Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe Bryant is dead.
Apparently in a helicopter crash in LA. He was 41. Early reports say 5 dead and his 4 daughters were also on board..I hope that is not true.

Edit: his 13 year old daughter was with him. Horrible.
Reply/Quote
Kobe was killed in a helicopter crash earlier today. He was 41. He was survived by his wife, 4 daughters. His youngest is a newborn

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Shocking.... One of the all time greats.

His youngest daughter was just born in June of last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
His 13 year old daughter was also on board. Sad news
Reply/Quote
Early indications are that the flying conditions weren't great. Bryant was reportedly going to a basketball tournament with his daughter.
Reply/Quote
Just awful, so sad
Reply/Quote
I was just stunned to hear about this and spent half the day watching Kobe videos. Truly a legend, and barely got to enjoy his retirement, where he had so much to offer. Even sadder is losing his 13 year old daughter, her teammates and another father. Just a sad, sad deal all around.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Devastating. No words
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Still seems unreal. RIP Legend.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Frankly, not worth every second, all 2 days on tv and radio.
I have close friends, I care about.
I'm not crying about a retired jock.
His daughter I feel bad for.
But the truth is, this either never happened or its a ritual.
Only a fool doesn't question this happening after Lebron breaks his record, as a laker, In Kobe's home state.
It's too perfect to be a natural occurrence.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 02:35 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Frankly, not worth every second, all 2 days on tv and radio.
I have close friends,  I care about.
Only a fool doesn't question  this happening after Lebron breaks his record, as a laker, In Kobe's  home state.
It's too perfect  to be a natural occurrence.

You're not crying about a retired jock, but you have the time to insult him?

And yeah, I thought the timing of it was strange for sure, but what do you suppose? That he faked a helicopter crash that was caught on video, as well as the death of one of his daughters and several of her teammates? Only to leave behind his wife, 3 other daughters and several other broken families? All of whom will be subjected to numerous Kobe questions for the rest of their lives?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 03:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're not crying about a retired jock, but you have the time to insult him?

And yeah, I thought the timing of it was strange for sure, but what do you suppose? That he faked a helicopter crash that was caught on video, as well as the death of one of his daughters and several of her teammates? Only to leave behind his wife, 3 other daughters and several other broken families? All of whom will be subjected to numerous Kobe questions for the rest of their lives?

Caught on video? Lol they can fake everything now.
You have no clue  or proof about any dead bodies  or anything. All you're doing is believing what media tells you.
Insult who?  I'm questioning media, money, and power.
I'm not insulting anyone.
No kobe didn't fake his death. Jocks are just well paid slaves, who answer to billionaires.
Reply/Quote
Oof.... That's quite the hot take you have there.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 06:13 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Caught on video? Lol they can fake everything now.
You have no clue  or proof about any dead bodies  or anything. All you're doing is believing what media tells you.
Insult who?  I'm questioning media, money, and power.
I'm not insulting anyone.
No kobe didn't fake his death. Jocks are just well paid slaves, who answer to billionaires.

There are literally several (at least) angles of the helicopter on YouTube, posted by multiple people who possess cell phones.

And what did these billionaires want Kobe "dead" for? Where did they take him? Are the other grieving families paid actors? Why take his daughter? Are all the local witnesses (this happened near LA) planted? So no chopper was actually involved and the footage was all faked? Wouldn't someone have noticed that no real wreckage was at the site?

Not to mention that LAPD and LAFD were wrapped up in this as well as the NTSB. The level of cover up you're proposing simply isn't even feasible. Even if by some chance the corruption ran through the LAPD, LAFD and NTSB, what are the odds that nobody noticed (in LA) that there was no real wreckage at the site?

The location was public knowledge within 1 hour. Lakers fans converged on the site immediately. We would know if the crash (and footage) was fake. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 02:35 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Frankly, not worth every second, all 2 days on tv and radio.
I have close friends, I care about.
Only a fool doesn't question this happening after Lebron breaks his record, as a laker, In Kobe's home state.
It's too perfect to be a natural occurrence.

How about the other 3 daughters that lost their retired jock dad? How about Kobe's parents? His wife? It's cool to not care about his passing, but I have absolutely zero clue about the rest of that shit you're talking.

Ritual cause LeBron passed him in Philly? WTF?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The last time I felt this bad was when Michael Jackson died. I think you can just sense the world is in pain. It's not the same as a "common stranger" because somehow we all relate or looked up to Kobe. Like somehow he was a superhero that's supposed to be immortal. He seemed to still have a lot to offer the world. This legend was supposed to grow old with us. He basically was born to play and Excel at basketball, then die shortly after.

I thought if I'd feel this way if any other NBA player died. It's hard to even imagine. It has to be some active Superstar suffering a tragic death. The weird part is, when someone dies, we immediately remember all of the good. When they're alive, you see some of the bad.

The Mamba mentality is a real thing, and I think the world can be a better place if they learned a couple things about how he lived his life. Be great at what you're good at, don't half ass it, it's a waste of time. I know I tell my family and friends I love them now, before it's too late, I don't wait for tomorrow that which can be done today.

I mean really, can we think of an NFL player we'd feel this way about if it happened to them? We don't even know these people. Brady? Brees? Tiger? Federer?

Music and sports are uniters; politics aside, generally all people relate, understand, or appreciate someone together regardless of their differences. Barkley was wrong, they are role models.
Reply/Quote