Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Know Anyone That Has Been Vaccinated?!
I didn't think that anyone around here would be getting the vaccination this soon, but a friend of mine that is a nurse at the University of Cincinnati Hospital posted that she just got the vaccine.

(Ironically, that's where I was flown to the night of the wreck.)

Does anyone else know anyone that has gotten it?

Please let us know so we can find out about any side effects, how well it's being handled by the body, if it's working, and whatever else?

THANKS!

(Mods, I think this might be a good sticky thread. Please delete this comment, even if you don't sticky it.)
Reply/Quote
My wife (a nurse) gets hers in the morning.

In preparation, I've been teaching my daughter how to use a variety of pointed objects in case her mother turns into a zombie while I'm at work or in the shower. I know the vaccine is supposed to be safe and all, but I've just got this feeling that this is the zombie apocalypse we've all been waiting for. Vague pandemic today, super deadly zombie outbreak tomorrow.

I still think it's crazy they give medical workers the vaccine after trials but before anyone else. It makes sense if the thing is safe, but if not? You just wiped out your medical professionals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Placebo, lol
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 09:20 PM)Benton Wrote: My wife (a nurse) gets hers in the morning.

In preparation, I've been teaching my daughter how to use a variety of pointed objects in case her mother turns into a zombie while I'm at work or in the shower. I know the vaccine is supposed to be safe and all, but I've just got this feeling that this is the zombie apocalypse we've all been waiting for. Vague pandemic today, super deadly zombie outbreak tomorrow.

I still think it's crazy they give medical workers the vaccine after trials but before anyone else. It makes sense if the thing is safe, but if not? You just wiped out your medical professionals.

Good point........  never thought about it like that.

I also have thought about it being a zombie apocalypse and then thought what if it only turns cripples into zombies and there's big riots of me and a bunch of other cripples rolling through the streets with super strength and speed just looking for victims to bite and turn into crippled zombies like us.............

Pretty intense  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Talked to the wife a couple hours after she got it. So far, no adverse reactions, said she feels fine. If I understood get right, if there is a problem you are supposed to know right away.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 03:44 PM)Benton Wrote: Talked to the wife a couple hours after she got it. So far, no adverse reactions, said she feels fine. If I understood get right, if there is a problem you are supposed to know right away.

I didn't know you were supposed to be able to tell right away, but I guess it makes sense.  

In the trials I saw, people got sick and were sore at the injection site but were fine by morning.

Thanks for letting us know and please keep us updated!  You'll strengthen my opinions on getting  it since you know someone with first-hand knowledge!
Reply/Quote
An RN who trains at my local gym got hers yesterday.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: An RN who trains at my local gym got hers yesterday.

Let us know if she tells you what it's like!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 09:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Let us know if she tells you what it's like!

Well, she did say that she received the 1st dose early in the morning.  When I saw her, it was around 5 pm, and she said no ill feeling effects, as of that time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 07:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I didn't know you were supposed to be able to tell right away, but I guess it makes sense.  

In the trials I saw, people got sick and were sore at the injection site but were fine by morning.

Thanks for letting us know and please keep us updated!  You'll strengthen my opinions on getting  it since you know someone with first-hand knowledge!

Yeah, the allergic reaction is pretty immediate, if there is one.

She got hers around 7:30 am, so it's been 12 hours. She said she's feeling sore at the site and a little drained, but that's about it. 

Not to sway anyone one way or the other, but I think all the nurses/workers in her hospital that have gotten it have been fine. I think she told me they were doing 200-300 vaccines this round and she's been one of the last. So, I'd take it as a good sign.
Reply/Quote
I got mine in second grade.

No problems so far.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 09:20 PM)Benton Wrote: I still think it's crazy they give medical workers the vaccine after trials but before anyone else. It makes sense if the thing is safe, but if not? You just wiped out your medical professionals.

thats right it should be tested on the politicians first lol...  Either way we be safe from something..
Reply/Quote
My girlfriend from the time of the wreck (first girl I ever loved) is a nurse practitioner at Christ Hospital in Cincinnati and posted a picture getting the vaccine this morning, so I'll have more first-hand knowledge of whether or not to get it.

It will make me have more confidence to get it because she was the smartest girl I had ever met and she obviously understands my situation, so she'd know of any risks specifically for me.

We might have a light at the end of the tunnel people!
Reply/Quote
I got the Russian vaccine. I feel great; no side effekty. YA takzhe prishel k vyvodu, chto Putin - velichayshiy mirovoy lider vsekh vremen.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 05:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I got the Russian vaccine. I feel great; no side effekty. YA takzhe prishel k vyvodu, chto Putin - velichayshiy mirovoy lider vsekh vremen.

Это очень забавно. That’s very funny.
Reply/Quote
A friend who is a nurse got hers the other day.

My sister in law is an RN living in the UK, and has responded to a call for qualified volunteers to give vaccinations. I have to assume she will be getting hers very quickly in order to administer the shot to others.
Reply/Quote
My wife got hers yesterday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 10:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: My wife got hers yesterday.

Let us know how it goes for her!
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty confident in it but who knows when I'll even be able to get it.

I've heard of one person that had bad side effects (saw it online), so it seems pretty safe.
Reply/Quote
My cousin who is a doctor just got vaccinated.
Reply/Quote