Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kris Richard
(11-30-2018, 02:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, hate the Cowboys but Richard really knows how to get his guys fired up on the sidelines.

Just the type of coach we need here to flush out the maligned, stale disease that has settled into this place.

Agreed. I'm not sold on the whole offensive minded coach thing. You either know football or you don't. We need a motivator and even more, a disciplinarian. This team has lost itself. It's lost it's pride and ruggedness. Somehow, finesse and flamboyancy has set in. You just don't win with those. This team has lost it's identity. Players, coaches and ownership all have to take ownership of this BS. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 02:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I get that.  KC, New Orleans, and the Rams have been putting on marvelous displays of offense, all season long.  But, just last night, the N.O. offense got stymied by a solid defensive performance.

yeah teams are going to adapt to this new style of gameplay and new defensive schemes and techniques will be developed for the modern day game.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 02:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now, more than ever, it takes a complete team to win a championship.  No matter how good your offense is, sooner or later, you're going to have to stop someone else from scoring.

(11-30-2018, 02:05 PM)Okeana Wrote: it's a knee-jerk reaction to this year.  

(11-30-2018, 02:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I get that.  KC, New Orleans, and the Rams have been putting on marvelous displays of offense, all season long.  But, just last night, the N.O. offense got stymied by a solid defensive performance.

Coaching offense and defense is different. On offense you can be a lot more creative than the defense. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Eventually, defense wins championships. Yhis is true in most if not all sports. Different ideas, schemes, etc come and go, but you have to fefend competently.

I just want a coach that displays some energy, that fights for his men when the need arises.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 03:21 AM)grampahol Wrote: At this point I really wouldn't be surprised if they dipped into the college ranks, roll the dice and hope to strike oil (but strike a sewage line)

Lincoln Kennedy... But it'll still be Marv's gig next year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 09:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: If we had their young athletic linebackers we'd have a chance to win a lot of games. That is really what stands out about the Dallas defense more than anything, they have guys that can run and cover. People thought the Cowboys over drafted Vander Esch but he looks like DROY to at this point in the season. 

Jalen Smith is a bad boy too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 02:10 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Add another name to the Head coaching Candidates list. He calls the defensive plays  for the Cowboys and What they just did to New Orleans was more than impressive. He  coaches fearlessly which I love. To me if you're looking for a young energetic coach that can turn this Defense around then he might be your guy.

Hue Jackson will be our next HC by 2020 if he wants it.Marvin will either go upstairs or be our full time DC. Its a perfect fit.They are already here,no changes needed as the players are all in all this.Honestly all the injuries to this team just killed them.The battle cry for next man up is a joke as the next man up is clearly not as good as the starter.By the way, does anyone on here know who runs the practice squad Practices????
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 02:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Coaching offense and defense is different. On offense you can be a lot more creative than the defense. 

Really?  Remember when the Zone Blitz scheme first became popular?  Offenses were completely stumped by it for a good while, it force offensive game planning to completely revolutionize, in order to get past it.  Or the 46 defense and double eagle, before the offenses went completely pass-happy?  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 01:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yes but in name only Kris is the the guy who calls the plays. Kind of a weird set up but it works.

Thanks to you and Okeana for answering my question. Maybe we can get him to be DC next season. That D lastnight totally disrupted the Saints.
Dallas's LBs are for real, ours not so much...
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 02:42 PM)jason Wrote: Jalen Smith is a bad boy too...

Damn i wanted this guy in stripes. But he probably wouldn't of done anything with Haslett coaching him.

Probably would of sat on the bench.

(11-30-2018, 04:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Thanks to you and Okeana for answering my question. Maybe we can get him to be DC next season. That D lastnight totally disrupted the Saints.
Dallas's LBs are for real, ours not so much...

Looks like the next best young LB duo...

Vander Esche is actually shedding blocks well in Dallas which was his only weakness.
Reply/Quote
When did Andy Dalton play for the Saints
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 05:00 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: When did Andy Dalton play for the Saints

November 11th of this year. It was only a one day contract but he was fantastic for them. Almost NOS MVP!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 01:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: you don't need an offensive minded coach to win in this league;  you need a good offensive coordinator.  
You need a HC that wont go conservative in the second half and try to hold on while ahead by 2 touchdowns. I want offensive minded coach we have been trying that defensive coach for 16 years time for a change.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 02:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agreed. I'm not sold on the whole offensive minded coach thing. You either know football or you don't. We need a motivator and even more, a disciplinarian. This team has lost itself. It's lost it's pride and ruggedness. Somehow, finesse and flamboyancy has set in. You just don't win with those. This team has lost it's identity. Players, coaches and ownership all have to take ownership of this BS. 

No doubt Harley, it is sad cause if this thing was done right in the Offseason we could of got this fixed.

Now we have to wait another Offseason most likely and it still will not be fixed most likely.

I think what some mean by offensive minded is that they are not conservative like Marv honestly.

Not necessarily and Offensive coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 06:39 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: You need a HC that wont go conservative in the second half and try to hold on while ahead by 2 touchdowns. I want offensive minded coach we have been trying that defensive coach for 16 years time for a change.

Yeah, like BengalsBong here says. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 06:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think what some mean by offensive minded is that they are not conservative like Marv honestly.

Whatever

Marv is conservative when trailing by 21.

Reply/Quote