-Very good slot receiver and return man. Could add another dimension to the offensive/special teams.
7th round: Michael Badgley, K, Miami FL
-Some competition for Randy Bullock.
Reply/Quote
Was a huge advocate of drafting a DE 1st round the last few years and would not be bad if McGlinchey fell to 2nd this year.

Still think we have to be aggressive this year with OL because of how horrid it was and losing 2 players off of it.

But could live with it if it all falls the way you predict and overall a great job.

Just do not think I could gamble this year with OL per it being crucial to Bengals turning things around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I mean, in the end i would be happy with it cause we got McGlinchey and Cole but man would i be stressing.

With Go Cards on this one, don't want to gamble and wait on Center until the 4th round and thankfully i don't think we will.

I think one of the reasons Pollack came here is we are going to let him pick his guys early.

In the end this is a nice Mock, but this is a bad year for Ends and i don't think Landry would be the best value at 21 anyways.

Think we can find a diamond in the rough End maybe in the 3rd, not as likely with a Center in the 4th.

But Cole could be one for sure, just don't like that he has not been a fulltime Center and he is not as physical as Price or Ragnow.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 06:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I mean, in the end i would be happy with it cause we got McGlinchey and Cole but man would i be stressing.

With Go Cards on this one, don't want to gamble and wait on Center until the 4th round and thankfully i don't think we will.

I think one of the reasons Pollack came here is we are going to let him pick his guys early.

In the end this is a nice Mock, but this is a bad year for Ends and i don't think Landry would be the best value at 21 anyways.

Think we can find a diamond in the rough End maybe in the 3rd, not as likely with a Center in the 4th.

But Cole could be one for sure, just don't like that he has not been a fulltime Center and he is not as physical as Price or Ragnow.
I was hoping to target Chad Thomas from The U or Kentavious Street from NC State in the later rounds because both can kick inside on passing downs but they were both gone in the later rounds . I also wouldn't wait until the 4th for a Center either, in this simulation this how the board fell. Thanks for the feedback!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 04:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Was a huge advocate of drafting a DE 1st round the last few years and would not be bad if McGlinchey fell to 2nd this year.

Still think we have to be aggressive this year with OL because of how horrid it was and losing 2 players off of it.

But could live with it if it all falls the way you predict and overall a great job.

Just do not think I could gamble this year with OL per it being crucial to Bengals turning things around.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree with the OL approach as well. I wanted to target Cole at the end of the 3rd round because Daniels, Price and Ragnow were. However I couldn't pass on Darius Leonard being with our lack of LB depth. I honestly think Cole will go in the late 3rd early 4th round range. Depending on how the draft unfolds I don't think it would be a bad selection.
Reply/Quote
I think that drafting Mason Cole to be our Center solution sucks. You don't half-ass a total OL rebuild, you get the best to improve from where you were. Cole might need a year or two to develop, before being starter material. Are you willing to trust Johnson to bridge that gap, with his limited playing time? I'm not.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 02:11 PM)Knightmare on Elm Street Wrote: For this mock draft I used http://www.first-pick.com and their draft board to complete this. Please give feedback and I hope all enjoy!
1st round: Harold Landry, DE, Boston College
-Before everyone go bonkers I think upgrading our pass rush is a priority. Even with Willis and Lawson, we could use another guy in the rotation with Chris Smith leaving. He can play the same Lawson played last year early on. And with MJ on the decline seemed like a good pick.
2nd round: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
-I do not expect for him to be here come April. HOWEVER, if he is I would definitely welcome him with open arms. Let him and Fisher battle it out on the right side. Can even slide to LT if Cordy Glenn goes down.
3rd round: Jerome Baker, OLB, Ohio State
-With Burfict suspension looming and our lack of depth at the position this was a no brainer pick. Super athletic and fills a need.
3rd round: Darius Leonard, OLB/ILB, South Carolina State
-Yes I doubled up on the position as stated before we need the depth. Leonard is still a bit raw and will need to put on some weight. But I think he will be a player.
4th round: Mason Cole, C, Michigan
-In this simulation James Daniels, Billy Price and Frank Ragnow we not available when I was picking. But I think Cole is a nice consultation prize. Has played all 5 OL spots in college. I think between him and Westerman, we have our starting C and the other can play RG.
5th round: Bilal Nichols, DT, Delaware
-Much need depth behind Geno. Also has a similar skill set as Geno, good pass rusher.
5th round: Holton Hill, CB, Texas
-Our yearly "project"! Very good corner that can play inside or out. Also a little insurance if Dennard doesn't resign next offseason or if we pull the plug on Kirkpatrick for some reason.
5th round: Van Smith, FS, Clemson
-Much needed ball hawk in the secondary. True centerfielder that can force some turnovers.
7th round: Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis
-Developmental prospect to push Matt Barkley. Said to have a little Brett Favre to his game.
7th round: Braxton Barrios, WR, Miami FL
-Very good slot receiver and return man. Could add another dimension to the offensive/special teams.
7th round: Michael Badgley, K, Miami FL
-Some competition for Randy Bullock.
McGlinchey in the second would be too good to pass.  But if he isn't there, then who?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The best tackle in the draft is not last to the second. Like cole tho but I want either ragnow price or Daniels cuz I can’t wait til the 4th for a center. A center puts dalton back in the mvp talk.
Reply/Quote
Landry is a bad ass
Reply/Quote