Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not much interest in AP...
I would think a phone call to Zimmer would give us an easy answer if he would be a nice stop gap between GIO returning and Hill/Burkhead/Draft Pick...Personally I would reach out to him immediately...He is better than anything we have even at his age.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/adrian-petersons-biggest-problem-heading-into-free-agency-no-one-wants-him/
Reply/Quote
We fix our line and all our running backs get much more effective

I wouldn't give AP a look personally

But wouldn't be mad if one day I look up and he's signed for a 1 year deal
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 08:31 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I would think a phone call to Zimmer would give us an easy answer if he would be a nice stop gap between GIO returning and Hill/Burkhead/Draft Pick...Personally I would reach out to him immediately...He is better than anything we have even at his age.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/adrian-petersons-biggest-problem-heading-into-free-agency-no-one-wants-him/

Perhaps not much "publicized" interest.  But according to AP's Dad, via ESPN bottom line, the Raiders or Seahawks appear to be the frontrunners for AP.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps not much "publicized" interest.  But according to AP's Dad, via ESPN bottom line, the Raiders or Seahawks appear to be the frontrunners for AP.

Guess you did not read the article?  It states that neither of those teams have any immediate interest and the interest is one sided from the AP camp
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 09:22 PM)Housh Wrote: We fix our line and all our running backs get much more effective

I wouldn't give AP a look personally

But wouldn't be mad if one day I look up and he's signed for a 1 year deal

Agreed
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 09:33 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Guess you did not read the article?  It states that neither of those teams have any immediate interest and the interest is one sided from the AP camp

An article, who's only quotes are tweets?  (save for PFT, and even they are a bit sketchy when it comes to generating stories) 

After the increasing abuse of twitter by "reporters" in attempts to be the "first" to "break a story" in the past few years, I think the entire football front office community has decided to get their revenge by "leaking" as much misleading information as possible, to get rid of what little credibility that some of these bozos had in the first place.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
AP isn't going to come here for a 1 year $3 million deal. He's going to want to get paid even though he has an advanced age for a RB.

You'd probably have to give him $8-10 million a year minimum.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 08:31 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I would think a phone call to Zimmer would give us an easy answer if he would be a nice stop gap between GIO returning and Hill/Burkhead/Draft Pick...Personally I would reach out to him immediately...He is better than anything we have even at his age.....

If he wants the money hes been getting the last few years pass.
Reply/Quote
I don't think he's that good anymore. The few games he played in the last couple of years, he averaged 1.8/yards/carry behind a Vikings line that, while not good; is better than what we are gonna throw out there on the field this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:10 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I don't think he's that good anymore. The few games he played in the last couple of years, he averaged 1.8/yards/carry behind a Vikings line that, while not good; is better than what we are gonna throw out there on the field this year.

He led the league in rushing in 2015.

Vikings line last year would be like ours this year if both Ogbuehi and fisher got hurt
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:38 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He led the league in rushing in 2015.

Vikings line last year would be like ours this year if both Ogbuehi and fisher got hurt

And yet, they finished 8-8. We didn't do that this year with those two not having to be counted on.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:16 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: And yet, they finished 8-8. We didn't do that this year with those two not having to be counted on.

if not for kicking issues we would have been 10-6
Reply/Quote
AP has to have a fullback in front of him, just like Hill. While we have a pretty good fullback in Tyler, I wouldn't give AP any more than a 1 yr deal on the cheap. And if we get one of the better running backs in the draft, I'd pass altogether on the old guy with the repaired knees...
Reply/Quote
I have a hunch AP will soon retire to a pain clinic for retired running backs. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote